Star Fortress Runs

I've been having this issue all day now, but it begs the question. Do people still ever run and do Star Fortresses? I've only managed to do one today, which was Tatooine. As for the rest of them, I haven't had much luck at all. And this is on my Imperial Sniper, as well as my other toons that still need to run them.

Unless you are trying to get the achievements and companions tied to them, there is indeed very little incentive to run them.

The main demotivator are the pityful rewards compared to doing flashpoints. If they ever get around to increasing the tech fragment and item drops to the level of flashpoints, people would actually start running them again.

Unless you are trying to get the achievements and companions tied to them, there is indeed very little incentive to run them.

The main demotivator are the pityful rewards compared to doing flashpoints. If they ever get around to increasing the tech fragment and item drops to the level of flashpoints, people would actually start running them again.

True, but if it's for conquest as well, that's why I do them.

True, but if it's for conquest as well, that's why I do them.

I consider myself a conquest fanatic....because i choose to just causally care bear through the game now to stay away from all the grouped content i used to do. Conquest points are about all i do in this game now.....yea i know, its pretty boring. Ill do lots of old content to be first in the points in the member list...sometimes in both our imp and pub guild.

That being said, even i, dont desire running through star fortresses. Theyre too little points for too much (i dont mind work,,,but give me something for it for petes sake) Heroics, planet missions, kill counts, mission counts, what ever....ill do it. Star fortresses?.....ill pass.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

I've been having this issue all day now, but it begs the question. Do people still ever run and do Star Fortresses? I've only managed to do one today, which was Tatooine. As for the rest of them, I haven't had much luck at all. And this is on my Imperial Sniper, as well as my other toons that still need to run them.

I do Star fortress every day I’m on for conquest. It’s easy points and one or two runs give you conquest.

And if you do it on a stealth, it’s less than 10 mins per run on vet mode.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I enjoy running them as well, and I really like running with other folks; helping them finish for the first time and getting companions. I play on Star Forge. If I ever see folks asking on Odessen for help, I will gladly volunteer. Jephry on pub side and Geophry on imp. =)

I enjoy running them as well, and I really like running with other folks; helping them finish for the first time and getting companions. I play on Star Forge. If I ever see folks asking on Odessen for help, I will gladly volunteer. Jephry on pub side and Geophry on imp. =)

Very nice, sounds like a worthy cause. But too bad I'm on Satele Shan though.

I consider myself a conquest fanatic....because i choose to just causally care bear through the game now to stay away from all the grouped content i used to do. Conquest points are about all i do in this game now.....yea i know, its pretty boring. Ill do lots of old content to be first in the points in the member list...sometimes in both our imp and pub guild.

That being said, even i, dont desire running through star fortresses. Theyre too little points for too much (i dont mind work,,,but give me something for it for petes sake) Heroics, planet missions, kill counts, mission counts, what ever....ill do it. Star fortresses?.....ill pass.

You don't desire it, not even once? Lol. Every time I take a new character through all the content, I do the Star Fortresses in between Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 of KOTFE. Most specifically, the Voss one as the Gormak npc guy makes it easier for me when it comes to Chapter 1 of KOTET. Well, much to my surprise anyway when KOTET went live.

I do Star fortress every day I’m on for conquest. It’s easy points and one or two runs give you conquest.

And if you do it on a stealth, it’s less than 10 mins per run on vet mode.

Indeed, we both agree on that. As for stealth, I've never even tried that. But since you've intrigued me.

You don't desire it, not even once? Lol. Every time I take a new character through all the content, I do the Star Fortresses in between Chapter 9 and Chapter 10 of KOTFE. Most specifically, the Voss one as the Gormak npc guy makes it easier for me when it comes to Chapter 1 of KOTET. Well, much to my surprise anyway when KOTET went live.

I use to solo all of them quite often when it was still fairly new content. To me they are slog fests and just not my cup of tea anymore. If BW would give me a better incentive to do them then i would.

Its challenging content no doubt, especially those final bosses. Its just old content ive done hundreds of times with no sizable reward....so i dont desire them at all...even for conquest. I can make more points faster doing other things.

I do three H2 runs a week (the weekly) for conquest, as well. But usually the only way to team (as a sorc, they're hard to solo) is often to call out and see if anyone is needing to do them for henchies. I did recently find a guildie who does them, so that helps.

Conquest and decos are really the only incentive to repeat them, and the decos are much easier in Story mode (plus, you don't have to share) -- but story mode has been nerfed so much that you fall asleep doing them, anymore. I used to like them to relax after something tense, but now they're just tedious.

Overall, though, it's not the difficulty. It's the repetition. People find them boring. I can't see BW making more incentive to do them, and more challenge would be more deterrent, really, so I'd suggest to just make them slightly more possible to solo (single-saber knights and end bosses, I'm looking at you) and make the weekly for 2 H2s (or 4 story).

I

Conquest and decos are really the only incentive to repeat them, and the decos are much easier in Story mode (plus, you don't have to share) -- but story mode has been nerfed so much that you fall asleep doing them, anymore. I used to like them to relax after something tense, but now they're just tedious.

I'm in a similar position. While I like many concepts that were introduced with Star Fortress and I run them fairly regularly for conquest and deco collection, conquest and decos are the only interest I have them... and conquest was a recent addition to that list. I never run them in groups or higher than story mode. However, I am, personally, rather glad that they are so easy to breeze through.

All I want out of star fortresses, right now, are conquest points and decorations. Running the Star Fortress is not the fun part. Decorating or upgrading my gear high enough to better solo flashpoints for deco runs is the fun part. But, I much prefer buying decos from vendors. That lets me spend more time actually decorating. I only run combat missions for decos because I have to not because I enjoy doing it.

Nonetheless, if running Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave like flashpoints become the only way to get decos outside of the cartel market, I'll be done with both concepts. That is just not how I want to spend my time. 12 minutes to get 4 deco is awesome even if I don't personally like all 4. 3 hours of slog for one deco is killing me. :( At this rate, I need the GSI droid or a new feature I actually enjoy in the game.