New hairstyles! Now I'm happy!

ImmortalLowlife

So I had this randomly pop in my feed on

and holy crap y'all!!! Bantu knots, cornrows, locs... :eek: Somebody went to the Bronner Bros hair show in ATL and took notes! I've been asking for cornrows for like 10yrs now, so Thank you BW! :D

Fwiw, he also covers some of the updated currencies and conquest related changes.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

For those who have the PTS loaded, is there any new stuff for Twi'lek or Togruta as well? (obviously the hair options aren't going to apply to them)

Twi'lek

4 new patterns

2 New Colors (looks like a red/pink or a very dark red on the last one)

Togruta

May have some new jewerly and styles

but there is a purple color for her skin color (I only have one of these so not sure if it was there before)

AMAZINGLY well done imo, I've been NEEDING Afro-centric hairstyles for almost a decade now and the ones we got were few and far between, also being awful. Just annoyed that when we finally get something, a certain subset of SW fans have to show their whole *** :confused:

Either way, hats off to whomever worked on these, I hope other races can get a swarm of additions as well!

AMAZINGLY well done imo, I've been NEEDING Afro-centric hairstyles for almost a decade now and the ones we got were few and far between, also being awful. Just annoyed that when we finally get something, a certain subset of SW fans have to show their whole *** :confused:

Either way, hats off to whomever worked on these, I hope other races can get a swarm of additions as well!

I mean, the frustration is equally shared. If people are being genuinely bigoted - Screw 'em. But a lot of people are just expressing the shared frustration at the painfully slow rollout of customization options. I'd say folk are less P'd off by these hairstyles specifically and more P'd off that they don't have the one they'd like yet.

I mean, the frustration is equally shared. If people are being genuinely bigoted - Screw 'em. But a lot of people are just expressing the shared frustration at the painfully slow rollout of customization options. I'd say folk are less P'd off by these hairstyles specifically and more P'd off that they don't have the one they'd like yet.

I do need my Elsa hairstyle *nod nod*

Much as I loath invoking the name of George Lucas the man was brilliant at mixing different cultural aesthetics for a unique "look" and this game is woefully "euro-Caucasian" centric with the character designs. Even the few "African" and "Asian" head models are stereotypical and uninspired. Here's hoping that things can move forward in a good direction.

So I had this randomly pop in my feed on
and holy crap y'all!!! Bantu knots, cornrows, locs... :eek: Somebody went to the Bronner Bros hair show in ATL and took notes! I've been asking for cornrows for like 10yrs now, so Thank you BW! :D

Fwiw, he also covers some of the updated currencies and conquest related changes.

Just logged off and was going to read a book however, LOGGING IN THE PTS RIGHT NOW TO TRY NEW LOOKS :D CRY PTS is offline :(

Edit

Much as I loath invoking the name of George Lucas the man was brilliant at mixing different cultural aesthetics for a unique "look" and this game is woefully "euro-Caucasian" centric with the character designs. Even the few "African" and "Asian" head models are stereotypical and uninspired. Here's hoping that things can move forward in a good direction.

Agreed /thumbs up.

Edited by Sarova

• 2 weeks later...
Twi'lek

4 new patterns

2 New Colors (looks like a red/pink or a very dark red on the last one)

STILL NO PURPLE?! Come on Bioware...

Edit: Honestly...based on that post, that sounds like 2 colors we already have, so I'm guessing the real answer is NO new colors (yet?). /shrug

Edited by Saregon

Maybe new faces come 20th anniversary? Customization options for this stuff were fairly limited..10 years back. It is truly crazy how little there is, when we consider staring at face of your character as they talk is such a huge part of TOR. Edited by Stradlin

Maybe new faces come 20th anniversary? Customization options for this stuff were fairly limited..10 years back. It is truly crazy how little there is, when we consider staring at face of your character as they talk is such a huge part of TOR.

I'd actually love some new faces, but I'd especially like some unique ones for Cathar and Togruta, they can look really dopey with most of the current face shape options, especially the male options.