How would you fix the GTN problem?

afwhoefuwov

Some items are priced appropriately; others are not, e.g. Black/Black dye at 1 billion credits. How would you solve this? I can think of several ways:

- place an upper limit credits for all (sub / preferred / F2P), say 1 billion. This only applies to credits in inventory, you can still have credits going to the Eschrew if you cross over. Then, you should be able to withdraw credits out of the Eschrew for free, maybe with tax; it is just that you can only spend at most 1 billion.

- set upper limit at 1 billion, what would prevent sombody listing multiple riddiculous stuff at 1 billion? Well, it seems most culprits are CM items. So, BW sets a conversion: 1 CC = x amount of credits. Then, set a factor for that item depends if it is Gold/Silver/Bronze CM item or if it's used to be on CM and now cannot be found. Of course, you are allowed to sell, but you cannot list your price higher than: that item's price in credits times the factor. For eg, Malgus Reborn set is Gold and at 2100CC. Say conversion is 1CC = 10,000 credits => Malgus Reborn is 21 million credits. Malgus Reborn is Gold, so say Gold factor is 4 => at most, you are allowed to list the selling price at: 84 million.

Just my 2 cents, I am curious of what your inputs are. Honestly, the only group that is affected by the GTN are the subscribers. F2P and Preferred cant even spend more than 1 million. Take the Black/Black dye for example, I am a sub so I can have more than 1 million credits. Still, as a sub, I have a free monthly 525 CC. I just need to hold for 3 months and I can buy it (1500CC).

Personally, I think the main problem is the selling price of some famous armors. If person A has a great looking armor at x credits; person B likes that armor and to raise his credits quickly, he sells some of his stuff at riddiculous prices. Real scenario: I saw a listing for a Black/Red dye at 1 billion, where the usual price is 150,000 credits.

Edited by afwhoefuwov

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you fix the GTN problem?

Step 1:

Remove all buyer and seller access to the GTN for 30 days but leave the sell timers on.

3 days afterward, all sales would expire, and the items returned via in-game mail to all sellers.

Step 2:

With the GTN cleared of activity, Bioware spends the 30 day GTN lock out to change its functionality to reduce the GTN's effectiveness as an currency-printing machine:

If a given legacy's maximum profit --- regardless of the frequency, pricing, or volume of sales -- exceeds 200 million credits in a given day after tax, a cool-down starts in which the following restrictions kick in until the following Tuesday:

2a. The seller cannot have more than 3 stacks of any one particular item across a legacy

2b. The tax on all sales is increased

This would be the in-game equivalent of the Fed increasing interest rates to tamp down runaway inflation.

Step 3:

30 days after the initial GTN closure, with all of the changes made above, those GTN whales who haven't already beached themselves to dry in the sun in a fit of rage and despair would be free to repopulate the GTN, but it'd be a whole different ball game.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Some items are priced appropriately; others are not, e.g. Black/Black dye at 1 billion credits. How would you solve this? I can think of several ways:

- place an upper limit credits for all (sub / preferred / F2P), say 1 billion. This only applies to credits in inventory, you can still have credits going to the Eschrew if you cross over. Then, you should be able to withdraw credits out of the Eschrew for free, maybe with tax; it is just that you can only spend at most 1 billion.

- set upper limit at 1 billion, what would prevent sombody listing multiple riddiculous stuff at 1 billion? Well, it seems most culprits are CM items. So, BW sets a conversion: 1 CC = x amount of credits. Then, set a factor for that item depends if it is Gold/Silver/Bronze CM item or if it's used to be on CM and now cannot be found. Of course, you are allowed to sell, but you cannot list your price higher than: that item's price in credits times the factor. For eg, Malgus Reborn set is Gold and at 2100CC. Say conversion is 1CC = 10,000 credits => Malgus Reborn is 21 million credits. Malgus Reborn is Gold, so say Gold factor is 4 => at most, you are allowed to list the selling price at: 84 million.

Just my 2 cents, I am curious of what your inputs are. Honestly, the only group that is affected by the GTN are the subscribers. F2P and Preferred cant even spend more than 1 million. Take the Black/Black dye for example, I am a sub so I can have more than 1 million credits. Still, as a sub, I have a free monthly 525 CC. I just need to hold for 3 months and I can buy it (1500CC).

Personally, I think the main problem is the selling price of some famous armors. If person A has a great looking armor at x credits; person B likes that armor and to raise his credits quickly, he sells some of his stuff at riddiculous prices. Real scenario: I saw a listing for a Black/Red dye at 1 billion, where the usual price is 150,000 credits.

My wishlist solution would be the find a way of ensuring that everyone who posts on the GTN "problem" must first take a basic course on economics and inflation...

Imagine for a second you go to a BMW dealer and suggest to them that because many people can't afford a BMW at market price, that a price cap should be placed on the vehicles to bring them down to a more affordable level.

You'd be laughed out of the building

Just like a BMW, a black/black dye is a luxury item. You do not need it to play the game. No one is entitled to being able to purchase luxury items.

"Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it"

There isn't some grand conspiracy going on here, it's just supply and demand.

Also important to remember, just because something is listed at a stupid price, doesn't mean it sells at that price. To continue our BMW analogy, if for some reason a dealer decides to list a car for 100 times MSRP, it won't sell. It will just collect dust.

If you think the price is too high, there are only 2 ways of fixing that. Increase supply, or reduce demand. Reducing demand would of course be stupid for BW, as this would hurt their bottom line. Increasing supply is tricky. If they increase the amount of CC in circulation by means other than paying for it, they hurt their bottom line again. Trying to convince people to buy more CC however will start getting really annoying really fast. On the other hand, increasing supply of these items without the need of CC will also hurt BWs bottom line, as people can acquire it by means other than paying for it. That just leaves reducing the price for these items. There is a balancing act in pricing anything. Too high and people don't buy it, too low, and people who would have payed a higher price won't be. Considering BW has set the prices where they are and have sale data to back it up, they probably have decided it's at optimal levels already

So no easy solution to be found here.

As for the credit cap limit for F2P/Pref blocking them from purchasing expensive items, the only real solution here is allowing users to pull from eschrow directly when buying from the GTN (not for free of course), so they will be able to buy items of any value, just it will cost them. Of course, such a solution would just trigger another wave of complaining on the forums, as the sudden increase in demand would cause prices to spike even higher.

You are proposing to fix a problem that doesn't exist. If someone is listing stuff at 1 billion credits, who cares? It's not selling at that.

The problem is the depreciation of the value of what a credit is worth caused by many sellers setting astronomical prices. Even the act of under-cutting each other isn't an effective counter-balance.

In the real world, if the economy overheats, the Fed can raise interest rates to tamp down inflation. All we have in this game is the GTN sales tax, and that never waivers despite the economy overheating.

Edited by xordevoreaux

What's the problem? Capitalism and supply & demand. If you cannot afford the items you want, that's not a GTN/Seller problem. If stuff is prices above fair market value then the market will drive the price down.

Your solution is called demand destruction, when a seller prices products out of reach of the vast majority of buyers.

That hasn't happened frequently enough to cause a long-term downturn in prices (tamp down inflation) and to rely on demand destruction alone has yet to prove effective in broad terms to curb inflation.

The problem is the depreciation of the value of what a credit is worth caused by many sellers setting astronomical prices. Even the act of under-cutting each other isn't an effective counter-balance.

In the real world, if the economy overheats, the Fed can raise interest rates to tamp down inflation. All we have in this game is the GTN sales tax, and that never waivers despite the economy overheating.

That's not a good analogy to make. The reason governments attempt to combat inflation in general is because it tends to form bubbles, that, when they burst, can hurt a lot of livelihoods. These bubbles also tend to form on more essential sectors of the economy like housing. Raising interest rates effects inflation is because people can no longer borrow money as cheaply and thus it discourages them from digging themselves into a hole (simplistically speaking)

That's not what is happening in SWTOR.

First of all, there is no way to borrow money in SWTOR, so the whole issue of interest rates and defaulting on loans is completely moot. You can't go bankrupt.

Secondly, the inflation in SWTOR really only affects luxury items (for that matter, SWTOR itself is a luxury item...). The luxury item market can't really be used as a basis for inflation. In the real world, it's possible to blow an economy up on such things (see Tulip Mania), but that only occurs when people again spend what they can't afford into said items. Again, this is a non-issue in SWTOR due to no way to actually get in debt.

Lastly, there is no practical way for an economic bubble to burst on its own in SWTOR. The supply is more or less constant. The demand is more or less constant. It's value to consumers is unchanged. The supply of currency is infinite. So the status quo continues

You are proposing to fix a problem that doesn't exist. If someone is listing stuff at 1 billion credits, who cares? It's not selling at that.

This.

It only matters what you OP are willing to pay, if it's above that, don't buy.

BW has no influance on what player's are selling their items for, nor should they.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

IN THE REAL WORLD?????

Are you kidding us!

This is not the real world.

Their is appsolutely nothing on GTN that is a must have, cannot play without item. It is just vanaty, nothing more. It's not like in the real world where there are ten's of thousands of people starving, have no water, no homes, no jobs. Live In war zones or in fear of there lives. You don't get to pull that into a GAME! Just because you don't want to pay the asking for price.

I don't buy anything that is over priced, I put a value on a item and don't go over it. If other player's think it's worth it to them, I have no issue with that.

BW as I posted above should have zero say in what players sell their items for.

If items are selling, which lets face it, they are. Then the players are in-fact not asking to much. I might not buy them but clearly other's are. If they were not selling the price would come down naturally without any interferance by BW.

There is nothing to solve or fix because it’s a free market economy.

While ever someone is willing to pay a billion credits for a dye, then another person will list dyes for a billion credits.

If you are taking about inflation or too many credits in the game, that’s a different question that’s been answered in many of these same threads for years.

BioWare need to add value credit sinks. Galactic Seasons would be the perfect credit sink (and may still be when that mechanism is activated later this month). But BioWare saw they had an opportunity to try and cash in on people’s cartel coins first instead of prioritising GS as a credit sink. IMO, that a missed opportunity because many of those who have lots of credits also have plenty of “free” Cartel Coins and have spent those instead.

The other mechanism BioWare could use is GTN taxing. It’s already in the game and small tweak could be made that changed it to scale up the more expensive something sells for.

It’s already 8%, but it’s a flat rate. What if it scaled up to 20% when it hit a billion credits.

Step 1:

Remove all buyer and seller access to the GTN for 30 days but leave the sell timers on.

3 days afterward, all sales would expire, and the items returned via in-game mail to all sellers.

Step 2:

With the GTN cleared of activity, Bioware spends the 30 day GTN lock out to change its functionality to reduce the GTN's effectiveness as an currency-printing machine:

If a given legacy's maximum profit --- regardless of the frequency, pricing, or volume of sales -- exceeds 200 million credits in a given day after tax, a cool-down starts in which the following restrictions kick in until the following Tuesday:

2a. The seller cannot have more than 3 stacks of any one particular item across a legacy

2b. The tax on all sales is increased

This would be the in-game equivalent of the Fed increasing interest rates to tamp down runaway inflation.

Step 3:

30 days after the initial GTN closure, with all of the changes made above, those GTN whales who haven't already beached themselves to dry in the sun in a fit of rage and despair would be free to repopulate the GTN, but it'd be a whole different ball game.

The hate to say it but you’ve zero idea how the GTN works. It’s not a credit printing machine. It just moves credits around the game that are already in it. It’s also a credit sink as BioWare remove 8% of credits from all items sold.

What you are suggesting would remove or pause the most effective credit sink in the game. It would also block people selling on the GTN. That would sabotage Biowares own financial income from the Cartel Market buyers, which would in turn cause EA to shut down the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

BioWare need to add value credit sinks. Galactic Seasons would be the perfect credit sink (and may still be when that mechanism is activated later this month). But BioWare saw they had an opportunity to try and cash in on people’s cartel coins first instead of prioritising GS as a credit sink. IMO, that a missed opportunity because many of those who have lots of credits also have plenty of “free” Cartel Coins and have spent those instead.

As much as I agree with the rest of your post, I do have the suspicion that aside of yes, of course getting impatient people to buy and spend Cartel Coins, the delay of being able to fast forward Galactic Seasons with credits might also be about having so to speak a Cartel Coin sink first.

Considering the end of the referral program and the masses of 'free' coins generated by players actively getting others to click their link, there sort of was an 'inflation' of Cartel Coins too. (I lack the words to express this properly in English, but there are people sitting on several thousands if not ten-thousands of Cartel coins from ref links, people who never have bought any coins from BioWare. Getting them to spend those free coins on stuff they'd get by playing the game anyway is not exactly a loss for BioWare except for, in the future, these players will have less free coins left to spend on the actual extra stuff like CM items, crates and stuff.)

You have this backwards. The high prices are the *result* of that depreciation, not the cause. There are ludicrous amounts of credits appearing in-game(1), and unludicrous amounts leaving through vendors, training fees, GTN taxes, etc.

(1) Unlike in the real world, in-game vendors can buy unlimited quantities of junk without anyone ever buying anything from them, and wild animals you kill in-game often had someone's wallet as their last meal. (The alternative explanation is that wild animals' digestive systems refine ordinary food into credit chips...)

I love the blow off comments denying that there is a problem or pretending that the GTN is actually representative of a market where real world economics would fully apply. Sure, we can apply some economics principles but it's no mirror of real life. So just to stop the "you don't understand economics" counter argument, I have the Alchian and Allen text right beside me as well as Hirshleifer's Price Theory... both great books on the topic of pricing and consumer behavior... standards on the topic. I've also read them.

So that out of the way, I 100% agree that the GTN is broken. The problem is that one person posts at some exorbitant price, then others who do not actually know the market value follow suit. One or two people post at the high end of an item's actual value and some other vulture comes along thinking the overpriced listing is legit and attempts to flip the item which was actually priced reasonably. So no, it's not a matter of one fool posting too high and we can all just laugh and ignore them... their foolish price creates a trend that takes a while to correct itself. Don't get me wrong, it will eventually correct itself but in the meantime, it's "sticky."

Temporarily, this makes the item too expensive for anyone but a fool. Now market economics will come into play here... it's priced high and the price will lower until it eventually reaches a place where other players are willing to buy the item but that falling of price could take as much as a month if everyone is being greedy and only undercutting one another's price by 100,000 on an item listed for 150mil. It's a very very slow return to market value and if anyone lists at a more reasonable value the item will quickly get swept up... often by someone else trying to flip it, rather than an actual buyer. It's less like a commodity market as it should be and more of a speculative one caught up in market manipulation. Armor sets and weapons on a digital platform which are initially exchanged for CC are more or less a simple commodity, harvested rather than manufactured; for most, unless they are not currently available on the Cartel Market, they are an infinite resource.

One result of this is that anyone wanting to buy an overpriced item may very well end up paying for it... through credit selling spam bots. That's one of the problems with the GTN right now, some overpriced items actually sell due to this outside source of credits... granted the player is willing to take that risk. It's clear to me that many are willing to do just that. I think the solution there is self-evident, stronger enforcement towards anyone participating in such a scheme.

Personally, I think the developers want overpriced items on the GTN to promote trends which would drive people away from the GTN and towards another marketplace, the Cartel Market. So we probably aren't going to get any solutions as overpriced GTN items is good for EA's bottom line as a competing resources of the same items.

But what solutions do I propose? For one, better credit sinks to get rid of some of the whales... there are far too many people capable of spending a couple of billion buying up every 5mil set of armor and then relisting 20 of them for 40mil each. That's price gouging and monopoly behavior. In the real world, we have means to address this sort of thing. In the game, it's a free for all. People obsessed with playing the GTN create artificial shortages and drive up prices. One way to address that already happens, which is to have a bunch of the same thing drop in cartel packs at the same time and flooding the market with an item... another is to have a 50% sale. This will drown out that market-player who bought up 40 of the same dang thing.

There are a few fixes I'd like to see implemented. Most hinge on splitting how cartel market items are handled compared to crafted items. For materials mats and crafted items, I wouldn't want to see any change... maybe even reducing the GTN tax on those items. But for cartel market items, I think the GTN tax should be huge, like 30% or more. This would cut down on the market flippers. Someone will argue "the buyer will pay the tax and prices will just go up." I doubt that, the prices are already stupid high and I doubt that much of the overpriced items are selling (I watched a few out of curiosity, and they remain listed for month after month before eventually dropping to the actual market price range). Flipping is a problem, a big problem, and there needs to be a higher cost to discourage it.

I'd also like to see a limited number of slots available to players for cartel market goods. It's just dumb that one player owns 30 pages of over priced armor sets and lists them over and over again. Some of the responses in this thread were along the lines of "what does it hurt if someone wants to overprice their item" well, it hurts a lot if I have to filter through 30 pages of the same GTN-player's listings every three days. GTN listing isn't storage and the developers should do more to discourage that behavior. This flooding of the market, often from 10 or more alts from the same player artificially inflates prices and makes the overpriced item look legitimately priced (which is the point); this isn't just an example of one person pricing too high, it's dedicated sellers trying to play games with would-be buyers and trying to force a higher market price through active manipulation. Again, real world has controls for these sorts of things be it regulation or just actual real world costs associated with an item which do not exist in a digital game.

One other change I'd like to see is to make the deposit fee meaningful... not sure what the right amount would be but the current way that deposits are collected are a laughable drop in the bucket and they might as well not have a security deposit on listings at all. If you were to remove this low cost ability to remove at item from the GTN and relist it just a tad bit lower... I suspect prices would drop at a much quicker rate back to the actual market value instead of one seller undercutting another by a hair ad infinitum.

If anyone bothered to read all that, I appreciate your taking the time. I'm mostly just responding to the OP who asked the question and don't really expect anyone else to be bothered reading my thoughts. Also, just a heads up to anyone who wants to argue with me about any of the above... I don't really care, won't be reading your responses or responding to them. I find these sorts of arguments on the internet a complete waste of time and energy so I won't be engaging beyond putting my own thoughts out there. If you do actually have any constructive feedback on any of the above, I would welcome private messages and I will actually read those.

What's the problem? Capitalism and supply & demand. If you cannot afford the items you want, that's not a GTN/Seller problem. If stuff is prices above fair market value then the market will drive the price down.

this is 100% true how it works.

if a lot off people need the same craft material grade 11 and the supply off that craft material is low then the price is high you need to pay for it since not a lot off people are selling it on the GTN.

but if you have a craft material lvl 1 like Desh there is a lot off then on the GTN so the price is low since its not something a lot off people buy.

and not forget to add that its not only the supply and demand how the GTN price's are working but also how Rare the item is.

since some items like the black/black dye is a rare item that not get sold in the cartal market much so at some point it become's a rare item and the price for it go's up like hell.

same go's with all the items if its rare to get it like on the cartal market or to get it craft/ found then there can ask a high price for it then normal.

like other threads about it.

nobody can controle the market since it can chance each min in price.

and this is something you now also see in the real wold with the chips there need to make phone's and so thats also now a big problem since the demand high and the supply from chips is low so thats something companys also need to deal with and not going to cry since the price for it maybe will sky high then it was before.

so crying about stuff that are price to high on the GTN has no use since thats how the market works in all game's.

If you want the cosmetic stuff and hate GTN prices, buy cartel coins. I don't understand why people complain because they "can't" (by "can't" I mean "don't want to put in the time or effort to) have something in the game. The GTN supports players that actually learn how to make credits. Making credits is like a game within the game and it's something that some of us enjoy.

It's easy enough to earn tons of credits if you just try, without even buying stuff with CCs and selling them for credits. There are much more effective ways. You just have to stay on top of what is trending and be able to adapt.

Edited by BRKMSN

A simple fix would be to just not buy the overpriced stuff. Or buy it with cartel coins, which I'm sure bioware would prefer anyway.

I don't think the system is broken.

The only thing that is broken, and which has been broken for some time, is the inflationary effects driven by a poor balance of credit inflows (way too high) to credit sinks (way too low - especially ongoing sinks).

Some of the excess credits inflows have been due to exploits, some from credit farming bots, and some just due to few effective sinks on long-time players of the game.

Bioware has done a very poor job of managing the economy, and better management of the economy would be appreciated, but the solution to crazy inflation isn't to implement price controls on luxury items.

The solution is better management of the economy including tightening the balance between credit inflows and sinks as well as effectively dealing with credit exploits, credit sellers, and credit farming bots.

Edited by DawnAskham

Actually, I think there is a sort of "fix" which has been discussed before.

But first, I'd like to point out that often, when people go to buy something from the GTN, the cheaper copies have all gone and it's only the expensive ones that are left.

But I digress...

The biggest problem I see with the GTN is the "re-sellers" - the people that buy things at cheap prices to re-sell them at higher prices. It has been proposed that there be an option** to mark items as being "bound on pickup" when you put them on the GTN. That way it would be impossible for re-sellers to buy up the cheap items that people just put on the GTN cheaply to help others out.

If any of you are familiar with flea markets or yard sales, you'll know that there is a group of (annoying) people who will run around the yard sales and flea markets (while you're trying to get set up) buying up all the cheap items they think they can re-sell later.

P.s. The way to 'game' the resellers while selling stuff quickly is to put your items on the GTN just cheap enough for the re-sellers to buy it, but not too cheap. Don't put items on the GTN really cheap because you want to help someone out - you'll just help the resellers.

** emphasis on "option". Also, I know this doesn't represent real world markets, but who cares? It's all fantasy. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

Actually, I think there is a sort of "fix" which has been discussed before.

But first, I'd like to point out that often, when people go to buy something from the GTN, the cheaper copies have all gone and it's only the expensive ones that are left.

But I digress...

The biggest problem I see with the GTN is the "re-sellers" - the people that buy things at cheap prices to re-sell them at higher prices. It has been proposed that there be an option** to mark items as being "bound on pickup" when you put them on the GTN. That way it would be impossible for re-sellers to buy up the cheap items that people just put on the GTN cheaply to help others out.

If any of you are familiar with flea markets or yard sales, you'll know that there is a group of (annoying) people who will run around the yard sales and flea markets (while you're trying to get set up) buying up all the cheap items they think they can re-sell later.

** emphasis on "option". Also, I know this doesn't represent real world markets, but who cares? It's all fantasy. 🙂

Thats not going to work. A lot of players buy for their other accounts as well. Having it bind on pick up is not only wrong,as it would be BW taking away free will, and dicating what player's can do with items brought. It's not even pratical in real terms for a lot of players.

I'd start by addressing the real issue: Removing credit sinks from the game in the first place.

Remember when you had to actually buy your skills from the trainers? How about when taxis charged a fee? The taxi thing wasn't going to be overly effective in the long run, but it was there. I do, however, recall not having enough credits, back when I was new, to buy all the skills I had unlocked at certain levels, or the time I had to spend a couple of days on my sniper flying the PvE space missions, because I couldn't even afford to fly to my next Class Mission. Ok, it sorted itself on the first day, but I spammed a few more days of it to build up a buffer.

They dropped the ball with the crafting sinks too. Instead of requiring stupid amounts of materials from the Crew Skills Vendor, they could have stuck to a "reasonable" amount, and just raised the price proportionately, as they had been doing until the last crafting update.

The "problem" with the GTN is that there are entirely too many free credits floating around in the game, some of which had solid methods of removal that were removed, with nothing suitable to replace them. Trying to "fix" it by fixing prices on luxury items isn't going to solve the actual problem.

What is the problem here, people listing items at prices that won't sell? :confused:

Or is the problem that prices are too high for you to buy at?

GTN is the primary credit sink now in game as it takes a cut of each transaction and destroys those credits.

The only thing that is broken, and which has been broken for some time, is the inflationary effects driven by a poor balance of credit inflows (way too high) to credit sinks (way too low - especially ongoing sinks).

Some of the excess credits inflows have been due to exploits, some from credit farming bots, and some just due to few effective sinks on long-time players of the game.

Bioware has done a very poor job of managing the economy, and better management of the economy would be appreciated, but the solution to crazy inflation isn't to implement price controls on luxury items.

The solution is better management of the economy including tightening the balance between credit inflows and sinks as well as effectively dealing with credit exploits, credit sellers, and credit farming bots.

While I agree with taking more action and more to the point, more action more fequently against gold sellers. Other than that, it a false ecoonomy anyway. Reducing players credit income won't change a thing. If every player is earning 50% less the items would just drop by 50%, in real terms what has changed? These items are out of range for F2P accounts anyway. Would remain so regardless of credit sinks

Anyone else can earn credits by playing. If players are spending real money so other players don't have too, what they sell is up to them. If you have an issue with that then use your monthly sub to buy the items yourself. It's what a lot of sellers do. There are some who buy extra coins on top of that, they have every right to see a high return with in-game credits for doing that. At the end of the day other players are getting these items free just by playing. with no real cost of money

They are just vanity items, none are needed to play.