View Single Post

phalczen
05.12.2021 , 07:43 AM | #2
Yeah, I read that article last night, but its very misleading.

Caleb Dume/Kaanan Jarus died before the end of Rebels which occurs before Rogue One. Ezra Bridger, whom I don't recall the article mentioning, disappeared when the Purrgil jumped to hyperspace with him and Thrawn in tow, and he wasn't a Jedi either, he was still Kaanan's padawan.

Ahoska, even during season 7 of clone wars when she comes back to help free Mandalore and capture Maul, is not considered a Jedi. The Council refers to her as citizen and Rex even tries to use her status as justification for the clones not to execute order 66 on her. She even tells Vader, during the fight on Malachor on season 2 of Rebels, that she is "no Jedi." Later, in season 2 of The Mandalorian, when she is talking to Djarin about Grogu, Ahsoka doesn't actually say that she is a Jedi (after all, Djarin and Bo Katan don't really make a distinction between Jedi and light-side Force-sensitives), she just says there are so few left.

And, Grogu wasn't a Jedi either ... he was a youngling, not even a padawan.

It's easy to explain Yoda's statement to Luke in RotJ, "The last of the Jedi, will you be" ... he is merely referring to Luke being the last person to be trained to full Knighthood by a member of the official/original Jedi order. Technically, Yoda says Luke isn't a Jedi [Knight, presumably] until he faces Vader a second time. Now, that's one heckuva Knight trial, to face the second most powerful Sith lord in the galaxy!

To me, this was an article grasping at straws, trying to make a news story about nothing.
If you would like to hear more of my thoughts, consider joining our guilds on Satele Shan, "Shock and Jawa" of the Republic and "Full Metal Jawa" of the Empire. Thank you for reading!