Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to access the Jedi Knight on PTS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
How to access the Jedi Knight on PTS
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
07.08.2021 , 09:33 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Ready to dive into PTS? Here are the steps you need to follow in order to try out the Jedi Guardian and Sentinel.
  • Create a NEW Jedi Guardian/Sentinel. You will spawn in during the first scene of the Jedi Knight. You can safely escape out of this cutscene.
  • All PTS characters have been deleted in order to ensure 7.0 compatibility, so character transfer is off for this phase. Character copy (from live servers) will not be available until later phases of testing.
  • Your new Jedi Guardian/Sentinel will begin on Tython. Head towards the first taxi area and you’ll see a “PTS Droid” waiting to teleport you to the Republic Fleet. Do not take the taxi. Look to the right and you will see a droid named PTS Fleet Teleport (-547, -1254 coordinates)
  • This will take you to Tython and Ord Mantell Departures Area. Leave this area into the main level of the fleet.
  • Hook a right into the Combat Training area of the fleet into the northern most room where the Jedi Knight trainer is.
  • Once there, start by speaking to the [PTS] CD-3 Combat Specializer Droid (-4889, -4628). It will help guide you towards your Discipline selection. The droid will also boost you to level 75 and grant credits.
    • Choose your Discipline
    • Choose an ability path
    • KNOWN ISSUE: Sometimes the first time you do this it doesn’t populate your bar entirely (but the abilities are still in the Abilities window). Either drag them manually or have the conversation again with the NPC and it’ll work properly subsequent times.
  • For this PTS phase, you will only be able to choose static builds we have chosen for you. Future phases will allow you to more freely choose various abilities and passives as you level.
  • Gear up using the nearby PTS vendors, then speak with the Onderon Dreams travel agent droid to head over to Onderon, if you want to test out some level 75 world content with your new build! The dailies terminal in Iziz will have a special quest on it that grants access to the daily missions, a free mount, and a companion.
  • Because you may not have a personal ship, there’s a droid next to the Onderon dailies terminal that will teleport you back to the fleet.
  • Lastly, speak to the Onderon Dreams: Travel Agent Droid which will teleport you to Onderon.
  • Head out to the Onderon Mission Terminal (706, -281) to pick up various Daily and Weekly Missions to playtest the updated Jedi Guardian/Sentinel!
  • Reminder to summon a companion 😊
  • If you wish to test out a different Discipline, simply head back, speak to the [PTS] CD-3 Combat Specializer Droid, and reselect any available options.
Please let us know if you experience any issues.

What we would like you to test out:
  • Check out the new ability paths across all disciplines and variations. Remember that the full version will allow you to make your own choices, but in this phase we’re just testing out some specific layouts of abilities.
  • Head to Onderon and play some dailies to see how the new rotations feel!

At this time, we would love to read feedback from your experience. Your feedback will help us determine if we are on the correct path to achieving our goals of making the class feel less encumbered and customization more concise.

Please leave your Jedi Guardian feedback here
Please leave your Jedi Sentinel feedback here

Thank you!

EDIT: Included more details steps on how to access PTS as well as coordinates for droids.
EDIT 2: Modified to include Sentinel messaging.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

mike_carton
07.09.2021 , 12:54 PM | #2
You guys had to go and pick Onderon dailies?! Did your metrics tell you people love them?
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

Aries_cz
07.09.2021 , 01:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
You guys had to go and pick Onderon dailies?! Did your metrics tell you people love them?
Not many other L75 daily zones.
Supreme Commander of all riots yet to come
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

SteveTheCynic
07.09.2021 , 02:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Not many other L75 daily zones.
Exactly one, actually. Mek-Sha.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

casirabit
07.09.2021 , 03:01 PM | #5
You can travel to any other area you wish. I decided to go do one of the KOTEF chapters and was able to do that. You are not stuck on Onderon to test.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Kondrad-Hyland
07.09.2021 , 03:41 PM | #6
people are avoiding the droid and going to the gnarls and they complain nothing is working for them they should put up signs so they know where to go

mike_carton
07.09.2021 , 04:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
You can travel to any other area you wish. I decided to go do one of the KOTEF chapters and was able to do that. You are not stuck on Onderon to test.
Thanks. I went to Odessen, SoV as well.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

casirabit
07.09.2021 , 05:22 PM | #8
Thanks. I went to Odessen, SoV as well.
You are welcome.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

captainbladejk
07.09.2021 , 07:29 PM | #9
If you want a better quality of test, you should allow people to purchase what mods they want and throw those in their gear at 306. Does not need to be such a low level rating starting out.

Baelfirias
07.10.2021 , 08:14 AM | #10
I don't see the PTS droid anywhere. only droids i see are the med droid and the taxi droid. Where is the blasted thing?