3 things that needs to change NOW fow new players.

NogueiraA

1 - Make "Extended quickbars" a default for new players.

2 - Camera max distance to 100% by default in the in-game options.

3 - Make Sprint enabled for everyone since level 1 by default.

You have no idea the amount of people that plays the game and have no clue about using more abilities and zooming out the camera. They don't even know about the abilities panel where they can enable Sprint. They just don't, they play the game "as is".

I like helping new players, so I go to Twitch and watch new people, literally all of them don't even go to the in-game options. They just don't.

A LOT of them I mean a L-O-T of them are level 40+ using 1 skill bar, no sprint on and camera all zoomed in.

Is it Bioware's fault? NO, I know it's not Bioware's fault, believe me I know but hey it would take almost zero development time to change these 3 things and it'd make the game way better for new players.

New players who refuse to learn how the game works should not have everything fixed for them by the devs. They need to learn for themselves, the hard way if necessary, at some point.

The game is already very accessible, always was but more so now, so I don't believe any more babying of noobs from Bioware is necessary.

Only if they fix the taxi bug first. Surely you've seen it, where you are zoomed in fairly close, and then you take a taxi, and you arrive fully zoomed out, but if you tweak the mouse wheel, suddenly you're back where you were.

New players who refuse to learn how the game works should not have everything fixed for them by the devs. They need to learn for themselves, the hard way if necessary, at some point.

The game is already very accessible, always was but more so now, so I don't believe any more babying of noobs from Bioware is necessary.

Not EVERYTHING... Just these 3 things to make it better for them. They are not asking for it, I am, a veteran who watches new players get to level 40 using 2 abilities, full zoom'ed in camera and no sprint.

The game IS very accessible but you're not seeing the big picture here. I'm talking about these 3 little things, I never said the whole game has to change.

Not EVERYTHING... Just these 3 things to make it better for them. They are not asking for it, I am, a veteran who watches new players get to level 40 using 2 abilities, full zoom'ed in camera and no sprint.

Who are you to tell them how they should play?

And what exactly is *wrong* with playing fully zoomed-in anyway?

For reference: I have the "max out" slider set as far as it will go so that when I want a bigger view, I can have it, but when I'm doing general adventuring, like, say, stomping launch-day solo-story Spirit of Vengeance, I play zoomed in so my character's feet touch the top of quickbars 1+2.

The corollary to that is games shouldn't force new players to hunt for features that they're not even sure or even imagine that they exist.

New players, for example, should have exploration missions turned on by default. How many new players think "hm, I bet there's a feature to unmask currently hidden missions if I just go to may map window and click an option."

You have no idea the amount of people that plays the game and have no clue about using more abilities and zooming out the camera. They don't even know about the abilities panel where they can enable Sprint. They just don't, they play the game "as is".

I like helping new players, so I go to Twitch and watch new people, literally all of them don't even go to the in-game options. They just don't.

A LOT of them I mean a L-O-T of them are level 40+ using 1 skill bar, no sprint on and camera all zoomed in.

Is it Bioware's fault? NO, I know it's not Bioware's fault, believe me I know but hey it would take almost zero development time to change these 3 things and it'd make the game way better for new players.

These are really good suggestions, especially the "max distance" suggestion. It took me a long time to realize that I could move the camera out further than it was letting me at first.

You have no idea the amount of people that plays the game and have no clue about using more abilities and zooming out the camera.

Still I don't think Extended quickbar's is the WAY to go!

While everyone can support Advanced Quickbar's, and 5x more prefer that over Extended. Also not every new player wants Extended.

As for 2 & 3, I'd say they aren't as important. Yet setting Camera Distance 100% is just WISE as well as default.

I also don't like when my Sprint is turned off doing some missions in Later Chapters, or on some Planets only after exiting however. Never sure why it suddenly is set to OFF, even though you never turned it OFF. So I'd wish they'd FIX those Chapters or Planets that cause it to get turned OFF.

:)

Edited by Strathkin