Some notes from the LotS Announcement Livestream

FumblesPhD

I rewatched the livestream announcement and here are some notes I compiled of what was said. I apologize for the poor formatting as it does not translate well into a forum post .

10th Anniversary

• more content
  • more modern look feel
  • what you play
  • how you play it
  • more accessibility
  • higher fidelity
  • major improvements to the overall user experience

Legacy of the Sith

• Combat Styles
  • Change of Name from Advance Class Disciplines
  • Allows choice of weapons in playstyle
  • Separating Class Story choice from gameplay for greater customization
  • Expanding current Advanced Class availability
  • Now you want to be a trooper with two pistols? Well you can do that. You pick Gunslinger or Mercenary combat style from the available tech combat styles.
  • The way you play will still largely play the way the discipline does today
  • New gameplay elements, changing/tweaking abilities…
  • Force classes will have Dark / Light requirements to access their counterparts
  • We'll support the ability to switch between presets quickly - LOADOUTS
  • Loadouts assign a variety of options to a single pre-set click
  • Gear
  • Abilities & Utilities
  • Outfitter profiles
  • …and more!
  • Switch much more easily than you can today
  • Class balance changes
  • Improving how you play
  • Improving how you get into it if you're new
  • Improving how you play if you're a vet
  • Improved Player Experience
  • Modernizing How You Play
  • New look and feel for the user interface
  • LotS will launch with updated windows such as character sheet and more
  • Additional windows will release throughout the 10th anniversary celebration
  • Updated Character Create
  • New visuals and flow based on Combat styles
  • Content leveling and endgame - What does that mean?
  • As the game is now it is a complex thing to keep different end game content leveled at different places (downscaling to 70… content at 75…)
  • we want to have as much content relevant as possible especially group content
  • going to adjust how they do content leveling going forward especially for end game players
  • Intent to keep most group content relative to you at max level (80)

Year Long Celebration 2022

• Continuing updating UI
  • Tech Modernization - good stuff under the hood. "We are not saying new enging". Cool modernization and visual fidelity stuff they are working on. Ten year old game and at no point do they want you to feel like you're playing one.
  • PvP Revamp
  • Visual Improvements - going back over the game and polishing some areas.
  • (Note that it looks like they brought in the Lead Cinematic Dev back into the project in the pre-show and she mentions going back over some of her earlier work.)
  • More story
  • New Flashpoint
  • Master Mode R-4
  • New Locations
  • Galactic Season 3
  • and more

10th Anniversary

• more modern look and feel
  • higher fidelity

Year Long Celebration 2022

• Tech Modernization - good stuff under the hood. "We are not saying new enging". Cool modernization and visual fidelity stuff they are working on. Ten year old game and at no point do they want you to feel like you're playing one.
  • Visual Improvements - going back over the game and polishing some areas.
  • (Note that it looks like they brought in the Lead Cinematic Dev back into the project in the pre-show and she mentions going back over some of her earlier work.)

I also noted that on 07/19 they have scheduled a Dev Team Feature - Ashley Ruhl and SWTOR Cinematics.

Given those pieces I am beginning to feel more and more like we are seeing a refresh of the games older content - namely class stories and perhaps all or most cinematics. Perhaps this includes an update to show our combat style weapons in the cutscenes instead of the default class weapons? I am eager to hear more this coming Monday.

I'm feeling something different but I don't want to bring you down so I won't get into it here. Just brace yourself in case they under-deliver a little vs the hype.

By all means, please elaborate. I am curious to hear your thoughts. My feelings have no bearing on the discussion.