Toxicity

ChrisSchmidt

Chris,

Thank you so much for listening to recent, and not so recent concerns. Its great to see, especially legacy ignore.

Hopefully legacy ignore will be legacy to legacy as people have requested and that the points made by others here regarding revealing all legacy toon names does not happen - it should be limited to the known trouble toon I'd feel.

Very interesting points made by players in this thread and I'd hope even for those on whom the hammer falls that there is some forgiveness and fairness on people who are contrite for wrongdoings or where maybe blamed in the wrong.

Well done once again.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(...)

Gear Requirements in Ranked PvP

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are adding a gear requirement of iLevel 306, in addition to Valor Rank 25, in order to be able to queue for Solo Ranked PvP. (...)

I'm curious: How does this scenario play out in Mr. Kanneg's mind? Does he think he will achieve the numbers he strives for as well as the quality he envisions for his beloved game mode?

"Q for ranked, people." <crickets chirp>

Just why would I ask about something I already know the anwer to?? No, I do not know the answer to that so I am curious.

currently the ignore function doesn't keep you from teaming up with them as in pve queues. So they're muted still but can still be part of your team in warzones when they are on your ignore list.

Just why would I ask about something I already know the anwer to?? No, I do not know the answer to that so I am curious.

Really? A ranked player that doesn’t know that the ignore function doesn’t work the same in pvp as in flash points or operations group finder?

Dude, you’ve been here long enough to know that ignore in pvp will still put you in the same teams as people on your list or theirs.

And if you really didn’t know, I’m actually surprised and apologies for not explaining it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Really? A ranked player that doesn’t know that the ignore function doesn’t work the same in pvp as in flash points or operations group finder?

Dude, you’ve been here long enough to know that ignore in pvp will still put you in the same teams as people on your list or theirs.

And if you really didn’t know, I’m actually surprised and apologies for not explaining it.

I mean you're replying to the same guy who claimed the virus was a total hoax.

On topic and not directed to you, it's great they're doing something I guess. Like everything else BW, too little too late.

"In Game Update 6.1.4 we are updating the Ignore list to ignore an entire Legacy. If you add a player to this list, it will apply to every character they create in their Legacy. It will behave very similarly to the current Ignore list, with the addition of not allowing an Ignored Legacy into your Personal Stronghold."

So how does this affect group finder? Currently, if even one person in the group has player X on ignore for whatever reason, player X will be unable to join the group -- even if he's actually a nice guy, and the person having him on ignore is the one at fault.

What if your group has some idiot who has legacy ignored half the server, including your tank buddy who is queuing for the same ops via the group finder? Can a single malicious person hold back the entire group with his ignore list, which could potentially block thousands of characters?

And what if there are more such people attempting to misuse the feature to sabotage the game? A group of malicious fanatics might share a "black list" of names based on, for example, a player's assumed political stance (this is already being done in social media like Twitter), then spread out in the game and attempt to hinder as many other players as possible from enjoying the game.

Summa summarum: How are you going to prevent the deliberate misuse and abuse of the mechanic?

Edited by Parsifal_

Thinking about all the two faced people who behave on certain toons and act a fool on other toons. Will they behave now or only play to troll gen chat?

well, if they troll general chat you can ignore all of their toons with one ignore action. That also means that you can put more actual people on your ignore list rather than individual toons.

And what if there are more such people attempting to misuse the feature to sabotage the game? A group of malicious fanatics might share a "black list" of names based on, for example, a player's assumed political stance (this is already being done in social media like Twitter), then spread out in the game and attempt to hinder as many other players as possible from enjoying the game.

Not wanting to play with trump supporters isn't a crime.

I wouldn't want to play with such people, so not sure what the problem is.

will legacy ignore be retroactive with current ignores?

I'm hoping so :)

Thinking about all the two faced people who behave on certain toons and act a fool on other toons. Will they behave now or only play to troll gen chat?

They'll probably still act the same, but I wonder how long it will take for people to start complaining that 'friends' are on their ignore list by mistake, or some such stuff ;)

Edited by DarkTergon

They'll probably still act the same, but I wonder how long it will take for people to start complaining that 'friends' are on their ignore list by mistake, or some such stuff ;)

Ha! That would be funny. Imagine being frenemies with the server berk.

Ha! That would be funny. Imagine being frenemies with the server berk.

All of a sudden 3 quarters of the population can’t communicate with each other. LoL. Gen chat stops. No chat in pvp (like there is now /s) RPers on the fleet can’t RP cause they can’t see half the stuff posted. Group finder stops working cause too many people are on ignore lists.

Going to be fun times for a few weeks while everyone resets their ignore lists. :D

All of a sudden 3 quarters of the population can’t communicate with each other. LoL. Gen chat stops. No chat in pvp (like there is now /s) RPers on the fleet can’t RP cause they can’t see half the stuff posted. Group finder stops working cause too many people are on ignore lists.

Going to be fun times for a few weeks while everyone resets their ignore lists. :D

It is a soloists dream! :D

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are removing vote kick from Ranked PvP, which is where we see the greatest abuse of this feature. If we see continued abuse we will remove it from other game modes. I would like to add that some of the original intent for Vote Kick (AFK players, etc) has been mitigated over the years by increased detection methods and data logging. However, we will continue to closely monitor for the behavior Vote Kick was intended to curb, and continue to invest in more advanced detection methods.

The funny part about that is, people have to play with each other now even if they don't like each other.

b.t.w.PVP Arena gear scaling is a bad game design,

Is it fair to balance it out to someone who spents more time into this Game just because he is a New Player ?

No. Bad Longterm decision.

A legacy friends list would be great -whereby every character in my legacy can view if a friend character is online.

Personally, no. Just because I ran something on one char, and added that person to my friends list, in case they want to run something again, doesn't mean I want them to know my whole legacy.

Hi friends,

Vote Kick

Vote kick was a feature implemented years ago with the best intentions, giving players the power to remove a toxic member of their group. However, we’ve seen behavior change over time towards vote kick being abused not to remove harmful players, but harass or troll legitimate ones.

In Game Update 6.1.4 we are removing vote kick from Ranked PvP, which is where we see the greatest abuse of this feature. If we see continued abuse we will remove it from other game modes. I would like to add that some of the original intent for Vote Kick (AFK players, etc) has been mitigated over the years by increased detection methods and data logging. However, we will continue to closely monitor for the behavior Vote Kick was intended to curb, and continue to invest in more advanced detection methods.

:csw_jabbapet:

We decided to reduce toxicity, that's why we remove kick option from toxic players.

Welp.