Crew Information (Skills, Gear, Affection) All in one place.

Copperhamster

Got tired of bouncing back and forth between various webpages for characters so I setup my own spreadsheet with what I consider the important in game data for each crew NPC.

• Crew names, weapons, armor, stats, role, crafting bonuses. 90% confidence all correct.
  • Relative appreciation of gifts per crew member. 98% confidence all correct.
  • Gift Quality/Rank/Affection level -> Affection gain chart
  • Gift Grinding- The most cost efficient way to use vendor purchased gifts to obtain 8000+ affection, with pricing/item number break downs for all gift appreciation ranks.
  • Crew skill synergies and mission results.

It is available for viewing here. (Google Docs)

Should be relatively printer friendly.

Feel free to download/copy/distribute/alter. Information obtained from personal experience + merged from several wiki and database sites.

I will continue updating as I find new information or am inspired to add things.

If I decide to quit I'm willing to turn over authorship to someone else (and will make a post at that time on this thread.)

If you see an error you can send me a personal message or post in the thread and I'll see about confirming/fixing it.

Or you can ignore this. Have fun

Edited by Copperhamster

• 2 weeks later...
Nice sheet. One item I would add if you do not object is their Favorite, Love and related Companion Gifts (At least the Favorite and Love ones).

Just a thought, but otherwise perfect

That information is on the second tab of the spreadsheet (NPC gifts, look in the bottom left). I ranked them by number rather than use terms like 'like' 'favorite' and 'love' because that confused me a bit when I was starting (is 'favorite' or 'love' better?)

Latest update, kinda confusing at first glance...

Gift Price/Point tab added:

What that tab represents is this, I took the vendor cost of class 1 and 2 green items, and the price the Galactic Exchange recommends on the items for things you place on it, rank 1-5, green to purple.

Note I did not have a green rank 3, or most of the purples (I only had a rank 4) so I extrapolated the recommended price. Those extrapolated prices are in orange. Rank 5 Purple is probably the most off, but nothing should be more than say 10 credits off I bet. If someone can get me corrected price recommendations for those items I'll update it, or do so as soon as I get around to it.

At any rate. What the numbers in the table represent is, if you buy the items at that price point, that is the relative cost per point of affection you get when giving them to the companion at that preference/rank. Lower is a better value. So as you can see, if you can get it close to the 'recommended' price, giving, for example, a Purple rank 5 gift to to a companion who likes it the most (gift level 3, I think 'favorite' on some other sites) is cheaper per point of affection if they are in the 8000-10000 range than any other rank.

Note that the costs are based on someone just dumping an item at the recommended price; If they are actually pricing it out, the numbers go out the window. My personal recommendation is you download the spreadsheet tab to your computer, or your own google document, and you can compare for the cheapest per-companion gain by slotting in the actual prices on your server's galactic exchange.

This can also serve as a good guide to pricing out companion gifts you may have lay your hands on that you do not wish to use yourself for what is a reasonable price.

Items in italics are actually a worse deal if you buy them off the GE at their recommended sales price than if you just buy the green rank 1 (200 per) or rank 2 (600 per) vendor item. In other words you are better off either saving them for higher levels of affection or even just selling them on the exchange yourself.

I plan to collect some data from 'companion gift' missions in terms of numbers of items you get to determine how the price per mission stacks up against fame earned, however that will take a significant amount of time to put together. (If anyone else has been tracking this and would share, I'd greatly appreciate it).

Edit: Added Bold Underline to the cheapest price per point in any row, to make it stand out. Surprisingly, this seems to be rank 1 purple, until they reach 6001, at which point it becomes rank 4, then 5. Again, with the above assumptions.

Also, n/a means you don't get any affection at those spots, so there is no effective ratio.

Edited by Copperhamster

Just wanted to say thanks for making this and putting it out there for people to use!

Very nice tool indeed, saved me a lot of time. I'll most certainly be making use of it again in the near future, thanks again!

Underworld trading, rank 3:

Here's the computed line for it from 12 "crafts" of various types (moderate/abundant/etc). I'm not sure how useful it is really though because it will vary a lot based on skill and based on which companions (crit, affection, etc). But for what it's worth:

I spent a total of 5095 credits on 12 crafts.

I received 13 greens and 2 blues all rank 3. (also 2 schematics) I got a fairly diverse range of gift types (8 diff types). This doesn't seem like an absurdly large or small haul. I had one craft "fail" and return nothing. I got both blue's from the same crit.

This computes out to:

0 – 2000 2.50

2000-4000 2.95

4000-6000 3.25

6000-8000 6.50

8000-10000 16.38

For comparison your vendor green rank 3:

0 – 2000 4.68

2000-4000 5.518867925

4000-6000 6.09375

6000-8000 12.1875

8000-10000 30.78947368

It's coming out as best of ALL ranks of gifts for 6k range (your listed was rank 4 purp at 7.15). For the 4k range it's not bad (your listed best 2.60 rank 1 purp). For 0-3999 it's terrible. Not great for 8k+.

What can we say about this?

- It appears (for this test data set) that it's better than vendor greens on a price per point basis to run missions

- It's only better assuming you are able to get LOVE reactions from everything you find

- It's far faster than watching the Kiosk for weeks to get the most efficient purple ones at decent cost

- It's far slower than just buying things from the vendor

- Perhaps most importantly: You have NO CONTROL over which gift types you get so you may very well get a pile of gifts that you don't need if you aren't trying to level a lot of companions at once

First - thanks. I love this gathering of data into one source.

Second, not that beggars can be choosers or anything, I'd suggest adding a column with the planet on which the NPC is earned. Not only is it useful and sometimes hard to find information, it is info that encourages play (which is good for the game).

Edited by JohnnyVelocity

Dr. Lokin is actually M. DPS not R. DPS. Though I guess he could do both.

I editted this post and added new information in a new post below.

Edited by Saeria

Khanthal:

Thanks for the info. Small sample but the metrics are useful. I'm tracking some of my own (though I try to run mostly missions that actually get me crafting components rather than the (faster) companion missions. One of the things that tells me (and was my impression just looking at the mission costs) is that even if you sell at the GTN's default price you will generally make at least a small amount of cash for them.

JohnnyVelocity:

Would love to be able to add the information but I've found several conflicting sources as to exactly when and in what order the companions come. I've tried to at least get them in the order they are in (I had to change a couple based on seeing what guildies had picked up).

If you can pass along what information you're sure of, I'll see what I can compile on my end, from experience and a few guildies. I myself only have a single character that has earned all companions. The sheet also might get a little too wide but I have some ideas for that.

General stuff:

One thing I'm trying to do for my own benefit is gauge the relative value of various classes of gifts. For example, very few people like imperial/republic gifts at level 3. However, especially on the Empire side, there are lots of weapon nuts. However that's kinda hard to quantify well. It's more for 'fun' than anything else. Also, later companions gain fame faster... (Hmm question if anyone with, say, multiple 50s.. are the 'base' conversation gains the same across all the classes or does it vary? I should drop that in the spreadsheet somewhere if it's all the same).

Yes I do weighted median math for fun.

Edit:

Saeria thanks for the information. I'll work that in somehow. (he like, really changes when he changes 'stance' doesn't he? I saw something about that but couldn't confirm.)

Edited by Copperhamster

Khanthal:

Thanks for the info. Small sample but the metrics are useful. I'm tracking some of my own (though I try to run mostly missions that actually get me crafting components rather than the (faster) companion missions. One of the things that tells me (and was my impression just looking at the mission costs) is that even if you sell at the GTN's default price you will generally make at least a small amount of cash for them.

Assuming they sell, yeah...but repub memoribilia is just this side of useless. You get a fave only as a trooper or only if you are a MALE inquisitor. If you are a female Ashara hates your face and the best gifts (not joking) are a 1 on your "like" scale.

I'm coming into this with most of my companions far from max so I am feeling that running the missions will be the most cost effective route for me. I should have someone to give everything to and almost always a fave.

Republic Memorabilia is the best you can give to LS Jaesa, tied with Cultural Artifact, but that's a huge opportunity cost.

And you will make money by selling GTN prices because of the crits. On the other hand, the crits are more valuable, but their value is kind of misleading.

Edited by Saeria

Got a complaint so I'm tweaking the page order and first couple of pages. Going to put a 'here there be spoilers' section, essentially.

edit: And I have made the changes. They should be minor. Also added (best I could dig up) planets you grab the companions at in the spoiler section, along with some notes.

Edited by Copperhamster
update

Oi. Thought I lost this thread.

Lokin in Rakghoul form/stance is a melee and does melee dps. The tooltip reads "Doctor Lokin transform into a rakghoul, increasing all daamge dealt by 5% and lowering threat generation by 25%. Additionally lowers the cooldown of all attacks by 25%. Enables the use of rakghoul abilities".

Besides this, his attacks are actually melee (4m range):

Swipe -"Close-range attack that deals 677-830 damage to the target. Only usable while Lokin is transformed into a rakghoul."

Infect -"Covers the target in infectious goo, doing 906-980 damage every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. Only usable while Lokin is transformed into a rakghoul."

Also, Temple is like Vette and dual wields Blaster Pistols, so her off-hand weapon is a Blaster Pistol; however Temple can use Blaster Rifles but this means some of her abilities are not usable.

Kaliyo can use a Shield Generator or a Power Generator.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Got tired of bouncing back and forth between various webpages for characters so I setup my own spreadsheet with what I consider the important in game data for each crew NPC.

• Crew names, weapons, armor, stats, role, crafting bonuses. 90% confidence all correct.
  • Gift Grinding- The most cost efficient way to use vendor purchased gifts to obtain 8000+ affection, with pricing/item number break downs for all gift appreciation ranks.

It is available for viewing here. (Google Docs)

Should be relatively printer friendly.

Feel free to download/copy/distribute/alter. Information obtained from personal experience + merged from several wiki and database sites.

I will continue updating as I find new information or am inspired to add things.

If I decide to quit I'm willing to turn over authorship to someone else (and will make a post at that time on this thread.)

If you see an error you can send me a personal message or post in the thread and I'll see about confirming/fixing it.

Or you can ignore this. Have fun

This used to be a good link now it is nothing but SPAM for Google Chrome. :mad:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

There are also white (Common) Gift Items not included in your List.

For example, the item that Ranna Tao'Ven gives to a Jedi Knight as a gift for T7 is a Rank 2, white (Common) Technology Companion Gift.

There is at least one website that has the information on them, but I don't have it bookmarked on my new laptop yet. I'm sure that it should be fairly easy to search for and find though.

• 7 years later...

Very helpful, but I think Aric Jorgan may be Rifle only. He came with a rifle for me at least. He may be able to use the cannon as well though.