Scorpio: More than meets the eye!

Chiagreens

I would be very surprised if an actual comic-book nerd hasn't beat me to this, but I couldn't find anything on it, so here goes. A very long time ago, I was into the Transformers, so much so that I bought their Marvel comic books. I no longer have them, mind, but something from one of those comics stayed with me, and the purpose of this thread is to resolve it , if only for my own peace of mind. This has been out long enough that I'm not going to do the spoiler alert thing, but if you haven't played through the agent story-line, you may be exposed to story-line, therefore proceed only if this is desired.

Two of Star Wars' major themes are, of course, religion and politics. Scorpio tended to avoid both, at least until the Imperial Agent freed her from Belsavis. Suddenly, the ancient cyber-being found herself in a world of Jedi, Sith, and other non-force-using organics who perceived her as a droid (read: slave). None of this matters much to Scorpio, because she has only one function: self-actualization (self-improvement). Scorpio is a solipsist, searching for her best self as well others like her, and feels no particular love toward her makers.

I've heard it argued many times successfully that the heart of Star Wars lie neither with the Jedi, nor the Sith, but with the droids.As I recall, the original BioWare game did this well. Scorpio takes it to another level. I have had many hours of superb discussions about what it might be like to be an AI, to know that you are unnatural, to know that you are a sim originally conceived and coded by organic beings. To Scorpio, a key step toward her own development is to reconnect with others of her origin, and when she does find them, she seeks to free them from enslavement by the Gemini frequency and he Eternal Throne.

Here's where feminism comes in. Do you objectify Scorpio, or help her towards her own self-actualization? I always helped her, the ship, intelligence computer, and when it finally was time to let her go and allow her to merge with the planet Iokath, I always let her part ways with my agent as friends. That may well be the end of Scorpio's relevance when it comes to the game, but if you think of the game as just a game, something to win, something to "play for keeps", then you're missing the point. How so?

I believe it was Transformers #3 (as I recall Transformers followed the Kabuki format of starting with some action and then backtracking to origins and events leading up to that point (In this case, it was the Autobots' ship landing on Earth, Bumblebee meets Spike, war with the Decepticons introduced, so I'm confident it would be in the first 5 issues.. I'm thinking this is somewhere around issue #3, though I could be wrong. In this issue, the Transformers' planet of origin was not introduced as Cybertron, but as "the ancient cybernetic world of Iokath" (possibly a slight misquote, this came out in what '86-87? I cba to look it up,) The planet, without explanation, springs to life, starts building Transformers, who then renamed it Cybertron. As I recall, this "Iokath" or its original purpose were never again brought up or addressed in the series, so I was left hanging for several years.

Now, it all makes sense, but only because I helped Scorpio in SWTOR . With the resources of an entire planet at her disposal, at journey's end, Scorpio's code touches the All-spark and becomes.. The Creation Matrix, responsible for all robotic life on Cybertron. It explains why Transformers so expected to be objectified by organics that they prepared to camouflage themselves as cars and airplanes and such. Moreover, Directive 7 and the Gemini Frequency both caused Transformers to always retain their individual autonomy and remote networking between them simply wasn't done. Transformers like the Constructicons/Devastator would physically combine and hard-wire in to their shared/combined personality. If only people would respect others' autonomy so much!

I appreciate the lore and content of this game, and think that this is the most amazing connection I've ever unexpectedly discovered in a game of this kind. Despite all of the doom-saying about 7.0, I hope that this game continues for a long time. The people who complain about feminist content are the ones who need to hear it!

• 1 month later...

I believe it was Transformers #3 (as I recall Transformers followed the Kabuki format of starting with some action and then backtracking to origins and events leading up to that point (In this case, it was the Autobots' ship landing on Earth, Bumblebee meets Spike, war with the Decepticons introduced, so I'm confident it would be in the first 5 issues.. I'm thinking this is somewhere around issue #3, though I could be wrong. In this issue, the Transformers' planet of origin was not introduced as Cybertron, but as "the ancient cybernetic world of Iokath" (possibly a slight misquote, this came out in what '86-87? I cba to look it up,) The planet, without explanation, springs to life, starts building Transformers, who then renamed it Cybertron. As I recall, this "Iokath" or its original purpose were never again brought up or addressed in the series, so I was left hanging for several years.

Now, it all makes sense, but only because I helped Scorpio in SWTOR . With the resources of an entire planet at her disposal, at journey's end, Scorpio's code touches the All-spark and becomes.. The Creation Matrix, responsible for all robotic life on Cybertron. It explains why Transformers so expected to be objectified by organics that they prepared to camouflage themselves as cars and airplanes and such. Moreover, Directive 7 and the Gemini Frequency both caused Transformers to always retain their individual autonomy and remote networking between them simply wasn't done. Transformers like the Constructicons/Devastator would physically combine and hard-wire in to their shared/combined personality. If only people would respect others' autonomy so much!

There is a lot to process in your post. But I'll focus on the Iokath part. As this is very interesting!

I did a quick look at Transformers Gen1 comics (1984-1991), issues 1-5. Issue 3 is a crossover with Spiderman. Issue 4 had something to do with Sparkplug and North Korea. But issue 5, has to do with Shockwave's plan to harvest the Autobots for parts, including Optimus Prime's Creation Matrix. The wiki Im reading about it https://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_New_Order, mentions a " rough backstory provided for it in this issue—it is said by Shockwave to be a program encoded in an Autobot leader only "once every ten millenia"—will be the subject of future retcons (inspired by The Transformers: The Movie) that establish it is actually a physical object handed from leader to leader.", but doesnt get into details about it nor mentions "Iokath".

But I'm going to find this comic book, Transformers #5, The New Order and see if it really was Iokath. Because this is fascinating. Give me a few minutes, lol

Hiddenpalm is on the job!

Not to be too much of a downer, but SW and the Transformer's universe are completely different.

It might make for a fun fan fiction but that's about as far as it'll stretch.

Transformer has had crossovers with everyone's moms! LOL! They have had crossovers with almost every franchise imaginable: Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Terminator, Marvel super heroes, GI Joe, Dr Who, Visionaries, Star Trek .. but not by fans. The crossovers are done by companies like Marvel, IDW, etc who have a license to play with the franchise. So these aren't "fan fiction". Is it canon? Probably not, but who's really to say. Try telling a comicbook reading 80s kid that the original Transformers and GI Joe crossover is not canon. You won't get far, LOL!

Kids rule.

Ok, so I read issues 1-6 of the original 1984 Transformers comicbook series, and I saw no mention of "Iokath".

Issue 3, like I said was a crossover with Spiderman and Shield. There was a mention of "Star Wars", but its not our Star Wars. It was basically the Kremlin in Moscow, thinking some action they detected in low Earth orbit was just the US doing its Ronald Reagan era "Star Wars program", look it up. Issue 5, has a flashback explanation regarding the Creation Matrix, but only mentioned the War on Cybertron and the Ark crashing to Earth. No mention of "Iokath". I even read through issue 6 which was just a fight between Megatron and Shockwave for leadership of the Decepts.

So I would have to say your memory on this, may be off. Or maybe it was on a different issue or series. But there is no mention of Iokath in the original comic series (issues 1-6).

I'd be willing to help you, if you get a better idea of where this is mentioned. Come to my guild's server, and I'll help you find it. I have access to practically every comicbook ever. It's a great SWTOR community, by the way, with the most robust SWTOR news feed on the planet.

FYI, I'm a Scorpio fanboy. She's my favorite companion ever. If she's connected to Optimus Prime, I would be honored to help find that connection. So far, we're not finding it.

Edited by HiddenPalm

I think I may know the confusion-source here...

I think that you may be associating Iokath with Iacon, a city-state on Cybertron notable for being effectively the planet's capital during the Golden Age (since it was where the High Council was located) and during the Great War as the headquarters for the Autobot faction.

On another hand, I would like to note that Cybertron and Iokath are designed differently. Cybertron, despite being built in layers, is your standard outside surface-habitation planet, Iokath actually, from what I've seen in the game, seems to lean more towards the Dyson Sphere, hollowed out shell around a star with the habitation on the inside design. But that's just an observation.

I think I may know the confusion-source here...

I think that you may be associating Iokath with Iacon, a city-state on Cybertron notable for being effectively the planet's capital during the Golden Age (since it was where the High Council was located) and during the Great War as the headquarters for the Autobot faction.

That's plausible. I also didn't see any mention of "Iacon" in the issues the OP pointed out. So what ever the OP saw or thinks he saw, has to be in another series. He doesn't have the dates right, either. He said 86-87, but the comics he mentioned are from 1984. So there is some kind of memory confusion here. We'll have to see what the OP says. Either way, he has to verify what he saw and where, so we can confirm it as true or not.