<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

SpinForbidden

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. I am over 40 and looking for a Guild now that there are Guild Perks available from v5.10 "Guild Leveling" update. Is the Elders leveling up and getting guild perks?

Yes! We are level 13 as of today and have most perks unlocked because we've always worked on conquest and unlocking areas of our ship.

Just want to say what being in the Elders guild is like for me. I'm old and know how to yell "get off my lawn!". That is about as drama-filled as this guild gets. It's a relaxed, safe place to play either solo or in a group. We try to reach our conquest goal each week but nobody asks us to do that. If we don't reach it, then no big deal. If we do reach it, then great. There are no quotas to fill, no obligations (other than being nice to each other), no pressure. Just have fun and enjoy the game.

We have a Friday night 16 man training run for everybody. If you're new to the game, or back from an absence, or want to try a new class or spec or whatever, then these runs are for you. It's always a story mode op and we bring just enough heavy hitters to help us through without actually carrying everyone.

If you want stress and drama, then this guild is not for you. If you want a safe place to play, to learn, to have fun, then this guild is definitely for you. One of our main rules is that real life always comes first. You can play around your real life schedule and nobody yells at you for that. This is the safest guild I've ever belonged to and plan to stay for as long as I"m playing swtor.

Edited by miscnine

• 4 weeks later...
<Elders of the Republic> has started reserving the last Friday of each month to run a training operation with our sister guild <Elders of the Sith>. It's been nice to pull out our Imperial characters for change and have fun with lightning, dark wards, etc. What operations do we run? Unless one or more of our players have a strong preference otherwise, we'll often choose an operation that coincides with a conquest operation for the week. We have no conquest requirements in our guild. Players who participate in conquest do so because that is the way they like to play the game. However, completing a select 16-toon operation can pull in a staggering amount of conquest points for a guild, which has a subsidiary benefit within the current guild ranking system.

• 4 weeks later...

We're a guild for people over 40 years of age. Come check out our Elders of the Republic website and join us on Discord. You can also join us by searching for who: Elders in the social window. Someone should be able to send you a guild invite.

Every Friday Night we have a guild op on Pub side and get a good turnout. At the end of each month we do an op on imp side. That's this Friday! We have in-game events and more to enjoy and help you find community in Elders of the Republic.

https://www.guilded.gg/Elders-of-the-Republic/

Edited by D_efcon

• 1 month later...

As of today the Republic side of our guild has 5/6 rooms unlocked on the flagship with the last to be opened very soon! We are guildship level 32 which means a 13.9% bonus to reputation and experience and a 6.2% bonus to cxp.

We're stilling running our Friday night 16 man training runs as well as flashpoints etc whenever anyone is on that wants to run. There is no pressure; it's great if we can get a group together but if someone is not in the mood, that's okay, too. Our number one rule is Real Life Comes First - no questions asked.

This is a safe, relaxed guild to learn, relax, hang out wtih friends or push hard mode content if that's what you want to do. The elders who have been playing for a long time enjoy helping and teaching new members; they have the attitude that we can all learn from each other. So if you're 40 and/or over and want to join a laid back guild come talk to us. We just might be what you're looking for.

• 1 month later...

I am *well* over the age of 40 - but I heard a while back that in common with many guilds on this server you were mostly in west coast or oceanic time zones and guild chat was pretty dead until late at night my time (I am east coast).

Is that still true?

I am not looking for a lot of guildmates to be on to run operations - if I wanted that I would be on Star Forge. But I do want a guild with a somewhat active typed chat so there are people to talk to and occasionally run less challenging content with that can be done with a single group.

I am *well* over the age of 40 - but I heard a while back that in common with many guilds on this server you were mostly in west coast or oceanic time zones and guild chat was pretty dead until late at night my time (I am east coast).

Is that still true?

I am not looking for a lot of guildmates to be on to run operations - if I wanted that I would be on Star Forge. But I do want a guild with a somewhat active typed chat so there are people to talk to and occasionally run less challenging content with that can be done with a single group.

Hello Istvana,

I would say that Elders tends to be most active during prime time for the US West coast. The weekly training op on Friday nights starts at 9pm Pacific time. However, recently there seem to be more and more people who play at earlier times and I know of some who regularly do flashpoints and PVP at other times.

My advice is to do a /who and search for Elders during the times you are most active to see how many people are on. You could also search for the Elders 'Guilded' channel or Discord to see who is on while you are playing or even have an alt join the guild to see how things are. The Elders guild is very informal with essentially no requirements other than age. Everyone knows and understands that real life is the first priority. Many enjoy helping others experience parts of the game that are new to them and it is easy to plan things you would like to do and get help if needed.

• 1 month later...
I am *well* over the age of 40 - but I heard a while back that in common with many guilds on this server you were mostly in west coast or oceanic time zones and guild chat was pretty dead until late at night my time (I am east coast). Is that still true?

My best recommendation would be to try it out, Istvana. I've been playing with Elders of the Republic while on EST for years, and have friends that I honor and respect here. It can be quiet at times. People have lives and children and things to work on. We get together for Ops on Friday nights. It's true that it is very late on EST.

You could just put one of your toons in our guild to test the waters if you'd like. We don't have any rules against it. You might enjoy the company of players your own age, and people who have an even temperament. We play all sorts of other aspects of the game. Including PVP, FP's, Conquest, decorating our flagships, talking on Discord, crafting. And we've been playing so long that there is a wealth of knowledge here. I hope you and anyone else for that matter would give us a try before dismissing us as a Pacific only raiding guild. That's our weekly training event, but we are so much more than that.

Is that still true?

I have been a member of Elders for a couple of years now, getting close to three actually. I am CST. There are several of us in the CST/EST time zones. Unless you are playing way early in the afternoon, there is usually a fair amount of people on at night. I have been crazy with RL lately and haven’t had a chance to pop in very often, but when I pop in at night, there has always been enough to run some FP and/or WZ’s. If you haven’t already joined, give us a try.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I"m an old returning player that would like to start grouping up for ops and 4 man content as well as learn the game again. I have 2 lev 70 players on the republic side, but never really played the imperial side that much. I think I have like a lev 16 or so. Anyway i'm looking to get back into the game and just have some fun doing ops, maybe a little pvp, but mostly PVE/Story Content.

Powersurge

• 2 weeks later...
I’m a returning player, been over 7 years, looking for an older guild. I’m an older player myself with toons on both sides. I’m still levelling my toons. I’m usually on every day after work or on days off.

Hello everyone! I’ve been playing SWTOR for about a year now ! I’ve mostly played everything by myself! It would be nice to be in a fun guild!! I have 7 level 75 imperials and 4 Republic level 75 toons with some other ones I’m leveling! I’m a 51 year old Male I’m a Correctional Officer in California and getting ready to retire in 4 months! I played WOW for 14 years and I absolutely loved the game! But then the game was getting stale and then I came over to SWTOR and I absolutely love this game !!! Thank you for your consideration!! I will be in game tomorrow morning around 6am PST since I’m on the West Coast and I work swing shift Edited by Ontuu

• 3 weeks later...

We sound like a perfect match for each other. This is a link to our Guild Advertisement post which points you to how to contact us in game - or you can join our Discord Server where we all interact with each other.

https://sites.google.com/view/recruitingflyer-v02/home

This link is another advertisement which provides more detail.

https://swtorfancommunity.com/guilds...th-satele-shan

We look forward to seeing you in game :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It has been a few months since our guild has communicated through this server forum. This is not because we're inactive! Most of our social activity now takes place on our Discord server. Elders of the Republic and Elders of the Sith have continued to serve as meeting places for older, sensible players who have loved Star Wars since we saw Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the theaters in the 70's. However, we would like to avoid drama (we get quite enough of that at work, thank you).

Our guild will celebrate our fifth anniversary this December. Some of us have been playing together since its inception. We have been running weekly, 16-character training operations every Friday for several years, and have other guild activities scheduled throughout the week or generated ad hoc as players are available.

Our membership includes engineers and scientists, artisans and night-workers, parents and grandparents, middle-aged laborers and the happily retired, and consists of a balanced group of women and men.

If you are a 40+ year-old player interested in a mature, sensible guild, feel free to check us out.

May the force be with/serve you!

... and not only do they do Raiding and PvP and achievement hunting BUT the guild has a COOKING channel... yup, and celebrity chefs from all over the galaxy! ~being an Elder just keeps gettin' better. :D

• 4 weeks later...
We're still at it raiding every Friday Night. The guild keeps expanding and we have three weekly events now. If you're over 40 years old and on the Satele Shan server you should definitely check us out! Edited by D_efcon

• 1 month later...

Look, let's just say it. This is the best guild I've ever been in, full stop.

Cool, interesting, mellow, and yet amazingly competent at the game (honestly I don't know how some of our members know some Operations SO well, it's almost a bit scary!) and patient with folks who come in and out of playing a lot (like me), too.

Above all, a kind group.

It also helps that we have someone who is often the raid leader that has an amazing Radio Voice.

Kal is The Voice Of The Republic, no doubt about it!