NiM Raptus healing challenge

Tried NiM Raptus since the brontes and Raptus patches that fixed them. Brontes is fixed but Raptus' healing challenge is still impossible. I am not sure if they even fixed it.

Not impossible, we did a Dread Master sale run tonight. It is absolutely incorrectly tuned, so the devs need to fix it, but you can pass the healing challenges.

we've done it last night after a few failed tries, I switched from dps spec to healer spec (as a commando) and also we had 2 more dps inside healing challenge to help out. so 2 healers, 2 dps and me heal specced in dps gear(still managed to pull most heals on the npc). the 4th dps just took crystal to be chased by boss during challenges. healer challenge got passed on both times, I was trying to do ~some~ dps how I could. boss enraged at 12%, but it was not hard at all with 3 ppl healing.

but anyway, can't see how the dev's actually expect ppl to do this the "proper" way of using 2 healers so the dps can focus passing the dps challenge. I mean, with a combined effort of 4 ppl doing 15k ehps didn't do the trick. having 5ppl doing more than 18k did.

Is there a bigger penalty for failing the heal-challange twice in Nim? Or is it still beatable? Unfortunatly our raiding team hasn't dps that could respecc for healer for that fight.

Unbeatable if you fail 2 healing challenges. Somewhat doable if you fail 1 dps and 1 heal.

With two failed healing challenges he doesn't even take damage. Si even IF you heal through it, it's pointless.

He does take damage. However, the sustained HPS required to heal through two failed challenges is around 6k per healer, which just isn't sustainable for any class (especially since things like Trauma Probe and Force Armor don't work on the reflect).

Much better to just fail both dps challenges to pass the healing challenge, if you have to fail one of them.

He does take damage. However, the sustained HPS required to heal through two failed challenges is around 6k per healer, which just isn't sustainable for any class (especially since things like Trauma Probe and Force Armor don't work on the reflect).

Are you sure? Iirc from our last try where we failed both challenges and wanted to try and see how far we get, it seemed his hp didn't move an inch.

Are you sure? Iirc from our last try where we failed both challenges and wanted to try and see how far we get, it seemed his hp didn't move an inch.

Unless they changed it post-3.0, yes I'm sure. We tested this pre-3.0, and at the time we assumed that failing both healing challenges would prevent him from taking damage. It wasn't the case at the time though.

Wanted to way in on this.

In my opinion 100% reflect is healable and he does indeed take damage.

But you would need to group up better then even in progress and have at least 1 scoundrel and let him kolto wave you to the win. You can also use the chase phases to recover the raid with hots so the raw hps requirement does decrease.

I think also Dot sages, Watchmen Sentinels and Dot Shadows or Scoundrel DPS wouldnt hurt for the selfhealing part.

We tryed it prenerf to heal through and got a good 10% boss hp after the second challenge failed and then things started to go bad really fast but DPS had to step down from their numbers to leave the healers some breathing room to keep the tanks alive. Now I suspect you have to focus the tanks almost not at all so if the DPS take a little bit care to what they are doing its possible.

Would be a fun challenge =)