Credits for Random Loot Boxes...

CKNORTH

Eh? would it work? if they had a chance at top gear like what is it now 306? i would delete a lot of credits for that... say 1 million for a gold crate, 500k for purple, 250k for a prototype set, and lastly 50k for the greens... :D

So correct me if I'm not understanding this correctly, but you're asking for the ability to pay credits for randomly generated rewards in a loot box?

If that's the case, fighting against gambling addiction in online games is a governmental concern in Europe, and I'm not sure how EA would escape governmental oversight were they to implement that suggestion.

Currently, aren't all such loot boxes acquired via satisfying accomplishments set in the game, not paying credits for them? I believe that's the case, and is how EA is side-stepping any governmental concerns.

Edited by xordevoreaux

So correct me if I'm not understanding this correctly, but you're asking for the ability to pay credits for randomly generated rewards in a loot box?

If that's the case, fighting against gambling addiction in online games is a governmental concern in Europe, and I'm not sure how EA would escape governmental oversight were they to implement that suggestion.

Currently, aren't all such loot boxes acquired via satisfying accomplishments set in the game, not paying credits for them? I believe that's the case, and is how EA is side-stepping any governmental concerns.

UH the whole summer event that has been around since the first year iirc is all about gambling... And your worried about a few RNG boxes for credits? Face it there are 3 things SW has always had even in its LORE, Gambling, Spice, And well Twillik Pole Dancers.... Oh and slavery so i don't know what you intend to sway but. Why not just make the whole franchise illegal in the EU? EDIT: wait i remembered a 5th Death by dismemberment or decapitation. you get the idea.

Edited by CKNORTH

UH the whole summer event that has been around since the first year iirc is all about gambling... And your worried about a few RNG boxes for credits? Face it there are 3 things SW has always had even in its LORE, Gambling, Spice, And well Twillik Pole Dancers.... Oh and slavery so i don't know what you intend to sway but. Why not just make the whole franchise illegal in the EU? EDIT: wait i remembered a 5th Death by dismemberment or decapitation. you get the idea.

I'm not intending to sway anyone. I'm conveying a reality. It's the specificity of the matter, whether it be in-game currency or store-bought currency, spending that currency on random loot boxes falls high on the list of the EU's concerns for onling games, because it promotes the spend/gamble feedback loop gamblers are addicted to.

For the sake of Night Life, for EA to have gambling tokens fall from trash mobs as a side means to get gambling tokens (as opposed to spending credits) is a great self-protection mechanism on EA's part to say that spending credits isn't the only means for people to participate in Night Life.

Edited by xordevoreaux