Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons - Season 2 Updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Galactic Seasons - Season 2 Updates
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DavidStaats
08.19.2021 , 09:11 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all!

I wanted to take an opportunity to sit down with you and chat about some of the systemic changes we are moving toward with Galactic Seasons: Season 2.

You have all provided a ton of great feedback, both from our original PTS but also throughout this first Season. That feedback has helped us continue to shape and refine how Galactic Seasons looks and feels, and we would like to share that with you here before the next Season begins with the launch of “Legacy of the Sith”. Let’s dive in!

Moving Priority Objectives Into Their Own Tab
With Season 2, we will be moving the Priority Objectives out of the greater Conquest Objectives list and putting them into their own tab within the Conquest Window. This was one of the largest points of feedback provided throughout the original Galactic Seasons PTS, and we are excited to get that adjustment in for Season 2.

When opening the Conquest window you will see two tabs--one for Conquest Objectives, and a second for Priority Objectives. By clicking on the Priority Objectives window, players will be able to see the list of Priority Objectives they have available to them, which/how many they have completed, and which/how many they still have available to complete.

Changes to Priority Objectives
Daily Emphasis is shifting to Weekly Emphasis
With Season 1 there was a strong emphasis on Daily participation. This is evident in both the feel of the Season as well as our Season 1 point allocation, as shown below:

Percent of Total Galactic Season Points - Season 1:
  • Login: 11% (Sub) / 8% (Free/Pref)
  • Weekly: 32% (Sub) / 33% (Free/Pref)
  • Daily: 57% (Sub) / 58% (Free/Pref)

For Season 2, we are flipping this around to instead focus on a week-to-week emphasis. As such, Season 2 will change from 2 Dailies and 2 Weeklies to 1 Daily and 10 Weeklies. Looking back at the Percent of Total Galactic Season Points allocation for Season 2, this is where it ends up:

Percent of Total Galactic Season Point - Season 2
  • Login: 9% (Sub) / 5% (Free/Pref)
  • Weekly: 74% (Sub) / 76% (Free/Pref)
  • Daily: 16% (Sub) / 19% (Free/Pref)

Our goals with this philosophy change is to:
  • Ease the stress of daily participation and the feeling of missing out if you simply cannot log in for that specific day, or series of days.
  • More closely align with the Login Reward philosophy of “at your own pace”.
  • Provide all players more time to plan their Galactic Seasons week; both for themselves and their friends.

Priority Objectives are no longer randomized
By moving off the day-to-day and into the week-to-week philosophy for Galactic Seasons, we are also removing the randomized granting of Priority Objectives. All players will be given the same 10 Weekly Priority Objectives for the week, which will change from week to week. We hope this provides a clearer map for players to plan out their week; when they want to attack each PO, and how (with or without friends).

Choose any 7 Weekly structure
To give a larger net of flexibility in Priority Objective options, players will only need to complete 7 out of the 10 Weekly Priority Objectives. Once a player has completed their chosen 7 Weekly Priority Objectives, the other 3 will then become locked out for the remainder of the week. We want to provide players a way to earn as many Galactic Season Points as possible each week, while being able to participate in Objectives they find the most appealing.

Daily Priority Objective is simply to earn Conquest
As mentioned above, there will only be 1 Daily Priority Objective which will simply consist of “Earn Personal Conquest Experience”. Our goal is to give players the flexibility to continue playing Star Wars: The Old Republic however they wish on a day-to-day basis, while still making progress in the Season.

In a later post, we will go into a few more details as to what the Season 2 Priority Objectives may look like. In the meantime, we would love to hear your initial thoughts on the proposed changes coming to Season 2 before we move into broader testing in a later PTS phase.

Thanks again for your continued feedback!

EDIT: Link to follow up post.

David Staats | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darthjantom
08.19.2021 , 09:35 AM | #2
This sounds pretty good, and quite a big improvement over season 1.
One of the most annoying things about season 1 was that daily/weekly objectives often did not align with what friends/guild mates had. Allowing people to pick what they wish to complete from the whole pool of objectives shared by everyone that week allows people to actually do these together. It will also fix people who don't do pvp getting stuck with GSF/PVP weeklies/dailies.

I will be looking forward to see what the season 2 objectives will be like.

nyla_ryn
08.19.2021 , 10:03 AM | #3
to be honest, i like the dailies more ... i like having the option per day as to what i do for dailies , aka being able to refresh them per day ... currently the weeklies can only be refreshed 1x per week (big downside)

mike_carton
08.19.2021 , 10:12 AM | #4
So, obviously the whole story is about what the weekly objectives will be. Because everything else - especially the so-called Daily Objective - is now trivial. (*) So, naturally, there's nothing in the post at all about the Weekly Objectives.

(*) Log in once a day, defeat a random mob for 10 Conquest Points, and you've done the Daily Objective on that server.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

FlameYOL
08.19.2021 , 10:12 AM | #5
Sounds promising, the switching of focus from dailies to weeklies are gonna be helpful for people who can't log-in everyday (or who don't want to do seasons every day) and potentially help people like me who grinded every objective since it'll probably give me more points allowing me to complete the season faster, though I can't give a final verdict until we know how objectives are going to work. Otherwise this could potentially be grindier. Are we going to be testing Seasons in the PTS again?
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Goreshaga
08.19.2021 , 10:37 AM | #6
Wainting to see what the new POs will look like before making a definitive judgement, but that seems promising.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Nebdar
08.19.2021 , 10:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post

Percent of Total Galactic Season Points - Season 1:
  • Login: 11% (Sub) / 8% (Free/Pref)
  • Weekly: 32% (Sub) / 33% (Free/Pref)
  • Daily: 57% (Sub) / 58% (Free/Pref)
  • Login: 88(11%) (Sub) / 64(8%) (Free/Pref) 11 weeks to full completion(sub)?
  • Weekly: 256(32%) (Sub) / 264(33%) (Free/Pref) 10,6 weeks?
  • Daily: 456(57%) (Sub) / 472(58%) (Free/Pref)10,87 weeks
* PLEASE NOTE THAT % DOESN'T ALWAYS ADD TO 100% :d
Are the above data i based on in-game gathered data?
Because it look like you did the simple math that everyone will be doing everything everyday till 11 week?

Percent of Total Galactic Season Point - Season 2
  • Login: 9% (Sub) / 5% (Free/Pref)
  • Weekly: 74% (Sub) / 76% (Free/Pref)
  • Daily: 16% (Sub) / 19% (Free/Pref)
  • Login: 72(9%) (Sub) / 40(5%) (Free/Pref) 9 WEEKS
  • Weekly: 592(74%) (Sub) / 608(76%) (Free/Pref) 7 WEEKS
  • Daily: 128(16%) (Sub) / 152(19%) (Free/Pref) 6 WEEKS

The math doesn't add up.... so.. Can we do the GS faster or
hmm are you going to change number of points for Login, Daily and Weekly?

Season 2 will change from 2 Dailies and 2 Weeklies to 1 Daily and 10 Weeklies.

So you take 7 dailies a week and give us 8( more accurately 5 more ) Weeklies 'to do'

But weeklies require mostly to do 3 times more then dailies sooo.

So you take 7 but give 5*3= 15 more...8 more 'dailies' to do weekly

Could you reaveal your math?

Regard,
Peter
Processing...

casirabit
08.19.2021 , 10:49 AM | #8
Sounds okay but it will depend on what the weeklies are. If it is pvp/gsf or operations then nope but it you add in the dailies like black hole etc then that will be good as those are the ones I do each week.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

ceryxp
08.19.2021 , 10:59 AM | #9
This all sounds good. I do like the idea of having greater focus on weeklies and having everyone getting all the same weeklies. Although this season did prompt me to try GSF again it will be nice to not have situations where the only options, after a reroll, are GSF and PVP (GSF on DM when you are in the States can be very frustrating). Of course, the next big question is the point structure. Assuming that everything stays the same then one could complete the entire season in 7.1weeks, 3.9 weeks sooner than this season.

7.1 ( 8 + 12(7) + 3(7) ) = 802 points

I am guessing that either point values will be changed, the length of the season will be shortened, the max level will be increased, or some combination thereof. Or maybe everything will stay the same, which would be quite interesting.

I am looking forward to the next post-season debrief.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Just your average opinionated, disabled, queer gaymer.

xordevoreaux
08.19.2021 , 11:17 AM | #10
Means for any given week, game-wide, everyone is chasing down the same 10 weekly objectives rather than distributing people across objectives.

Fast traveling to the heroic kiosk on Taris, we'll all see a sign that reads: Queue forms behind this line
At least while chasing down insects on Tatooine there was some solace that there were only 15 people there, not 50.

New galactic seasons skill: Not only flipping maps to avoid the crowd but bouncing back and forth between objectives to less-populated areas.

Guess we'll just have to see how it plays out.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.