Fix Spirit of Vegemce already

RameiArashi

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, for easy mode, you walk into the Flashpoint, pull out your weapon, everything dies immediately. You get 10 billion credits, a complete set of 306 bonus armor, a title that says "super player", and a baby yoda pet. The end. 😂

Even Super Mario Bros gets harder towards the end. 😇

That level of exaggeration and contempt toward players who are complaining about this flashpoint is exactly what I mean. Many players, including many veterans, have complained about this flashpoint since the PTS, in a way that they have not complained about other flashpoints or content. There's clearly a disconnect in the difficulty/tedium level in Spirit of Vengeance when compared to the flashpoints before and after. Those bosses require the player to be awake and paying attention, but aren't getting the same complaints.

if you get a difficulty toggle why would you possibly care if someone enjoyed an easier experience? It's not affecting you.

As for Super Mario Bros, I see that and raise you Game Genie and cheat codes, which are supported by Nintendo.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

TLDR: Is this FP Hard on story mode: Yes it is hard, but not difficult to beat if you use your brain along with what you know about your class and their capabilities too. (For those that don't want to read how I manage to do it each time, same tactics with various classes)

I have done SoV quite a few times now. I have been playing since 2013. I don't do Ops, I don't do much of PVP, it's all depending on my mood. I don't do a lot of the stuff others do. I do however play the stories because that is what I enjoy. I started with SoV on my Jedi Knight sentinel Watchman spec. Gear rating of 278. Bounty Hunter Merc Arsenal, Sith Warrior Marauder Fury all their gear was around 278 at the time, no set bonuses. I just recently did it again on a Trooper Commando in Gunnery Spec with a few 306 Pieces in Weapon, but her gear was 282. I don't do have all the datacrons in my legacy because I hate the jump mechanics for some. I did die a few times when it has come down to Field Marshal Kol. Is the last boss hard to kill , Not her just the trash mobs she sends out when you've hurt her ego. First round of mobs those cannoneers are a little Overpowered still, but they can be killed. I try to put one to sleep for a few while I get rid of those annoying medics that seem to keep the others from dying.

On the second wave of Mobs I did die because let's face it, our companions stand in stupid a lot, and Rass did just that, so I sat back as I revived myself as I was letting my heroic ability timer reset, I remembered to equip the med packs that heal both you and your companion that you can buy right there from that droid vendor. Also remembered to repair my gear which was like a 5k repair bill. I started thinking of how to do it again. Ran back into the room with Kol yet again, and started pounding on her and keeping both Rass and myself out of her red dots she throws all around. So far so good. Bruise her ego and she flies off sending in the first wave of trash. I stun one cannoneer and remove the medic so they can't heal the others.

I take that mob down, and Kol comes back for another ego bruising session. Take her down on her health again and she jumps out and sends in the last wave with the Snipers. I move myself and Rass manually out of the way of the Cannoneers at the front door, even though they do come in and start shooting at us. I then press my heroic ability and use it on the snipers first. They have the deadly one shot that takes a lot of your health down. Also as I'm doing this. Rass is doing his own thing with healing and firing, our health goes down, so does the 1st sniper. We move over to the 2nd Sniper while my heroic abilities (Which is all of them) has their times counting down on some. I was able to kill the 2nd Sniper and went back to the cannoneer mob, took them down with ease, and Kol came back for the final beating. Took her down and was happy to have finally done it again. Also I move myself around a lot too to get to the Kolto stations they have in the FP.

Edited by ShadowzGreymoon

Something that is really starting to irk me about this thread is the sheer number of people who can be summarized as "it's not hard for me/too easy for me, who gives a **** about anyone else"

I say this as someone who figured out SoV without too much trouble.

SoV is incorrectly tuned. It's totally out of line with content both before and after it.

Most importantly, there are more difficult modes of it available for those who want the challenge. Why on Earth are people insisting on keeping story mode difficult?

The casual gamer is a thing. The disabled gamer is a thing. What kind of ***-hole do you need to be to insist that the game should not be accessible to them?

Something that is really starting to irk me about this thread is the sheer number of people who can be summarized as "it's not hard for me/too easy for me, who gives a **** about anyone else"

I say this as someone who figured out SoV without too much trouble.

SoV is incorrectly tuned. It's totally out of line with content both before and after it.

Most importantly, there are more difficult modes of it available for those who want the challenge. Why on Earth are people insisting on keeping story mode difficult?

The casual gamer is a thing. The disabled gamer is a thing. What kind of ***-hole do you need to be to insist that the game should not be accessible to them?

It's really not difficult... It's much easier now. It's just the last fight that still needs to be tuned down.

^^Yes, this. God bots for noobs.

Then make all content hard, including story. Then increase companion strength which will be further scaled by companion influence level. A level 50 comp should be godlike. Then give everyone's first story companion level 30 at start ( for example, T7 for jedi knight storyline). If players find the game is too easy with this high level starting comp, then they can simply use one of the freebie legacy comps, or wait until their 2nd comp is granted via story.

NO! Do not make ALL content hard... There already are 2 HARD and EXTRA HARD modes you can pound you head agents the wall with all you want. Try using them and NOT SCREW UP THE GAME for people that do not want HARD all the time.

It's really not difficult... It's much easier now. It's just the last fight that still needs to be tuned down.

True enough, but it only takes 1 fight to prevent the FP from being completed. Which prevents the story from progressing. I'd be more sympathetic if this was optional content, but it's not.

Not a good situation

True enough, but it only takes 1 fight to prevent the FP from being completed. Which prevents the story from progressing. I'd be more sympathetic if this was optional content, but it's not.

Not a good situation

I Fully agree

re: if this was optional content, but it's not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you get it now people, it's not optional, and if someone does have issues, they are stuck, no getting friends to help, no god bot, nothing to help get over that hurdle to the next point in the STORY...

Some of you need to actually think about other people instead of yourselves. A God Bot won't impact on YOUR play style, won't affect the FP, as it can be turned off. But no, you'd rather mock people, insult people, and put them down.

Edited by DarkTergon

It's really not difficult...

I'm glad that this was not difficult for you....

Having said that the same is not true for everyone else. Why can you not accept that Others actually MANY others are having a Hard time completing SoV. It's great that you find it easy but what is easy for you may be impossible for somebody else.

I have been able to get through SoV but not with out dying several times on my way to Field Marshal Cole and even more times trying to kill Field Marshal Cole. It does not make me want to run and play every day just to get my butt kicked over and over then die over and over just to get mauled to death over and over by Field Marshal Cole once I finally get there.

I have 19 more characters that still need to do this.... I AM NOT looking forward to the drudge, grind or all the deaths that will happen. And I am not even sure if I will be alble to get my 2 healers through it since they're DPS and Power has been nerfed into the ground.

Does the term "Solo Story Mode" have any meaning for you? It should. Solo means you MUST do this by yourself with what ever gear, experience and ability that you have.You can not bring any help if you run into trouble or if your gear is all GREEN or Blue. If you DIE over and over .... Again and again... The Fun goes away and Frustration takes its place. Frustration is NOT good or FUN. It makes people want to quit and go find something that is fun. Being DEAD all the time is NOT FUN!

There are still 2 other modes of play (Veteran and Master) to satisfy everybody that wants harder content without making everything harder than it needs to be for the players that want easier (aka FaceRoll) content.

Edited by denavin

Before SoV threads get heated and then actioned by mods I'm just gonna say this for the final time:

All the griping about this FP are people asking devs to further tone down the FP (or boss fight) so they can progress their story. Have you heard difficulty complaints about the FP after this one aka Dantooine? Exactly. It is just this FP. Also the fact that Dantooine has a pseudo Godbot in the form of Aryn/Krovos. It makes all the difference.

I just hope all the condescension won't sway the devs so much in considering the many suggestions we stated. If they ever remove the SOLO tag from this anyone who needs help can PM me, I'd happily do so!

Edited by vianiel

Before SoV threads get heated and then actioned by mods I'm just gonna say this for the final time:

All the griping about this FP are people asking devs to further tone down the FP (or boss fight) so they can progress their story. Have you heard difficulty complaints about the FP after this one aka Dantooine? Exactly. It is just this FP. Also the fact that Dantooine has a pseudo Godbot in the form of Aryn/Krovos. It makes all the difference.

I just hope all the condescension won't sway the devs so much in considering the many suggestions we stated. If they ever remove the SOLO tag from this anyone who needs help can PM me, I'd happily do so!

True, though Secrets of the Enclave even without Aryn and Lanier it is much better balanced for the Story Mode Flashpoint then SoV in Solo Story Mode. Using a companion with a lower influence than 25 it is still doable without too many problems. You can still get you butt kicked but only if you get stupid and pull too many mobs, thus making the failure your fault rather than the Flashpoints fault, as it is with SoV.

What is annoying me about this thread is both side have agreed that my solution with the GOD BOT is the easiest and best solution. But instead of coming together to petition BioWare to implement it. Those who can’t get through are still calling for the flash point to be nerfed more and this is antagonising the rest of us to say “git gud”.

At this point in the discussion, people from both perspectives are just trying to troll the other side. So why don’t you all calm the F down before BioWare does something no one will like. Ie try and nerf the boss fight even more, which adds more bugs to it and ultimately drives more people from the game who don’t like bugs or playing simple story content all the time.

Let’s get BioWare to fix everyone’s issue by adding a voluntary GOD BOT. Can we please stop fighting amongst our selves and you all work towards the solution that favours everyone.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What is annoying me about this thread is both side have agreed that my solution with the GOD BOT is the easiest and best solution. But instead of coming together to petition BioWare to implement it. Those who can’t get through are still calling for the flash point to be nerfed more and this is antagonising the rest of us to say “git gud”.

At this point in the discussion, people from both perspectives are just trying to troll the other side. So why don’t you all calm the F down before BioWare does something no one will like. Ie try and nerf the boss fight even more, which adds more bugs to it and ultimately drives more people from the game who don’t like bugs or playing simple story content all the time.

Let’s get BioWare to fix everyone’s issue by adding a voluntary GOD BOT. Can we please stop fighting amongst our selves and you all work towards the solution that favours everyone.

The real problem is Bioware. They simply DON"T GET IT.

No one tells them to do anything to SM/VM/MM, just freaking fix the SOLO SM.

Add a God Bot.

Remove the Snipers (who even care if the 2 snipers are nerfed or removed in solo story mode?).

The issue and the solutions are clear as daylight. Why is it not done?

The real problem is Bioware. They simply DON"T GET IT.

No one tells them to do anything to SM/VM/MM, just freaking fix the SOLO SM.

Add a God Bot.

Remove the Snipers (who even care if the 2 snipers are nerfed or removed in solo story mode?).

The issue and the solutions are clear as daylight. Why is it not done?

You don’t need to remove the snipers if you add the God bot.

You don’t need to remove the snipers if you add the God bot.

God Bot will solve any future difficulty F-up. It is a perfect, long term solution.

But if giving a perfect solution is too good for BW, the fix-one-problem way is to remove that two snipers in solo SM.

I just can't understand why either solution is too difficult for a supposedly professional develop team.

OK, this is general, we know devs are allowed to respond here, whilst not in other certain forms.

So for the love of sanity can one of you at least answer the community.

Can we get the God Bot? Yes or no

if no, why

Also why have these last few FP's been fixed in such a way that you can't even invite anyone else in to help, when you have always been able to do it before, in stories, etc.

Edited by DarkTergon

All the griping about this FP are people asking devs to further tone down the FP (or boss fight) so they can progress their story. Have you heard difficulty complaints about the FP after this one aka Dantooine?

No, but I do remember the complaints about various things in previous story-step FPs:

* The spinning thing in Nathema Conspiracy

* The Voreclaw in Nathema Conspiracy

* The "For House Inrokini" mobs (about their number more than their loquacity) in Copero

* The Guardian Droid in Copero

* Umbara in general

* Jos and Valk in Blood Hunt (a fight which is actually *more* difficult with the God Bot)

But also

* Outlander versus Vaylin inside Outlander's head in KotET Chapter IX.

Exactly. It is just this FP. Also the fact that Dantooine has a pseudo Godbot in the form of Aryn/Krovos. It makes all the difference.

And Krovos is just as annoying, or maybe more so, than the God Bot. At least the God Bot joins you at the enemy rather than pulling the enemy away from you.

Including Jesus Droid / God Bot would solve the problem and should be the simplest fix. We can then dismiss it if we feel like it is too easy and want a challenge. Not sure why they remove it after Shadow of Revan FP thou.

The FPs with the Jesus Droid are designed for a group of 4 players. When they later added the Story Mode they gave as the Droid, so the didn´t have to redisgen the FPs.

The new Story Mode FPs are designed for one player and a companion. So i God Droid is not needed.

The FPs with the Jesus Droid are designed for a group of 4 players. When they later added the Story Mode they gave as the Droid, so the didn´t have to redisgen the FPs.

The new Story Mode FPs are designed for one player and a companion. So i God Droid is not needed.

That doesn't explain why Story Mode Esseles has the God Bot. (Same for Black Talon) In either of those, if you go in as a level teens character with a rank 1 companion, you can dismiss the God Bot(1) and stroll through just fine.

(1) I keep wanting to write Godot here, but I think we'd all be waiting ...

It would not hurt to have that bot on this flashpoints for those that need or want it. If you want it dismiss it. There are those that would like it and if you can dismiss it or you actually have to call the bot it wouldn't hurt for it to be added for those that want it.

I have never understood the thinking if something like this is optional how it hurts anyone else or affect their gameplay, it doesn't. While I doubt I will use it but I am also of the idea if it helps someone else then add it. I am not going to be so difficult that I will only want my way when adding something like this would be optional and therefore not affect my gameplay but help someone else playing through this story when this can't be skipped because it is needed for them to progress.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

We'll explore adding an optional Combat Support Droid in SoV. I do not have a set target date for when this will be implemented, but wanted to say that this is something we are looking into.

As a friendly reminder to everyone, please keep posts constructive and respectful.

You don't have the god bot, but when you're running the story you get two companions for a lot of the flashpoints needed to progress, with the exception of Copero and Imperial Meridian Complex. You're not doing most of them with one single companion.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero