If only one thing about the game you'd wish for came true, what would it be?

xordevoreaux

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got two things, in this order:

1) Get rid of RNG gearing. Let us buy what we want, or return specific pieces to specific bosses.

2) Undo the ugly UI changes, including advertising pop-up that we have to drag back to where we want it almost on every log in, the hover-over quickbar pop-ups that fill up the screen on TOP of the quickbar in the middle of the fight when using clicky relic, adrenal medpack and so on, and have everything in interface editor where we can disable, move and resize them.

I've got two things, in this order:

1) Get rid of RNG gearing. Let us buy what we want, or return specific pieces to specific bosses.

I haven't replied to anyone on this thread because a wish list is a wish list and I don't want to derail the thread, but the only problem I have with this is that then everyone who needs the super-duper helmet drop or the super-duper chest piece drop needs to scrounge around for a pug group or wait till their guild farms that particular boss again to MAYBE get that drop if someone else in the group also needs on it.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I haven't replied to anyone on this thread because a wish list is a wish list and I don't want to derail the thread, but the only problem I have with this is that then everyone who needs the super-duper helmet drop or the super-duper chest piece drop needs to scrounge around for a pug group or wait till their guild farms that particular boss again to MAYBE get that drop if someone else in the group also needs on it.

It worked well before 5.0, and even with 5.0 the bosses dropped certain loot. People who don't raid don't need bis gear, and if they want it they need to find company to raid with, or even make their own group at fleet. Buying gear would be a good option too. As long as we get rid of RNG.

The problem is that a lot of the buzz is negative. Disney basically trashed Star Wars with the horrible sequel trilogy, and nearly (if not completely) trashed The Mandalorian over the whole Gina Carano thing.

Few of us have any faith in any other SW stuff Disney may come up with. 😥

What now?

The Mandalorian was excellent, pure genius.

Took me a while to get it; I had to stop thinking of it as "Star Wars" and think of it as a "Western", once I'd jumped that hurdle, the more I watched it as a Western, the more it became Star Wars.

IMO The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars Film / TV content since The Empire Strikes Back.

All The Best

#1 Way better communication from Devs, and Swtor community - it's barely visible on "THEIR" own site.

#2 Make pve/pvp like it was back in 4.0 days - vendors for pvp gear, vendors for pve gear. If the Dev's have to have this magical RNG box in the game you can keep it however give us back the vendors like we had in 4.0 - also let us have pvp comms, pve badges like we used to have in 4.0.

#3 Do number 2.

#4 Communicate better.

A wish list sure, however I believe it was "if you could change one thing" that was asked for, not a list.I am sure every poster/player has a long list.

Tell me about it ...

IMO there are several of us with a "wish list". That was why it was hard for me to select the top one or "alternate" as a back up.

BTW... not a rebuke. Just saying sometimes it really is hard to select just one item since we have seen a few items fall by the wayside that we wish were still around ( like skill trees, COMPANIONS and class stories ) ... THEN after that one item to add !!

Any ways .. Your point is a good one. Just kind of hard to select just ONE item!

:D

BTW: good thread !!

[/two thumbs up]

The elimination of level scaling, or an option to choose to descale the content. There is content in the game older than I've been playing that I still haven't done.

One of the things I like about World of Warcraft is the ability to go back and do just that; solo old content. For some people, that is among one of the reasons why they even play. If I could do this in SWTOR, I'd be quite happy. No more kicking and screaming about how dead PvE is because I wouldn't need a blasted group anymore.

An alternative would be to rebrand SWTOR as a single-player game with optional co-op. Make all group content solo-able or nerf them greatly.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

Hi. The thing i really wish for to come true is no more lag spikes and/or disconnections out of the blue. Honestly, it is extremely annoying to be ( for example) in an operation and both your healers disconnected at the same time, happened a lot in SnV .

Two things but really one if you think about it

1. remove involuntary emotes from the game or at least let us opt out of them.

2. Remove the CC from landscape mobs and heroics. If the devs want the fight to take 5 secs longer, give the mobs 5 secs more of hit points and lose the tedious, constant cc.

Meaningful original companion interactions, make them part of our characters story again and involve our character LI's often.

Yup, this would be it for me. We've finally been reunited with our companions, after all these years. I want to feel like we're actually all back together again.

Edited by OldVengeance

What now?

The Mandalorian was excellent, pure genius.

Took me a while to get it; I had to stop thinking of it as "Star Wars" and think of it as a "Western", once I'd jumped that hurdle, the more I watched it as a Western, the more it became Star Wars.

IMO The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars Film / TV content since The Empire Strikes Back.

All The Best

He said over the Gina incident (as in firing her) not the show itself. :p

Yup, this would be it for me. We've finally been reunited with our companions, after all these years. I want to feel like we're actually all back together again.

Would be nice to have some conversations with some of our companions, something like ( for example)

DS Jaesa talking about searching for you, killing a few Knights of Zakuul in an extreme fury state, destroying their shuttle and so on.

It depends somewhat on the age of the fans. Older fans like myself who loved the original trilogy were a bit disappointed with the prequels, but we hoped that future movies would be better. But no, the sequels make the prequels look good. They killed or ruined all the original beloved characters. Luke is gone, Han is dead, Lea was just a 'leader' (and is now dead), and Chewbacca is now just a background character. Bah humbug! 🤬

I have DVDs/Blu-rays of the original trilogy and the prequels. I even broke down and bought (cheap) DVDs of the first two sequels, but I can't bring myself to even complete the set by buying the final movie. 🤬

Younger fans, who've grown up with Disney, are likely more tolerant of cheesiness (baby Yoda, porgs, etc). Many of them are more interested in Mandalorian stuff, which was only a very minor part of the original stories. It hardly counts as Star Wars for me. It's basically a totally different 'story' set in the SW universe. 😥

It would be like having a program about the trade dealings of the Ferengi and claiming it's Star Trek. 🙄

I don't think it's an age thing. The friends I'm thinking of are mostly in their late 40s and early 50s. They are the ones who stood in line to watch the original trilogy. While opinions are mixed on the sequels they are all very interested in the different Disney series. Middle aged men and women who grew up with the original series and who are active members of the 501st love Grogu just as much as the younger fans. (Porgs not so much.) Enthusiasm for all things Star Wars is high among my circle of fan-friends, despite the recent movies being disappointing to most.

Personally, I think the Mandalorian is far truer to Star Wars than SWtOR is, and I think a series based on the Ferengi would be a fun entry into the Star Trek universe.

Gratuitous picture of my son being devoured by Death Troopers during a book signing because I think he was adorable.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I don't think it's an age thing. The friends I'm thinking of are mostly in their late 40s and early 50s. They are the ones who stood in line to watch the original trilogy.

Watched A New Hope in the summer of 1977 in Colorado Springs at a drive-in theater during an electrical storm. No rain, just a LOT of lightning and thunder in the distance. We still heard the movie from the small speakers hanging off the car windows despite the thunder. Added to the special effects.

That one will always be the best movie for me.

Just one thing from my long wish list. Restore the original home world experience. I miss being able to play as a Consular on Tython or an Inquisitor on Korriban. Having that experience gave our character a feeling of growth that is now sorely lacking. All they had to do was force us to choose an AC on our home world prior to taking the shuttle to the fleet. Disable the shuttle and lock all queues until an AC is chosen. But like always BW took the heavy handed approach and picked up the cleaver rather than the scalpel.

Probably missed when posted elsewhere, but Class Missions, to bring back some of the uniqueness and incentive to play different classes:

So, whenever the Bounty Brokers Association event returns, it reminds me of how I'd originally thought the classes might be played when I started playing SW:TOR. Currently, there are 8 stories and distinct skill sets, but once you're finished the stories, everything's sort of uniform, other than some choices and light side / dark side options.

What I mean is class missions in which a bounty hunter actually regularly engages in going out, tracking and carboniting a bounty (making a few stops around the galaxy), and collecting. A scoundrel actually undertakes a smuggling mission, a light-side agent could engage in espionage against the Empire and a dark-side agent could engage in espionage against the Republic, a Republic Trooper could be deployed to intervene in a violent incursion (Voss v. Gormak, Wookiiees v. Trandoshans, Alderaanian house infighting) or hostage-taking, Sith could conduct interrogations and / or assassinations (or Dark Council intrigues), and Jedi could engage in rescue and peace-keeping missions...

These could accumulate class-specific reputation toward class-specific rewards...

While I would really like a hood up/down option, lots more companions, and weapon stamping, I narrowed it down to two:

• Add the non-force classes to the opposing side, that aren't just mimics: Imperial Trooper, Imperial Courier/Gunrunner, Republic Conscript/Bodyguard, SIS Agent (or similar, with all-new stories)
  • Something like Warframe's Captura mode, where I can either replay cutscenes for my current character or run around and shoot/attack/etc, and pause/rotate to take screenshots.

[Edit] forgot, a third big one for me. Recast the voice actors per race, and not per class. I know it's a lot of work, but I find it odd when my Zabrak Knight sounds exactly like my Mirialan and Twi'lek Knights, because they are all David Hayter. I feel like it would be great if he voiced Human or Mirialan, across all classes, and then have someone else for Twi'lek, one for Togruta, etc.[/Edit]

Edited by WHTJunior