Character Armory

HunterJoseph

I don't know why or how this is not in-game yet. It's been over 10 years now....

I am so so so so so so so sick of swapping out gear, skills, and ability points on my 15 shadows from tank to dps.

Here is how it should work:

I define a build in my armory called TANK PVE.

I assign each piece of gear I want to use in that build inside my armory (similar to the outfit designer) AND ... AND ... AAAAAANNNND I DEFINE ALL THE SKILLS IN MY SKILL BAR AND ALL THE ABILITY POINTS IN MY ARMORY.

I then save that build in my armory, and the gear items for that build go into my armory, and do not live in my inventory or any cargo bay.

I clone/duplicate the TANK PVE build, and change the name to TANK PVP.

I then change the ability points, skills and gear as needed, and save it.

Clone/duplicate adjust and repeat as necessary for DPS PVE, and DPS PVP.

I can swap armory builds for my character inside of my character sheet from a dropdown of armory builds, or maybe the whole armory is just in a new tab called Armory inside the character UI window.

The key here is that buy saving a build in my armory, I can now easily swap between the various builds I have created for a toon, or for trying out different gear builds to see which ones yield the best results, and the gear items no longer take up space in my inventory or cargo bays. It would also be nice to be able to assign an armory build to multiple characters, so all of my shadows can use the builds I have created and all of my assassins as well, you know like a legacy armory. I mean we already have this in-game as it is. I make one set of gear and manually hand it off to all my other toons through my legacy cargo bay. WHAT A PITA!!!!!

All I am asking for is a more efficient method for doing what already exists and happens in the game. Please, I am begging you... please add this to the game.

Strongly support this. It is not hard. Guild Wars had some of this 15 years or so ago; the first game, not the second one which I dislike.(*)

(*) "Ascalan for humans. Now and forever," demand my Perma-Pre(s).

Edited by mike_carton

I just have separate end-game set bonus gear for every level 75, which I have plenty of kicking around, but I agree with you that the combat proficiencies should be something we can export and import from a local binary file

Everquest 2 had hot bar settings exportable years ago: /load_uisettings

It would produce a list of existing characters, you pick the character, and however that character had its UI set up, presto, there you are, and you can save/export your alternate experience points (think of them as combat proficiencies) separately as well.

Edited by xordevoreaux

There was something similar in the works way back in 2019 that somehow got dumped. Kid Lee has a video about "Loadouts" check it out. Someone needs to nudge one of the 2 left to finish it :D

Edit: Since it didn't hit 6.0 I think he might be spot on with it hitting on the anniversary.

Edited by ronin_chi_lao