Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What character do you hate the most? *Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
What character do you hate the most? *Spoilers*

Bxvx
08.28.2020 , 09:31 PM | #11
All of those are good answers and I totally agree with you both lol.

JLazarillo
09.08.2020 , 09:51 AM | #12
Vaylin. I could just never take her seriously. The emotional maturity of a 2nd grader and a level of intelligence that's not much better, she ends up being just a generic ******e Sith who never serves as a credible threat, especially since she could've been dispatched way back in KotFE chapter 3, and then again in Gault's chapter. It doesn't help that the writing likes to talk her up as some incredible ****** when in practice she pretty much screws up at everything she attempts (and usually screws herself, at that).

I'm glad, at least, that the story at least with her made it clear that sometimes an ******e is just an ******e, and didn't try to use her traumatic experiences as a convenient excuse for her terrible-ness, though, and I'm doubly glad that they didn't allow the player to magically undo it all with sexy lovin' therapy.

SteveTheCynic
09.08.2020 , 10:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TikkyLightmaker View Post
Saresh, right from the 1st time i realized she was the governor of Taris, and that she was the one giving that "Together" speech that greets you to Taris... i was rather meh about her. Then... was it in Rise of the Hutt Cartel... i think so. I just felt like she was just such a hypocrite, i dunno, she just seemed fake, to me. And then when I got to Ziost, that was it. Nope. So much nope. And when she tried to have my character assassinated on Drommund Kaas, i was surprised that she wasn't a secret Sith.
In fact, the first signs of Saresh's true nature are clearly visible when you meet her on Taris. Take the mission from the guy whose name escapes me but stands next to Strom in the spaceport, and you get a close-up view of who Saresh is and how she thinks and how she turns those thoughts into results, as she talks to poor Hull.

But anyway, my list of "hate this one" starts with a close fight between Saresh, Skadge(1) and Darth Blobular. Not far behind them is the Quinnster, naturally.

(1) The only companion-to-be that I wanted to kill as soon as he opened his mouth when I first encountered him.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Darkrebellord
09.08.2020 , 11:36 AM | #14
I hate the imperial agent because their storyline is so overrated its boring.

TikkyLightmaker
09.10.2020 , 11:55 AM | #15
Got another one. Not sure about "hate the most", but he really makes me want to have him thrown from an airlock...

Komo Fett.

Shut your blipping mouth, you pinhead! At least he was smart enough to know he wasn't smart enough to be the Mandalore. I withheld the intel on the last op at Darvannis once, in hope he would meet his fate there... didn't work.

fishpeople
09.15.2020 , 01:06 PM | #16
Lana Beniko

The plot is trying desperately for me to like her.

eldefail
09.23.2020 , 10:53 AM | #17
Dark side Jaesa.

There are a lot of characters that I just love to hate, like Baras, and Tarro Blood, and Koth, and others, but they aren't bad characters necessarily. I still enjoy them as entertaining characters.

Dark side Jaesa is just annoying. She's like an edgy teenager who dyes her hair black and red and wears dark eye makeup and listens to bubblegum punk while she inserts herself as the mary sue protagonist love interest in a bad Draco Malfoy fanfic.

I genuinely just hate the character wholly and completely. I think it's weird that a grown adult on Bioware/EA's staff created her.

TikkyLightmaker
09.24.2020 , 12:11 PM | #18
Yeah, she's kinda cringy. She's not just dark side, she's batsheep crazy. There's Sith who went way way deeper dark and were't half as crazy.

Guess she can't handle the dark...

JJKerryee
09.24.2020 , 12:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
Vaylin. I could just never take her seriously. The emotional maturity of a 2nd grader and a level of intelligence that's not much better, she ends up being just a generic ******e Sith who never serves as a credible threat, especially since she could've been dispatched way back in KotFE chapter 3, and then again in Gault's chapter. It doesn't help that the writing likes to talk her up as some incredible ****** when in practice she pretty much screws up at everything she attempts (and usually screws herself, at that).
This was the whole point of her character tho. Vaylin is not supposed to be a mastermind or an incredible strategist, she's a broken character with incredible power. She doesn't stop being a threat because she behaves like a 2-year-old or because she isn't very bright. Both of those factors just enhance the threat she represents to the galaxy.
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.

turbomagnus
09.25.2020 , 05:38 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by eldefail View Post
Dark side Jaesa.

There are a lot of characters that I just love to hate, like Baras, and Tarro Blood, and Koth, and others, but they aren't bad characters necessarily. I still enjoy them as entertaining characters.

Dark side Jaesa is just annoying. She's like an edgy teenager who dyes her hair black and red and wears dark eye makeup and listens to bubblegum punk while she inserts herself as the mary sue protagonist love interest in a bad Draco Malfoy fanfic.

I genuinely just hate the character wholly and completely. I think it's weird that a grown adult on Bioware/EA's staff created her.
The thing is... that's exactly what she is. Actual age aside, she basically is a teenager trying to rebel against her parents (who if you didn't kill them straight up) sold her out for a better life, her former Master who lied and manipulated her to use as a weapon in his and Baras' private war, the nobles of Alderaan who were always lying and faking and she could sense it, and even the Jedi Order who tells her what she can and can't do by doing the exact opposite of what any of them want. If the Warrior had some kind of space motorcycle (okay, speeder bikes, but NPCs don't acknowledge those), one would almost expect her to go the leather-clad biker chick with pointless piercings and tattoos route...

Jedi Master: "I don't want to see you hanging around that Sith anymore, young Padawan!"
Dark Jaesa: "His name's Ekun Xar and we're going to get married and be, like, totally big-bads of the galaxy and slaughter all you old jerk Jedi!"