Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Theron showing up in new story if you killed him

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Theron showing up in new story if you killed him
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pricia
06.29.2021 , 04:33 PM | #1
Yeah... you might want to fix that.

OldVengeance
06.29.2021 , 05:37 PM | #2
Yeah, I experienced the same, even though I banished him.

CommunityTeam
06.30.2021 , 03:29 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting Theron Shan's bug. Seems like he doesn't want to be forgotten.

Our team is aware of this bug and is currently looking into it.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nmyownworld
06.30.2021 , 12:46 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Thanks for reporting Theron Shan's bug. Seems like he doesn't want to be forgotten.
So true.

Today I did the Iokath daily, "Powering Up the Weapons Factory." I started the mission with Influence 50 Nadia as my active companion, and ended it with Influence 1 Theron. I clicked the clickie, became a larcenous floating obelisk droid, became my character again, fought the angry standard droids, then fought the angry silver droids. I saw Theron after the fight, and figured he was with another player. Then I noticed Theron was tossing heals on my character. So I thought maybe another player joined in my combat. Then I noticed my active companion was now Theron, not Nadia.

I was on a level 75 Shadow I skipped all of KotFE+ on, going straight to Ossus then Onslaught. I'd never had Theron as the active companion on that Shadow. Ya'll need to give Theron something to do other than popping up unexpectedly.

Kass
07.19.2021 , 10:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
So true.

Today I did the Iokath daily, "Powering Up the Weapons Factory." I started the mission with Influence 50 Nadia as my active companion, and ended it with Influence 1 Theron. I clicked the clickie, became a larcenous floating obelisk droid, became my character again, fought the angry standard droids, then fought the angry silver droids. I saw Theron after the fight, and figured he was with another player. Then I noticed Theron was tossing heals on my character. So I thought maybe another player joined in my combat. Then I noticed my active companion was now Theron, not Nadia.

I was on a level 75 Shadow I skipped all of KotFE+ on, going straight to Ossus then Onslaught. I'd never had Theron as the active companion on that Shadow. Ya'll need to give Theron something to do other than popping up unexpectedly.
Just literally Kill him from the SWTOR Story Bioware - then problem solved.

He literally holds zero value. I don't think I've once seen him following anyone around Vaiken Spacedock as a active companion.

But I'm biased and despise the character.
Kass'yan
KTD - Republic Commando - "We're coming... and we're bringing Guns..."
"All Mods have been alerted to your presence, sir!" *
S0-B1 aw350m3n355 @ b31ng a Tr011 ha5 b33n c0mpr0m15ed. Mu5t f1nd 3as13r markz

Goreshaga
07.20.2021 , 03:12 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kass View Post

He literally holds zero value. I don't think I've once seen him following anyone around Vaiken Spacedock as a active companion.

Hm, how about NO ?

You don't like him ?
You already have the option to kill / exile him in YOUR game, and it's fairly obvious he'll probably have another option to leave on his own for DS imp siding characters at some point, there's no need to force your choice on people who actually like him and want to keep him around in THEIR game.

He may hold no value for you, but he does for others, visibly for enough people that his default state when skipping the Zildrog arc is that he's alive and still part of the Alliance, no matter if the character is imp or pub, LS or DS.

But if you want to force your choices in other poeple's game, i guess you'll pay their sub as well, right ?
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Kass
07.20.2021 , 10:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Hm, how about NO ?

You don't like him ?
You already have the option to kill / exile him in YOUR game, and it's fairly obvious he'll probably have another option to leave on his own for DS imp siding characters at some point, there's no need to force your choice on people who actually like him and want to keep him around in THEIR game.

He may hold no value for you, but he does for others, visibly for enough people that his default state when skipping the Zildrog arc is that he's alive and still part of the Alliance, no matter if the character is imp or pub, LS or DS.

But if you want to force your choices in other poeple's game, i guess you'll pay their sub as well, right ?
If Vette can die and not show up again, its not hard to expect the same for that cockroach Shan.

And sure I'm happy to pay for everyone - Free-to-Play for Everyone on Me!
Kass'yan

Goreshaga
07.20.2021 , 11:32 AM | #8
If Vette can die and not show up again, its not hard to expect the same for that cockroach Shan.

And sure I'm happy to pay for everyone - Free-to-Play for Everyone on Me!
Vette is not Theron though.
She's a class companion, who was made available for every class during KOTFEET, but is only romanceable by male Warriors (so far at least) and has very few connections by herself and very little story relevance outside of the Warriors's story (made even more evident since she hasn't had any part to play since her potential death while Torian reappeared for anything Mando related).
Theron is an important character who has both a comic and a novel about him, is one of the very few companions with personal achivements on par with our PCs', who appeared for and is romanceable by everyone no matter their original faction and gender and has far more connections to the overall SWTOR universe than Vette.
His counterpart is Lana, and as long as there's no option to get her out of anyone's story, it would be extremely unfair to forcefully completely remove Theron for everyone, even the ones who want to keep him, especially pub leaning characters and the ones for whom he's pretty much the only valid romance option.
He's also by far the most popular of the male LIs so forcing him out of everyone's story is bound to piss quite a lot of people who may very well leave because of that to never come back, and i include myself there, but i know there are other people who feel the same, because i'm certainly not here to play, and even less pay for SWTOR : the Lana Beniko dating simulator.

And him appearing in that cutscene is a bug, just like him, Lana and Zenith appearing with their default look is a bug. If it bothers you that much, just wait until it's fixed (which is what i'm doing because them appearing with their default appearance is irritating to me), and you won't see him.
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Damask_Rose
07.20.2021 , 11:46 AM | #9

Only if they also kill off Lana for everyone and produce an equally appealing male romanceable companion to replace him that is always alive for everyone so there is no issue with characters showing up for the wrong players.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

Kass
07.20.2021 , 12:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
... male romanceable companion to replace him that is always alive for everyone so there is no issue with characters showing up for the wrong players.
Khem Val (Romance)

*(Not a troll - look it up)
Kass'yan