<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players

SpinForbidden

I've been playing off and on since beta and have been spending a lot of time on Star Forge lately but I'm thinking of starting fresh on Satele Shan. Reading through your thread here, it sounds like just the place I'm looking for and I definitely fall within the demographic and playstyle.

Would you say guild activity is equal on both sides of the fence? I have a preference for the aesthetic and stories of the Empire but I'm no stranger to playing the shining beacon of the Republic.

Edited by ogTandren

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing off and on since beta and have been spending a lot of time on Star Forge lately but I'm thinking of starting fresh on Satele Shan. Reading through your thread here, it sounds like just the place I'm looking for and I definitely fall within the demographic and playstyle.

Would you say guild activity is equal on both sides of the fence? I have a preference for the aesthetic and stories of the Empire but I'm no stranger to playing the shining beacon of the Republic.

Thanks for asking. Sorry about the delayed reply.

We all belong to both factions. I would say 60/40 towards the Republic for actual activity. We have a training operation on Friday and the last Friday of the month is Empire. This year's in-game Halloween party is on the Empire side. Last week's conquest points under the old system was over 8 million for Republic and over 6 million for Empire.

This is a guide we put together for transferring characters from a server.

This is a Recruiting Flyer we put together.

We are no-stress, help each other, mature.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. I just so happened to pop into the server forums and happen to run across this post. I am a 48 yr old pvp dinosaur :). Although I am not interested in pve, I believe I could certainly help the guild, both pub and imp sides, with conquest objectives. I mainly run regs and participate in ranked.

I have not considered joining a guild in years. Too many bad experiences in the past. As I said previously though, sounds interesting, something I might consider. I will think about it for a bit before I look y'all up in game. Just wanted to make you all aware that I might be interested....

PS. Mains on SS - Clandestu (pub) Maullin (imp)

I am interested in joining! I have always been an avid gamer since i can remember. I enjoy many of the sci-fi mmos like Star Citizen, EVE and if anyone can remember Earth and Beyond from awhile ago.......

I'm 42 and like gaming on my customized desktop I built myself. I do tinker with computers (tech geek) from time to time and love all the new hardware but not the pricing. With the right group and schedule I also enjoy guild activities & raid environments. Please consider me if still inviting new members. Thank you

It's a lot of fun in the guild and everyone is easy to get along with. We make conquest pretty easy every week these days and operations and flash point groups every week. Discord and a lot of support from members.

I am a 47-year-old returning player to a dead friend created guild and I am looking for a guild to learn operations and hard content. I have two main characters I play Tynaltha on Imp side and Terlaina on republic side.

Thanks for your interest. We have a Friday night Training Operation where we take players of any ability through an operation to learn the mechanics and tactics. We have Sunday night Master Mode Flashpoints to help sharpen the edge also. I sent you an in game message with this link which will help guide you to getting your characters invited.

https://sites.google.com/view/recruitingflyer-v02/home

Hi Nickodemous & Croixxxx

Sorry for the late reply. I sent Croixxxx a direct message on this website & I sent Clandestu an in-game eMail.

This link is to our Recruiting flyer which also talks about how to get your characters into the guild.

Hello there Kurvah,

I just wanted to give you a shout and let you know that I had received your in-game message. Thank you for the response!! I am still in the process of considering joining a guild. I have not ruled it out but just taking my time with a decision.

I had a couple of questions:

I am a CST player that plays at odd times (weekends being the exception). I am an early to bed early to rise guy so I often play, during the week, in the early morning hrs. Most may not see me during the week....would that be an issue?

I play on both SS and SF (been focusing more on SS though recently) and there are some things I would like to get accomplished with my SF toons. If I am gone for a short period to work on goals on another server, would that be an problem?

Figured I would ask up front and honest about my situation. :)

Edited by Nickodemous

I am a CST player that plays at odd times (weekends being the exception). I am an early to bed early to rise guy so I often play, during the week, in the early morning hrs. Most may not see me during the week....would that be an issue?

I play on both SS and SF (been focusing more on SS though recently) and there are some things I would like to get accomplished with my SF toons. If I am gone for a short period to work on goals on another server, would that be an problem?

Figured I would ask up front and honest about my situation. :)

Sorry for the late reply. Good questions. We once took a straw poll and it seems as if 30% of the respondents were east coast. Everyone else was CST, MST, PST. On Thursday mornings we have a get together with "I work nights" & "the dog wakes me up early" folks. Typically I see at least 2 others on (Republic side) if I log in around 7:30am EST on the Republic side. That would be 6:30 am CST. Earlier than that, I am not sure.

There are several of us who have legacy's on more than one server. Depending upon the time of day, I will play SF for PVP or also working on getting fully to 306 gear so I will get my SF weekly personal conquest goal, etc.

We still have players with a character in the guild which have not played in years - every once in a while someone who has been gone will show up and start playing again. If someone has been gone years and we are getting near our character cap set by the game, we once went through and trimmed long term MIA player characters down to their main. Once a person shows back up, they can get their characters invited again.

It is up to you how much you want to interact with everyone. Most of our interaction comes through our Discord server and that has become quite the social community where you can get better acquainted with the other members - whether you say anything or not. We easily exceed our Guild Conquest goals for "large invasion" so there is no pressure for conquest.

You are welcome to join and if the experience falls short of your expectations, you can leave. "No harm - No Foul".

I also sent a eMail to your in game character with some additional comments.

Edited by Kurvah

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'back to the top'

Basically a fun guild with fun folks... hmmm.... does "mature" sound better than "older"? ummmm... let's just leave it as a really fun guild with players with lots of 'Life Experience' . enjoy your day and be safe. Oh yeh, and Hopin' the Force treats yas well!

:D

Edited by Tigz

• 1 month later...

45 new player, this sounds like the guild for me. Not a lot of experience in mmo's , this is my second one....long long time Eve player (10 plus years)....i iknow , this is way way different. Having a blast with the game so far, but havent found anyone my "age" worth playing with.

Right now I am playing both Republic and Empire, havent chosen a main, just enjoying the story so far.

What would I need to do to join ya'll?

Thanks

45 new player, this sounds like the guild for me. Not a lot of experience in mmo's , this is my second one....long long time Eve player (10 plus years)....i iknow , this is way way different. Having a blast with the game so far, but havent found anyone my "age" worth playing with.

Right now I am playing both Republic and Empire, havent chosen a main, just enjoying the story so far.

What would I need to do to join ya'll?

Thanks

This link is to our Recruiting flyer which also talks about how to get your characters into the guild.

• 1 month later...

Elders of the Republic and Elders of the Sith continue to serve as a meeting place for older, sensible players who have loved Star Wars since we saw Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the theaters in the 70's. However, we would like to avoid drama (we get quite enough of that at work, thank you).

Our guild celebrated our fifth anniversary this past December. Some of us have been playing together since its inception. We have been running weekly, 16-character training operations every Friday for several years, and have other guild activities scheduled throughout the week or generated ad hoc as players are available. Both of our Flagships are fully unlocked and we easily make our Large Yield Conquest goal every week. Our Discord server has become a social center where members are able to not only talk about the game, but other aspects of our lives. If you are a 40+ year-old player interested in a mature, sensible guild, feel free to check us out.

https://swtorfancommunity.com/guilds/elders-of-the-republic-and-elders-of-the-sith-satele-shan

Wondering about how many players you have that are leveling up newer characters? Or is mostly everyone maxed or high level at this point? I'm a long-time game vet that has both, though sometimes it is nice to start a new character to play through the storylines.

Wondering about how many players you have that are leveling up newer characters? Or is mostly everyone maxed or high level at this point? I'm a long-time game vet that has both, though sometimes it is nice to start a new character to play through the storylines.

We have all types of players. Vets, Returning players, New players, Players from other games who want to try SWTOR. I watch the Roster and there are new Low Level characters showing up every week.

It is low risk to join. We have no requirements other than being over 40 and acting mature. You get the guild weekly Conquest reward if you make your personal goal. We have a Friday night (Pacific time) training operation which is very suited for "I don't know anything about ops" to "I can help carry the load" players. Joining our Discord Server allows you to get to know folks, or just be a lone wolf, it is all about what you want to get out of membership.

Cool. And the Pacific time thing is big. It's been quite challenging at times for me to find groups/friends to play with in the western time zones for some reason. I'll likely be checking you guys out a bit in game soon by messaging someone when they're online. Not sure what character I'll be on yet or if I'll make a new one haha.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

<Elders of the Republic> and <Elders of the Sith> continue to serve as a meeting place for older, sensible players who have loved Star Wars since we saw Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia in the theaters in the 70's. However, we would like to avoid drama (we get quite enough of that at work, thank you).

Originally founded Dec 2015 on the west coast server, Harbinger. Some of us have been playing together since its inception. We have been running weekly, 16-character training operations every Friday for several years, and have other guild activities scheduled throughout the week or generated ad hoc as players are available. Both of our Flagships are fully unlocked and we easily make our Large Yield Conquest goal every week. Our Discord server has become a social center where members are able to not only talk about the game, but other aspects of our lives. If you are a 40+ year-old player interested in a mature, sensible guild, feel free to check us out.

https://swtorfancommunity.com/guilds/elders-of-the-republic-and-elders-of-the-sith-satele-shan

Edited by Kurvah

I must say that I am glad I did my research for a guild that is friendly to West Coast people. I found this amazing guild that is welcoming to all sorts of players and they have a lot of patience as well. I felt very welcome when I first joined and still with this guild. So if you 40 or over and looking for a chill and fun guild to be in with no drama Llama then this is the guild to be in.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...