Missing Quest Giver on Ord Mantel: Lieutenant Xorem

Nebdar

Hi,

I have an weird bug because i can't see or interact with this quest giver on Ord mantel Lieutenant Xorem.

AS you can see on screenshots:

https://ibb.co/2MS8sRg

https://ibb.co/7W5n2Rh

https://ibb.co/4dVWdsN

other players can see him and interact with him but i can't and it seems on any newly created character (recently i created new 2 vanguard's)

I contacted the CS but with no results

I tried deleting DiskCacheArea

I have exploration missions turned on

I tried checking the files structure through Steam

I tried the the shortcut that reset UI ctrl+U

nothing worked..

any help would be nice

Edit:

Customer Service response:

First of all, I want to thank you for all your patience. We are trying our best to give the best possible solutions to our customers and help them to get the issues resolved as soon as possible.

I can check that you were unable to interact with a Quest giver on Ord mantel.

Being a SWTOR player myself, I know how upsetting it can be to face situations like these. I will look into it to provide more information.

After checking your query with my team, I found that there might be a possibility that you are experiencing an In game bug.

Unfortunately, The missons cannot be started/added by us. This is something that has to be reported to our studio team as In game bugs cannot be fixed from our end here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this bug report. I sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience with this quest. I also appreciate all your dedication and love towards SWTOR.

If in case you face any more bugs in the game, Please submit a bug report about the issue so that our developers can look into it.

To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if this is not the most ideal resolution you were hoping for at the moment,

We are really motivated and are trying our best to provide the best gaming experience possible.

Your understanding and support at this point is much needed and will be much appreciated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we investigated your request.

OwenBrooks solution:

if the quest from Xorem is not taken but the player accepts the class quest for the stronghold, Xorem moves to the new quest hub near the stronghold

this is being looked into to remove the confusion

i asked for clarification where exactly we can find this quest giver...waiting for response

Edited by Nebdar

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one hand, glad to see I'm not the only one with this invisible man.

On the other hand, sad to see so far no proposed solutions.

One option I'm tempted to try; reinstalling.

Why does this idea give me pause?

Thirty, plus, gigabytes.

I can wipe 15 gigs off with my mobile hotspot, after that I can only hope it doesn't drag too bad on the WiFi(sister has an online job).

• 3 weeks later...

This quest giver is missing for me too. The triangle can be seen in Fort Garrik, but the actual questiver is invisible. I can see some other players come seeking for this one while i stand there but also some other player interacting with this invisible quest giver...

There are also some other things that feel odd.. Like i cant seem to find a quest giver that used to be next to some walker on the way to the island which bridgw is broken.. That walker is there and some NPC's too, but no quest.

I heard they moved some things.. Maybe that was a bad move.

Did you find out the answer to this?

I got an answer from CS that is an bug... and it has been repoted..

I got answer on answers.ea

if the quest from Xorem is not taken but the player accepts the class quest for the stronghold, Xorem moves to the new quest hub near the stronghold

this is being looked into to remove the confusion

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks

Thanks OwenBrooks

• 2 weeks later...

edit - Previous advice from support that xorem moved location is incorrect , he remains in his location and does not move

will chase up any updates to what people are seeing or rather not seeing in this instance

the new hub is next to broken walker on the other side of the river where the taxi point for the Seperatist Stronghold is

All present attempts to repro the invisible Xorem have failed to date, will ascertain what info may help narrow this down.

Edited by OwenBrooks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump!

This is still going on. I'm currently rolling a scoundrel and Xorem is still invisible. I just seen a commando run up to where he stands and then the Republic level up symbol popped over the commando's head as he must of turned in the quest to Xorem. I ran a vanguard through here recently and Xorem was invisible for me on that toon as well. Not a game breaking bug or anything, but it does have a codex entry tied to the quest and I'm one of those completionists :D

• 7 months later...

I figured out a work around!!!!!

Today I had this same bug happen to me, I tried using other characters and he was still invisible. I then deleted the cache but had the same issue.

I finally figured I would hang out and beg people to group/share the quest that were taking the quest. This took longer then expected, people didn't reply back or couldn't (free to play?) You will have to join conversation with the player your grouped with to be able to turn in the quest in as well since the npc is still invisible and non interactable even when targeted.

I'm glad I got this done and was able to help you all, I've spent about 4 hours trying to figure this out on forums....even tried looking up the command to interact with target..to no avail. Happy Thanksgiving!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
And the appearance of the NPC was changed without cause. Why?

I can't comment on the appearance change, since i don't remember how the npc looks like. I stopped playing in 2013 and Xorem was already bugged back then.

I would suggest moving Xorem from that place, or creating another NPC with the same quest, until this bug is solved. It may not be an elegant fix, but at least would allow players to get and do the quest.

I can't comment on the appearance change, since i don't remember how the npc looks like. I stopped playing in 2013 and Xorem was already bugged back then.

I would suggest moving Xorem from that place, or creating another NPC with the same quest, until this bug is solved. It may not be an elegant fix, but at least would allow players to get and do the quest.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Xorem

Yesterday i did a quest where the enemy spawned below the ground - or so i thought. I couldn't see it aside from namep plate and health bar, and only Kira was attacking it, aiming low. But then other players passed by, and they attacked the mob. Which made me think that could be the case with Xorem. At least, it would explain the name plate and quest mark, but no Xorem.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Since reinstalling was mentioned in this thread, i went ahead uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled the game. And not only that. I also created a brand new account to test it.

Fresh install, fresh account, and Xorem still not there. This is really annoying...

I've never had a problem talking to Xorem, and I did this mission again just a few days ago, but I wish you would restore his original appearance. I assume it was changed in order to somehow circumvent the bug, but since apparently it's still bugged for some people, there's no reason not to revert it.

• 3 months later...
  • Dev Post

Hi folks,

The bug regarding Lieutenant Xorem on Ord Mantell is still encountered by several players.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

Edited by CommunityTeam

Hi folks,

The bug regarding Lieutenant Xorem on Ord Mantell is still encountered by several players.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you in this thread when I have more information.

Ittl go on the known issues list with hundreds of other things that will never get fixed.

How many months has that known issue list been up there?