Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Master Mode Flash Point difficulty increase

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mike_carton
02.13.2021 , 06:25 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvel View Post
Yea i hear that, I just want endgame beyond ranked pvp or nim raids. I want hard small group content.
Did you do MM Flashpoints? Manaan, Tython, Korriban, Chiss, Nathema, and SoV are challenging in MM. How about MM Uprisings? Try MM Divided We Fail, Destroyer of Worlds, and Trial and Error and get the achievements there.

Did you do these already?
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Wolvel
02.19.2021 , 03:30 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Did you do MM Flashpoints? Manaan, Tython, Korriban, Chiss, Nathema, and SoV are challenging in MM. How about MM Uprisings? Try MM Divided We Fail, Destroyer of Worlds, and Trial and Error and get the achievements there.

MM FPs are a joke in their current state calling them MM compared to MM ops is just lying imo. I will never understand why they changed names from HM flashpoints to Nightmare flashpoints.

Uprisings where a flop on release and have struggled to get people to do them even being lv 75 in a lv 70 instance. They feel like a slog and the constant waves of trash don't help much. I'm eager to see the changes made but a the end of the day no one will care because the base design of uprisings is boring and not rewarding.

Opiklo
02.20.2021 , 01:51 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post

none of the mentioned fps is challenging. if YOU find them challenging, its your opinion.
none of the mentioned fps has a significant dps check, no significant heal check and no nim worthy mechanics.
there is only 1 fp boss, which could be considered nim and thats mokkan the mint jelly boy.
and even he is a joke compared to what he once has been.

and SoV can be soloed. thats challenging yes, if you play it as solo content, but not as group content.

and uprisings are just a design failure.
i dont see the fun in killing endless waves of respawning weak adds, which make playing dot specs a pain in the a.....

i cleared everything and i must say the bossees in the upriisings are quite nice but stil the endless add killing is neither fun nor challenging.
RiP Forum

SoontirMorillo
02.20.2021 , 03:53 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Opiklo View Post
none of the mentioned fps is challenging. if YOU find them challenging, its your opinion.
It is always funny. Isn't it?

One player says, with my skill set, master mode flashpoints are hard.
The other player says, with my skill set, master mode flashpoints are easy.

None of them is wrong. Both are telling the truth.

The only question is, what Bioware thinks, should be the base line for master mode flashpoints? Around what skill set, should master mode flashpoints be developed?

One player represents a huge part of the games population.
The other player represents the tiny nightmare capable player population.

In addition... when we look at the games history, we see nerfs to every flashpoint in master mode. Copero... more stacks. Blood Hunt, decrease of the dps check for the first boss. Just two examples.

So... for me... this is a no-brainer... what will Bioware do? Everybody should know the answer. But of course you can make a plea for a change of direction every few month, if you want. In whatever direction you like. Easier, harder. Whatever floats your boat.

As my last point... i think they will rework difficulty in master mode flashpoints, the same day, they decide to make master mode operations hard again. hashtag teamNostacks.
Erinnerung an mich: unbedingt meiden.

Alpentraumpilger, Better now, Brain Bug, Glücksbärchis GmbH, La'Frayeur, Neidmeer, Semper Fidelis, Steel Talons, The Empire.

Wolvel
02.22.2021 , 05:42 PM | #35
Or just call "master mode" flashpoints hard mode flashpoints. For the new Master mode flashpoints just remove the vets edge stacks.

SoontirMorillo
02.22.2021 , 10:56 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolvel View Post
Or just call "master mode" flashpoints hard mode flashpoints. For the new Master mode flashpoints just remove the vets edge stacks.
Or you introduce Nightmare Flashpoints and Nightmare Operations without stacks. You don't even have to change names for the current onces.

Alpentraumpilger, Better now, Brain Bug, Glücksbärchis GmbH, La'Frayeur, Neidmeer, Semper Fidelis, Steel Talons, The Empire.

Opiklo
02.23.2021 , 05:29 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
Or you introduce Nightmare Flashpoints and Nightmare Operations without stacks. You don't even have to change names for the current onces.
when did you play nim ops the last time?
the stacks are gone for a year now........
RiP Forum

SoontirMorillo
02.23.2021 , 08:27 AM | #38
I can confirm this. They changed it in February, 2020. It was not in the patch notes, but Eric Musco acknowledged, that it was an intended change.

CommunityDroidEN
02.23.2021 , 01:13 PM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Removed post - KI

mike_carton
02.26.2021 , 08:34 PM | #40
when did you play nim ops the last time?
Not recently, it is apparent. A lot of people pose on the forums who don't know what they're talking about.

To be fair, nobody on the forums can be sure I've done what I sometimes claim to have done. The pros and perils of anonymity.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.