Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on the Legacy of the Sith

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on the Legacy of the Sith
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
12.07.2021 , 10:04 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Project / Game Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kampflerk
12.07.2021 , 11:05 AM | #2
Take you all the time your need to make 7.0, and hopefully after the xpacks after that too, good

Jesseriah
12.07.2021 , 11:06 AM | #3
Really sad, but it was to be expected after all the outcry on the forums I guess. Gonna hate to wait another 2 months for the vendor that sells all the old armors.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Gametime, Chartransfer and more!

Saurat
12.07.2021 , 11:07 AM | #4
glad i moved onto other games...sad that there isn't enough content coming out every year to keep me playing. GSF could've been better, co-op starfighter battles would have been sick but there's silence on that. also silence on the bug of companion's lips not moving when you right click on them beyond knights of the fallen empire expansion, new companions not being really worth using. game is boring, hammer station is played out.

p.s. enjoy your extended holiday.

Dmnqwk
12.07.2021 , 11:08 AM | #5
Cancelling it today, and not yesterday, leaves me unable to politely comment on this.

I just wasted 4 hours farming conquest on 10 characters for the 100k level and now it's worthless, utterly worthless.

Shwarzchild
12.07.2021 , 11:09 AM | #6
Well this is a bummer. But, not all that unexpected. Two months seems like a really really far push back. That's kinda interesting kinda concerning? Either way. Feb it shall be and in Feb I'll be doin swtor stuffs and those swtor stuffs will be fun.
Warstalker Dragonslayer Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>

Cedia
12.07.2021 , 11:09 AM | #7
Thank you very much for the update, and I look forward to reading the FAQ. With so many things in development, I know a lot of us are very confused.

BenKatarn
12.07.2021 , 11:11 AM | #8
Hello Mr. Kenneg,

speaking for myself here, I cannot say that I am surprised. The state of everything on the PTS spoke volumes to me. A lot of things didn't work properly and forcing it to release before the 10th anniversary of the game would have probably complicated things even more. The team likely also had to go through a lot of extra hours to even attempt to get it done by tuesday next week.

That being said, can you perhaps go into some details of the delay, or rather, what the additional time will be used for? Will we see additional polish or perhaps something extra being added to the release, or is it "only" to get the 7.0 you had in mind into a shippable state?

What about the 10th anniversary itself, will it still happen? Will we get an anniversary vendor etc without a new patch being applied?

What about Life Day?

Will this delay perhaps allow the team to find a way to allow existing characters to re-select their first combat style as originally planned?

Will there be anything to perhaps replace the expansion during the holidays, like another double XP period?

Will there be additional periods of PTS testing?
- = = The Katarn Legacy = = -

Akevv
12.07.2021 , 11:14 AM | #9
Holy cow, I don’t even know what to say, except “thank you”. Thank you for not dumping an unfinished patch on us over the holidays, and releasing the same, tired “we’re listening to your feedback” thread in late Jan. It shows that perhaps y’all actually did learn something over the years. Please, please take your time and ensure its working as y’all intended when you do bring it live.

jedimasterjac
12.07.2021 , 11:15 AM | #10
This seems like a pretty significant delay. With the game returning back to the PTS this week, I have to ask:

What exactly are you needing us to test? Is the delay a result of general QA? Specific systems not being ready?

Will we be receiving any updates between now and February 15th, 2022?

What systems are being built upon? Can we expect systems to change significantly, or will things broadly stay the same?

This delay is concerning, but thank you for making that hard decision over releasing the update well before it's ready. I appreciate it, and I'm sure the devs do too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.