Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Scaling Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
09.15.2021 , 09:55 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
With game scaling now available, we would like to compile feedback based off of your experience with the Combat Styles currently available.

Please answer the following questions:
  • How does this experience compare to live?
  • Do you feel too strong or too weak? Please explain why.
  • Do you notice anything off with your stats?

Please keep in mind the following:
  • Game scaling is available only for planets, daily areas, story mode Flashpoints, and chapters.
  • Game scaling is NOT available for old operations (Ops outside of 7.0), or Veteran and Master modes in Flashpoints
When providing feedback, please let us know what Combat Style you've chosen, and describe your experience in as much detail as possible to help us understand your thought process and line of thinking.

Thank you!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

mike_carton
09.15.2021 , 02:53 PM | #2
Where can I find a post from BW detailing the scaling changes?
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

mike_carton
09.15.2021 , 04:14 PM | #3
I copied a level 75, geared up Sorcerer to PTS. Got the character to level 80, bought the 328 gear.

1. I went to Korriban. My character was level 80 and the K'lor'slugs were level 1. Results were predictable.

2. I went to Belsavis. My character was level 80 and the Primal Destroyer got destroyed in 15 seconds; I didn't even have a companion on.

3. Went to Onderon. My character was level 80 and the mobs were level 75. No excitement to be had there either.

I'm not sure what scaling is happening. So, I'll refrain from providing feedback at this time.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

casirabit
09.15.2021 , 04:20 PM | #4
Last time I was on, the scaling didn't seem to be working on the PTS especially in the planet or daily areas.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Char_Ell
09.15.2021 , 05:08 PM | #5
What does "game scaling" mean? Is this the system where a level 75 character (or level 80 as the case may be) is down leveled to the max level allowed by the map area? For example the level 75 character travels to Ilum and its stats reduced to level 50. Or is this something else altogether?
Quote:
"RP'ing is super important, right? As a Star Wars game, people being able to immerse themselves in that world is very, very important. But having an instance or a server type dedicated to that doesn't necessarily like enforce a ruleset of you having to RP there. So what we felt was more important was making sure that we can build toolsets for RP'ers, things like being able to make your own chat channels and work within those chat channels and things like that. So know that it's very important to us that RP'ers have the tools they need to roleplay but we didn't feel that actually separating an instance type just for it was necessarily the right solution. So you're not at all forgotten. We definitely want to make sure that RP'ers are accounted for in those changes that we made."
Eric Musco, 2016 April 5 SWTOR Producer Livestream
https://www.twitch.tv/swtor/v/58826060 - time reference 13:22 - 13:57

FlameYOL
09.15.2021 , 05:51 PM | #6
I can't seem to get the scaling to work, tried out on multiple planets but I was still level 80.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

ZeridanShear
09.15.2021 , 05:56 PM | #7
Can confirm. Game scaling is not working anywhere EXCEPT in story Flashpoints. I tested daily areas, most planets, Story chapters and it's not working.

However, Story Boarding Party and Foundry both game scaled me down to 32ish.

LadyAdmiral
09.15.2021 , 06:31 PM | #8
Tried Korriban on a Level 80 with no gear, smashes stuff into the ground in one hit.

Tried Corellia with no gear on level 80, went to heroic area, don't think I was scaled down there earlier.
~ Swtorista

Elssha
09.15.2021 , 10:29 PM | #9
Oricon scaling didn't work either, was 80, didn't need more than 2 hits in tank spec (was trying to test the DV bounce Q_Q).

CeciliaW
09.16.2021 , 01:35 AM | #10
Scaling does not seem to be working in vet mode flashpoints either. Haven't tried a story of MM flashpoint yet.