Upcoming Livestream - July 1, 2021

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to announce that we will be hosting a livestream on Thursday, July 1st at 12:00 PM PDT (7:00 PM UTC). We will be talking about what to expect for our 10th anniversary and beyond.

For those who may not be able to watch the stream, we will be livetweeting here.

Mark your calendars and see you soon!

Edited by DanielSteed

• Dev Post
If you don't use twitter, or are in the US time zone, and can't stay up, is there any other avenue to watch it?

There will be a few things!

- Following the livestream, a recording of it can be watched on Twitch at your leisure.

- If you prefer YouTube as a watching platform, a recording of the livestream will be uploaded there later in the afternoon, possibly up to a few hours after the livestream concludes.

- A text recap of the livestream will be made in the forums soon after the livestream is over. Links to both the Twitch and YouTube recordings will also be found in that forum post.

- Following the livestream, a recording of it can be watched on Twitch at your leisure.

- If you prefer YouTube as a watching platform, a recording of the livestream will be uploaded there later in the afternoon, possibly up to a few hours after the livestream concludes.

- A text recap of the livestream will be made in the forums soon after the livestream is over. Links to both the Twitch and YouTube recordings will also be found in that forum post.

For those of us not able to participate in asking questions live.

Can we possibly ask them here ahead of time and the devs try and answer some of the more pressing ones during the live stream?

excellent, ty very much :)

For those of us not able to participate in asking questions live.

Can we possibly ask them here ahead of time and the devs try and answer some of the more pressing ones during the live stream?

That would be great :)

Edited by DarkTergon

• Dev Post
Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to announce that we will be hosting a livestream on Thursday, July 1st at 12:00 PM PDT (7:00 PM UTC). We will be talking about what to expect for our 10th anniversary and beyond.

For those who may not be able to watch the stream, we will be livetweeting here.

Mark your calendars and see you soon!

Hi everyone,

Reminder that the stream is happening at 12:00 PM PDT / 3:00 PM EDT. We will also be running a pre-show 15 minutes prior with the team sharing their fondest memories and experiences of SWTOR with the community. See you all on Twitch soon.

Typical SWTOR forums reaction :)

They announced new expansion, flashpoint, 5 boss operation, 5 new levels, advanced class system changes, pvp revamp and more... and "it was underwhelming" :-)))

“We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

With the upcoming changes opening up discipline options and tying the Force class options to LS/DS alignment, it would be a good time tweak how certain choices in the Knights expansions are determined if you skip forward and start one of the post-KotET stories. Currently, the choices of who lives and/or is saved is strictly determined by faction, putting my light side Empire characters in a rather awkward position and vice versa. Because I do not enjoy grinding through those stories over and over on all alts, the majority of my characters haven't even started KotFE, instead being left in story limbo. A check of the character's current light/dark alignment instead would solve this dilemma, although a more elegant solution would be to walk the player through the storyline and give them each option individually a la Mass Effect 3 style.

Looking forward to seeing what other gameplay changes you have made! :)

They announced new expansion, flashpoint, 5 boss operation, 5 new levels, advanced class system changes, pvp revamp and more... and "it was underwhelming" :-)))

Probably because it will launch around the same time as Endwalker which is going to have 3 times the amount of content. Taking bets that the story stuff in swtors "expansion" will barely be 2 hours long and "pvp revamp" doesn't exactly spell good news to me. Don't underestimate BW's ability to completely ruin things. They almost killed the game with kotfe and galactic command, then they made end game basically meaningless with the current gearing system and they still somehow think its a good idea to not have pvp gear.

one person does not make a forum reaction.

Personally I thought it was interesting, it's the first one I've caught live, they are normally on a lot later here.

It was nice to put faces on people .

one person does not make a forum reaction.

Personally I thought it was interesting, it's the first one I've caught live, they are normally on a lot later here.

It was nice to put faces on people .

Ditto: First time I was ever able to watch live !!

ADD: I had hoped to see more with companions and maybe another item or two (that was not mentioned). But, I'll still hold out until the lights are turned down low and the party's over.

Empire players and DS enthusiasts should really enjoy the 10th celebration.

IMO it sounds like the team has been doing a lot of work on this for some time now. If I had to guess I'd say since JUS.

To the team: I will look forward to this and (hopefully) as a solo player (primarily) will enjoy ride along the way as much as we ever have !!

[/two thumbs up]

People will find something to complain about. There are those that look for things to complain about and others that will look for things to enjoy. If I was a negative person I would complain about the operation and pvp (since I hate pvp lol) but nope there are other things that I am going to wait and enjoy. I rather look for the good than the bad. We have enough of that in the world right now.

With the upcoming changes opening up discipline options and tying the Force class options to LS/DS alignment, it would be a good time tweak how certain choices in the Knights expansions are determined if you skip forward and start one of the post-KotET stories. Currently, the choices of who lives and/or is saved is strictly determined by faction, putting my light side Empire characters in a rather awkward position and vice versa. Because I do not enjoy grinding through those stories over and over on all alts, the majority of my characters haven't even started KotFE, instead being left in story limbo. A check of the character's current light/dark alignment instead would solve this dilemma, although a more elegant solution would be to walk the player through the storyline and give them each option individually a la Mass Effect 3 style.

Looking forward to seeing what other gameplay changes you have made! :)

Those default choices dont actually grand light side or dark side points.

I just pretend five years of carbon freezing caused my LS Imperials and DS Pubs to go temporarily insane and behave the opposite of their character, ie the LS Imps murdered people and the DS Pubs didn't. Except the one DS Jedi Shadow I actually took through all that just so he could make all the bad choices. I will never do that to Theron again.

Starting with the events of Jedi Under Siege they became normal again. The LS sparing enemies the DS slaughtering them (except in Secrets of the Enclave in which you have to go LS to get the sabotage on both sides).