Any Ranked Jugg/Guardian DPS players left?

Ugolino

Consider this an informal survey.

1. Do you play Jugg/Guardian DPS in ranked, or have done so within the past year regularly? (more frequently than once a month) and will you list your character name?

2. Is it your main PVP class?

3. Are you happy with how Jugg/Guardian DPS plays in ranked at the moment-if so why or why not?

4. Will you continue doing so after 7.0's changes?

5. What do you think of the changes currently suggested for Guardians/juggs in 7.0?

1. Do you play Jugg/Guardian DPS in ranked, or have done so within the past year regularly? (more frequently than once a month) and will you list your character name?

Prum - Guardian - Star Forge -season 14 - 1508 elo -160 wins. Probably 120 of those games where as veng jugg.

No. I main conc operative this season.

3. Are you happy with how Jugg/Guardian DPS plays in ranked at the moment-if so why or why not?

Yes it was a very fun spec. It's very unforgiving. You have to be good to play well. But if you play well you can punish bad players very hard with your utility. It's very satisfying watching people stun into your immunity. Or leaping away constantly so you cant be hit. The outplay potential is very high.

Veng jugg is also viable in most solo ranked. Viable in all 4 metas, all dps, healer/dps, tank/dps, tank/heals. Better in some, worse in others... but playable in all. It is also stronger against some comps than others.

All together I think in 6.0 it's in a good spot. It has its weaknesses but is definently not OP.

I'd like to see them buff its damage. Especially it's dots. It has pretty good burst for a dot spec, but the dots themselves are very weak.

If it's fun sure.

5. What do you think of the changes currently suggested for Guardians/juggs in 7.0?

I advise all players to be patient with "current 7.0" changes. There is no way to know balance until every class has been announced and tested. While dps jugg may seem weak and nerfed in 7.0, everything has been nerfed. I dont want to make assumptions on how the class will play until we can actually test it in real situations.

Edited by septru

1. Why do you main concealment instead of Jugg DPS?

2. Do you think that the listed changes to date have any chance of leaving the Jugg class as remotely enjoyable in 7.0? If so, why?

3. Would you support making Operatives choose between roll, holotranslocate, and one of their current self-heals at level 70 in 7.0?

Edited by Ugolino

1. Why do you main concealment instead of Jugg DPS?

I main conc because I have played conc for many years. More than I'd like to admit. I enjoy the playstyle and it is one of the most enjoyable classes for me, even before the buffs in 7.0.

With that said, I have found veng jugg to be the most fun I had this season. There's so much you can do with veng jugg. The kit is almost endless. Certainly more than operative.

2. Do you think that the listed changes to date have any chance of leaving the Jugg class as remotely enjoyable in 7.0? If so, why? Would you support making Operatives choose between roll, holotranslocate, and one of their current self-heals at level 70 in 7.0?

I really really really recommend not to pay attention to anything regarding 7.0 yet. I'm surprised Bioware is even letting players know about some of the classes for 7.0 right now. There is literally no point. Bioware hasn't even created the set bonuses or tacticals, which if they are anything like 6.0 set bonuses and tacticals, can change the playstyle and strength of each class dramatically. More to the point, Bioware will likely make heavy balance changes that could completely gut or buff classes.... but those are wayyy down the road.

I main conc because I have played conc for many years. More than I'd like to admit. I enjoy the playstyle and it is one of the most enjoyable classes for me, even before the buffs in 7.0.

With that said, I have found veng jugg to be the most fun I had this season. There's so much you can do with veng jugg. The kit is almost endless. Certainly more than operative.

I really really really recommend not to pay attention to anything regarding 7.0 yet. I'm surprised Bioware is even letting players know about some of the classes for 7.0 right now. There is literally no point. Bioware hasn't even created the set bonuses or tacticals, which if they are anything like 6.0 set bonuses and tacticals, can change the playstyle and strength of each class dramatically. More to the point, Bioware will likely make heavy balance changes that could completely gut or buff classes.... but those are wayyy down the road.

Okay, but do you feel the current listed changes are reasonable, independent of any hypothetical tacticals or set bonuses?

Also do you think that idea of forcing limitations at level 70 would be reasonable for Operatives?

(Offtopic but do you know why youtubers apparently have issues with your gameplay?)

Edited by Ugolino

Consider this an informal survey.

1. Yes, Azilis; SS Focus Guardian meme of season 13, in the flesh

2. It is my main in general

3. No. Too squishy, relies to heavily on kiting to survive (doesn't feel very inline with how a tanky jedi should be), relies

on using defensive tacticals and setbonuses, but I manage somehow

4. I'm still waiting to see how the other classes end up, but from what it looks like now I'll probably be uninstalling

5. Dogsh:rak_04:t

Okay, but do you feel the current listed changes are reasonable, independent of any hypothetical tacticals or set bonuses?

Also do you think that idea of forcing limitations at level 70 would be reasonable for Operatives?

Idk man. You're asking a lot of questions about 7.0 which I haven't even considered, and don't think its worth anyone's time to consider. Things are going to change so much between now and 7.0.

(Offtopic but do you know why youtubers apparently have issues with your gameplay?)

You'd have to ask these individual people their individual opinions about me.

I have gotten 1500-1600 on every jugg/guardian spec for the last 3 seasons and would definitely consider them weaker than average. I will keep playing it because underdog or lesser appreciated classes are fun to experiment with. It's also interesting see how far you can stretch the boundaries of the metagame.

Not sure how I feel about the changes, a lot will come down to if we keep or get a new really good tactical / set bonus to either mitigate damage or can escape reliably (grit teeth, force bound, nimble master are great). Not gonna look too deeply into the PTS changes because we still have no clue how half the classes are gonna play and we need that information to help determine how juggs are gonna perform for 7.0.

Edited by gunsandsabers

• 2 weeks later...

I recently went through all of my juggs/guardians and found that I have not been significant since season 7. Last title I have received. I have titles from grouped ranked to season 7.....

Point is, I really have not played seriously since then and may have queued for 1-2 ranked matches this season. In fact, I have not been queueing much for regs anymore. I consider it dabbling now when, in the past, used to be a die hard. I have been getting on old imp toons just to play around with them. I find this style of pvp much more fun now.

To answer your thread question....No.....not many of us are left.

Prum, I am glad you having success, but you are in the "click". Hard to take your score seriously. Really not trying to be critical...just speaking the truth. Sorry!

• 7 months later...
I recently went through all of my juggs/guardians and found that I have not been significant since season 7. Last title I have received. I have titles from grouped ranked to season 7.....

Point is, I really have not played seriously since then and may have queued for 1-2 ranked matches this season. In fact, I have not been queueing much for regs anymore. I consider it dabbling now when, in the past, used to be a die hard. I have been getting on old imp toons just to play around with them. I find this style of pvp much more fun now.

To answer your thread question....No.....not many of us are left.

Prum, I am glad you having success, but you are in the "click". Hard to take your score seriously. Really not trying to be critical...just speaking the truth. Sorry!

He is actually good jugg. Seen in many arenas before. Better then most jugg I see. On sage though lol. Maybe that is his throw toon.