Reverse-engineering not working on character reroll

El_Kurgano

I had a trooper armormech that would craft & RE augments, armorings, etc. but then I messed up one of the planet story arcs and had to reroll him - same exact name and everything.

Now that I've started over on his crew skills, I find that I can't RE any of the above mentioned items (i.e. shield augment 5 -> advanced shield augment 5); it says no research is available even though I know for a fact the schematic exists (and yes, it does say crafted by me as I just crafted it seconds before the RE attempt).

Is it possible that the server remembers my last character's RE and won't let this new one do it? If it's something that's client-side, how do I reset that? If it's server-side, am I essentially hosed and relegated to changing professions?

I had a trooper armormech that would craft & RE augments, armorings, etc. but then I messed up one of the planet story arcs and had to reroll him - same exact name and everything.

Now that I've started over on his crew skills, I find that I can't RE any of the above mentioned items (i.e. shield augment 5 -> advanced shield augment 5); it says no research is available even though I know for a fact the schematic exists (and yes, it does say crafted by me as I just crafted it seconds before the RE attempt).

Is it possible that the server remembers my last character's RE and won't let this new one do it? If it's something that's client-side, how do I reset that? If it's server-side, am I essentially hosed and relegated to changing professions?

Most of the RE stuff has been removed, how long ago did you make the original character? Awhile back they got rid of that mechanic and you just learn the higher level schematics directly.

Most of the RE stuff has been removed, how long ago did you make the original character? Awhile back they got rid of that mechanic and you just learn the higher level schematics directly.

I made the original character sometime around the beginning of this first Galactic Season (-ish). I knew they had removed a lot of the much older RE schematics, but if they recently removed the rest of them and made them accessible from crew skill trainers, that would be good.

I opened a CS ticket which was immediately locked, then within about an hour was changed to closed but there was no reply - even my original text was wiped clean - so I'm glad at least someone has the decency to reply :)

I'll check my trainer again and update this if I find out more. Thanks again :)

After two unsuccessful (and entirely disappointing) CS tickets, I was still left without answers to my problem.

I decided to try something else: I unlearned the skill, restarted the client (and my PC), then relearned the skill and now all the armorings and armors can be RE'd normally. The lower-level augments, however, can NOT be RE'd... which nobody told me - not even the CSRs (who didn't even reply to my tickets before closing them).

So I got it to work. Thanks again for your reply, have an awesome day! :)