Should I do all the side quest?

SinizterOne

Question is straight forward and I know its been done to death, but should I be doing side quest? I was doing everything available to me and found myself way overleveled and wound up bored (although I really like the story). So should I just do the main and planetary stories and I wont miss out on anything?

You won't miss out on much in the way of main story impact. Some of the things and people in the planetary storylines appear again later, or are mentioned, but side quest stories are mostly just a bit of flavor.

And you can always do them later if you feel like it.

You won't miss out on much in the way of main story impact. Some of the things and people in the planetary storylines appear again later, or are mentioned, but side quest stories are mostly just a bit of flavor.

And you can always do them later if you feel like it.

Thank you a bunch :)

You don't have to do them, but I recommend doing them at least once since the side-quests, flashpoints and the like can frequently contain information and encounters that help other parts of the game make sense.

Most infamous, of course, is the series of flashpoints ("Taral V" and "Maelstrom Prison" on the Republic side, followed by "Boarding Party" and "The Foundry" on the Imperial side) that set up elements for the later "False Emperor" flashpoint and the "Shadows of Revan" expansion.

Also notable is Imperial Balmorra, for introducing a character who appears again when the Jedi Consular arrives on Republic Balmorra, and the Tatooine Planetary arc that features an element that plays a role in Khem Val's companion storyline...

Edited by turbomagnus

I would recommend doing them once each on a Republic and an Imperial character(*). They - along with the planetary series, Bonus series etc., exploration missions - nicely flesh out the story about the galaxy and its state; all of this in the first 3 chapters of the class stories remains arguably the best part of the game.

(*) You could do them on stealth characters to get the story flavor while avoiding several mobs. Ranged DPS characters with good AoE like Telekinetics/Lightning, or Sharpshooter/Marksman can also speed up going through those missions.

I would recommend doing them once each on a Republic and an Imperial character(*). They - along with the planetary series, Bonus series etc., exploration missions - nicely flesh out the story about the galaxy and its state; all of this in the first 3 chapters of the class stories remains arguably the best part of the game.

(*) You could do them on stealth characters to get the story flavor while avoiding several mobs. Ranged DPS characters with good AoE like Telekinetics/Lightning, or Sharpshooter/Marksman can also speed up going through those missions.

huh you know i think just judging from what ive read, alot of the comments really encourage seeing everything. So maybe it was just the class I was rolling why I got bored lol. Thanks to all that responded its been really insightful

I am a new player and I have completed the Class Story for the Jedi Consular. I did most of the side quests and am glad I did. They may not add much to the overall story but to me they helped make the planets fell more complete. I probably will skip a lot of them with the other classes but I do recommend doing them at least once as others have said.

I am a new player and I have completed the Class Story for the Jedi Consular. I did most of the side quests and am glad I did. They may not add much to the overall story but to me they helped make the planets fell more complete. I probably will skip a lot of them with the other classes but I do recommend doing them at least once as others have said.

And on at least one Empire-side class, do them all, because they are very different on Empire-side characters.

• 2 weeks later...