Questions about difficulty

ParaB

I've recently reinstalled SWTOR and have started playing a Jedi. Played SWTOR when it was initially released but quit after a couple of months.

I've just left Tython and wonder if the challenge/difficulty will eventually ramp up? Because at the moment the game is IMO incredibly easy and thus quite boring, despite the excellent voice overs and cut scenes. I'm already lvl 17 (!) haven't died once, haven't even used a single medpack, never needed to flee from combat. Even the 2+ dungeon 'chamber of speech' provided zero challenge when soloing with my droid companion.

I don't remember the initial release being that easy and fast to level.

Is this just a Tython/starter planet thing and will the game challenge increase as I explore further regions?

Thanks!

so much XP is given while leveling that you quickly over level the content. at launch you would have left Tython at level 10 or so. 10 being the requirement to use the lightsaber given as a final quest reward.

then you would leave Coruscant in the mid teens, about level 16 +/-. so you are starting that planet already at a higher level than necessary and will likely hit 25 or so before you leave.

the one thing that you could do in order to preserve some challenge is to only do the class story; ignore all planetary missions. Doing this will help keep your level closer to the intended level for the class based content; but it will still not be much of a challenge.

The current philosophy seems to be to rush new characters/players into the end game,

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated.

A bit disappointing, to be true. Because if the combat stays so easy quest rewards, loot and even crafting all kinda become meaningless as long as you focus on PvE and the story.