Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
09.15.2021 , 10:08 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
With PTS now live, you can help test the Combat Style for the Sorcerer.

Please answer the following questions:
  • Does the current combat rotation make this experience feel like you are playing an Sorcerer? Why or why not?
  • If you have feedback on the different discipline, please note your feedback accordingly so we can track it.
Feel free to answer in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

LordCamTheGreat
09.15.2021 , 01:54 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
  • Does the current combat rotation make this experience feel like you are playing an Assassin? Why or why not?
Slight typo, don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and posting in the wrong place
I made a website containing notes about combat styles and ABC choices for reference while testing the PTS
Jack of all classes, master of some. Always remember that cake is a lie.

Baletraeger
09.15.2021 , 02:25 PM | #3
Madness

Level 15
- Death Brand! I'm not sure that the 5% increase makes this worth it, but a really cool idea for a morph to Death Field

Level 20
- Why is Cloud Mind optional? Once again there is so much ambiguity to what you are doing with threat in 7.0, for threat reduction abilities to be missing, optional, etc, is very confusing to me that something I would expect to be a standard ability on all classes.
- Finish them is a pretty cool morph to speed up rotations and add more burstiness to madness

Choices for levels 30,35,50,60 are all fine, there doesn't appear to be anything that really stands out as impossible to me.

Level 70
- Extricate and Force Barrier choice, oof that's rough as well. I would rather see Force Barrier moved into the choices for level 50 and move Sith Defiance up to 70.

Overall again playability seems fine to me, I don't feel like you've broken the spec, but there are some choices that I think are unnecessary given the large number of 'utility' passives in the mid levels. It feels like you are forcing experienced players to make difficult and uncomfortable choices about their build, where I'd think you want us to be excited to choose from the different options at each level milestone.
Troomis | Star Forge | Twitter

sGroggy
09.15.2021 , 03:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Baletraeger View Post
Madness
Level 70
- Extricate and Force Barrier choice, oof that's rough as well. I would rather see Force Barrier moved into the choices for level 50 and move Sith Defiance up to 70.
Agreed. If it remains as-is: bye bye Huttball fun.

timovdt
09.15.2021 , 03:05 PM | #5
bye bye pvp sorcs XD all our defensives removed yet mara can keep all theres lmao

AdjeYo
09.15.2021 , 03:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by timovdt View Post
bye bye pvp sorcs XD all our defensives removed yet mara can keep all theres lmao
Were you sleeping when they brought Sents to PTS? They have to pick between Camo, Undying Rage and Blade Blitz. Also Obfuscation (and it's related 75% force/tech resist utility) are completely gone as well. Marauders are definitely not keeping all their defensives, they're losing a bunch of them.

The-Kaitou-Kid
09.15.2021 , 03:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Were you sleeping when they brought Sents to PTS? They have to pick between Camo, Undying Rage and Blade Blitz. Also Obfuscation (and it's related 75% force/tech resist utility) are completely gone as well. Marauders are definitely not keeping all their defensives, they're losing a bunch of them.
They're also still the only class without any kind of access to a hardstun. Still haven't gotten an explanation on that one.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

FlameYOL
09.15.2021 , 04:18 PM | #8
Here is the textwall with my thoughts on madness sith sorcerer
Spoiler
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

timovdt
09.15.2021 , 04:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
i don't think you get the meaning of what im trying to say

1 even if mara would lose All of the staded skills they would still be in a better spot then sage/sorc is atm
2 this also like snipers losing there oribital this prolly sorcs most iconic ability aside from TB, force lightning (maybe mini bubble)
3 imagine having to pick at 70 between Undiying Rage , Saber Ward , Cloak of pain, or Leap
its obvious you would take the first pick but its still absolutly awfull to have to make the choice keep in mind we are also losing our ONLY other defensive in cloud mind unless we take it
our selfhealing is the worst out of the ofhealers
and we have not left the bottom 4 for dps classes for years for lightning , while maddness recently went below lighting while bioware claimed this was because we had to mutch utility yet after this what uitily is even left ?
nor do people think about the fact that we (maybe pt's) need our setbonus and tactical the second most out of all the classes after merc if we get replacements that are even a few % worse or less flexible we will fall so low we will go below arsenal/gunnery that without apex Cannot be played in nim
considering the sheer stupitidy of the skills chosen i do not think BW is capable of making sets that improve out situation

ps
'we are also the second easiest class to kill already and certain comps can ToD us if they do it correct'

responsiblet
09.15.2021 , 05:07 PM | #10
Does the current combat rotation make this experience feel like you are playing an Sorcerer? Why or why not?
No. If mind maze is gone, i am going with it. Tell you why, Gree. I solo ten years. I have two guild ships on both factions SOLOED. My pub side guild is level 5 or 7 soloed.

I can't solo the PVP GREE in the south of Ilum properly without my rotation . I CAN CURRENTLY SUCCESSFULLY DO THIS CONTENT SOLO. I CAN CC GROUP OF 3 OR MORE WITH THIS ROTATION. I HAVE HONED IT TEN YEARS AND ABOUT TO POP LEGENDARY REP. DO NOT TAKE THIS AWAY. I AVOID PEOPLE AND GROUPS FOR A REASON. that is probably clearly evident here by now.

I cc them with mind maze, (first enemy), then i DECLOAK, then i get hit by second enemy, then i COMBAT CLOAK,
then i mind maze him, by then either 1) first enemy is aggro'ed and i used second COMBAT CLOAK with proper RELIC FOR THAT. or 2) I can CC with force lift I CAN LOSE THAT ABILITY NO ONE CARES. but i need my mind maze if you take away that force lift.

DO NOT UNDER A N Y CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE AWAY SPIN KICK. I start my whole rotation with that to CC enemy 0 in the first place who was CLOAKED. GET IT?

there you go.

FOUNDER, TESTER, ON SWTOR.
FOUNDER, TESTER, DEVELOPER ON MY OWN GAMES.