Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Guardian on the PTS!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
07.08.2021 , 08:54 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

Welcome to our first phase of PTS featuring the Jedi Guardian Combat Style. In case you missed it, we go through a bit of the philosophy behind the updates we’re making to Combat Styles in this article.

There are two main goals we are aiming to achieve: Streamlining ability sets in order to enable more player choice and maintaining the unique identity of the class. We know players will be thinking about the reduced quantity of abilities and what that looks like, so here is an in-depth look into how the Jedi Guardian Combat Style is impacted by player choices.

Spoiler

This is where PTS comes in. As we announced on our livestream last week, what is available now on PTS is a first look into the upcoming changes of this class. We want to give you all first impressions into what customization will look like, but please keep in mind the following to set expectations for this round of PTS:
  • This is super high level and not a deep dive (that will come later!).
  • All three Disciplines will be available; however flexibility in ability choices will be heavily restricted for this first phase of testing.
  • Each Discipline has two ability paths available and you can select one of the two options to get a taste for different playstyles
  • Your character will be capped at level 75
There is a lot of info to read and process, so please take your time in familiarizing yourself with all the data provided and let us know your thoughts!

For Steam players, there will be a new prompt on our storefront page when PTS is available. Clicking the link there will start the process to getting the PTS installed!

For details on how to access PTS, please go here.
Jedi Guardian feedback can be provided here.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JackieKo
07.09.2021 , 11:21 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone, PTS is now live. Please read all the stickied threads for all of the info surrounding this phase of PTS.

Thank you!

Nether_Pantera
07.09.2021 , 11:37 AM | #3
Hello, how can i make copy-transfer of my current characters in my account to PTS server? I see only NA, not Europe servers for PTS?
Some songs just have a mind of their own. (Richard Z.K.)

JackieKo
07.09.2021 , 11:44 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Nether_Pantera View Post
Hello, how can i make copy-transfer of my current characters in my account to PTS server? I see only NA, not Europe servers for PTS?
Hello Nether_Pantera,

Please read this thread on how to access this phase of PTS. Additionally, PTS is only available for the NA servers.

HamadKyron
07.09.2021 , 12:18 PM | #5
I'm sorry, am I reading this right? Defense Guardians are supposed to choose ONE ability between Saber Reflect, Blade Blitz, and Enure? 3 of our pretty important DCDs? That's actually ridiculous if I'm reading this correctly.

jaingskiratanuul
07.09.2021 , 12:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HamadKyron View Post
I'm sorry, am I reading this right? Defense Guardians are supposed to choose ONE ability between Saber Reflect, Blade Blitz, and Enure? 3 of our pretty important DCDs? That's actually ridiculous if I'm reading this correctly.
I bet this dumbing down will be across classes so while it is bad, it may still be balanced. however, please change this, we aren't playing a mobile game we don't need this dumbed down.

casirabit
07.09.2021 , 12:21 PM | #7
his round of PTS is a high-level first look at the Jedi Guardian, so it’s not a super deep dive, and there is a limitation on what will be available to play and customize at this time. While you will be able to see the full scope of customization of the Jedi Guardian in a later PTS, you will only be offered default choices for this initial phase.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210708

So from my understanding this is only for this test. Later on it could be later. They seem to be slowly testing the changes which is probably the best idea.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

HamadKyron
07.09.2021 , 12:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
his round of PTS is a high-level first look at the Jedi Guardian, so it’s not a super deep dive, and there is a limitation on what will be available to play and customize at this time. While you will be able to see the full scope of customization of the Jedi Guardian in a later PTS, you will only be offered default choices for this initial phase.

https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210708

So from my understanding this is only for this test. Later on it could be later. They seem to be slowly testing the changes which is probably the best idea.
Well, yes but I'm specifically looking at this
~Level 70 - Choose one Ability

[B] Saber Reflect
[A] Blade Blitz
Enure

That seems to indicate that even when we get our own choice, we're losing 2 really important tanking abilities.

ZeridanShear
07.09.2021 , 12:25 PM | #9
A few folks are on PTS, but we don't see the droid anywhere?

JCDenton
07.09.2021 , 12:41 PM | #10
Well, yes but I'm specifically looking at this
~Level 70 - Choose one Ability

[B] Saber Reflect
[A] Blade Blitz
Enure

That seems to indicate that even when we get our own choice, we're losing 2 really important tanking abilities.
I can't yet see the PTS on Steam to check these changes myself, but as you describe them, I think this is already a bad idea. I'll never understand the constant drive towards over simplification and mindlessness in gaming - it never works, it never produces a better or more engaging product, but it just keeps happening, for decades. Was there a real person who was just becoming overwhelmed by having access to saber reflect and enure, at the same time? It feels more like somebody's imagination.