Less Huttballs since Patch 6.3

Schwarzherz

Hello everyone,

since the patch, I have the feeling that I get fewer Huttballs. Quesh Huttball and Vandin Huttball were added to the map rotation, but the chance of getting a Huttball should still be the same. This does not seem to be the case now. Since the patch, I have only received one Vandin Huttball. Just as many Odessen Proving Grounds in that time. Before the patch I got at least one Huttball every day, sometimes even several in a row. It seems that the chance of getting a Huttball has been lowered. However, this was not mentioned in the patch notes. Some players on Star Forge share this opinion. Let me know what you think about this.

instead of getting 3 HB in a row, I get one of the 3 possible HBs. anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but it's a notable difference from the established pattern over the past month.

the only variable I can think of is more ppl in the queue at the start of a new patch.

however, I've noticed fewer of the better players in queue this week. could just be coincidence, but I suspect it's because there's a new rated season under way and the first couple weeks are the best for climbing. or so the saying goes.

It’s a good thing if the HB pops have been reduced. Other wise you get a HB type map 33.3% of the time.

I would say Bioware have gone ahead and implemented the suggestions we made last year. Similar to what Fox has said.

I wonder if we could get some clarification from Bioware if this change was implemented as there is nothing in the patch notes.

instead of getting 3 HB in a row, I get one of the 3 possible HBs. anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but it's a notable difference from the established pattern over the past month.

the only variable I can think of is more ppl in the queue at the start of a new patch.

however, I've noticed fewer of the better players in queue this week. could just be coincidence, but I suspect it's because there's a new rated season under way and the first couple weeks are the best for climbing. or so the saying goes.

Thank you for your answer foxmob. Sure some players will spend their time in Ranked Arenas now, but overall I would say that with the new Patch the total amount of players who are playing Warzones has been increased cause the new daily and weekly missions through Galactic Seasons. But this doesn't really affect getting a Huttball, except that more Warzones open up due to a higher player pool.

Like OP said, Huttball is barely popping.

Now, I understand if some here don't like Huttball. But that doesn't make it less real.

I don't like Hypergates and is the only thing that pops, along with Voidstar. And hey, I play a lot. More than what I spend time writing here in the forums.

So how about we make it fair for everyone and stop cherry picking random messages from forums warriors? Play the game and see.

PLEASE FIX THE MAP ROTATION, so it's not always the same 2 maps. Doesn't matter how good a map is, if it pops all the friking time is gonna be really boring to queue or watch streams.

Thank you.

It’s a good thing if the HB pops have been reduced. Other wise you get a HB type map 33.3% of the time.

I would say Bioware have gone ahead and implemented the suggestions we made last year. Similar to what Fox has said.

I wonder if we could get some clarification from Bioware if this change was implemented as there is nothing in the patch notes.

Thank you for your answer TrixxieTriss. Through the Map Rotation the chance of getting a Hypergate, a Voidstar, one of the Huttballs or one of the Captures Maps should be the same and between 20% and 25% in my opinion, because the chance to get an Odessen Proving Grounds is very low and Arenas should not popping when enough Players are in queue. But over the last months I have the feeling that mostly Hypergates and Voidstars are popping and that several times in a row. But the chance of getting one of the other maps seems to be higher than it is now. Voidstar and Hypergates are both great Maps, but playing them over and over with not really much variety is not fun in my opinion.

I know 3 Huttball matches counts as "one" and share the same probability of popping. But even so, it pops less now. You could make it so Vandin and Queshball now shares the same probability, but leave Classic Huttball as one then.

Proving Grounds already doesn't pop, because 4 or 5 farmers cried enough about it. Now it pops so few that the new players don't have a clue of how the hell play it. Is bad.

Novare Coast shouldn't share the chances with Civil War and Yavin. Sure you have to capture nodes. But Novare Coast is extremly different: there is not a Point of No Return and you can win until the end of it. Why mix it with the other 2?

And Arenas should be the last resource, as the Devs intended in one of the patches, but now is not the case so much.

Playing Hypergate - Hypergate- Hypergate-Voidstar-Arena-Voidstar- Hypergate in the free time you have isnt really fun, having so many other good maps.

Edited by _Miriya_

Thank you for your answer foxmob. Sure some players will spend their time in Ranked Arenas now, but overall I would say that with the new Patch the total amount of players who are playing Warzones has been increased cause the new daily and weekly missions through Galactic Seasons. But this doesn't really affect getting a Huttball, except that more Warzones open up due to a higher player pool.

if there's a larger population in the queue, then it absolutely affects how many of each WZ you get. Let me explain:

prior to the patch, there was generally only one WZ at a time, sometimes two. It was clear that the same WZ was cycled at least 3 times before a new WZ appeared. However, if more players are in the queue, that means one person is no longer seeing every pop. So while the same WZ cycles 3 times before a new WZ enters the fray, one player may only see that WZ one of the 3 times in a row that it pops.

This also means that the "regularity" of pops is going to be thrown out of whack, and randomness will take hold. in a truly random rotation, you very rarely see equal distribution, especially in small sample sizes like...a week.

for the record, I'm seeing as much HB as any other single map. But that's counting all 3 HB maps as one. I believe that's working as intended.

Edited by foxmob

Quesh ball “seems” to be the only thing that’s popping for me when I queue because I’m only queuing 1 match a day for the GS. Of course I’m sure if I queued 10 in a row it would not all be 10 HBs.

I’m also not sure why Bioware bothered to add Quesh back. The desync actually looks worse. So everyone is queuing operatives to run the ball. As soon they get it, they jiggle around a little then they are on the next lvl, then rinse and repeat.

You can’t target them and you can’t stop them. You don’t know where they actually are most of the time because they could be on one of 3 Lvls.

On top of that, each match has put all the operatives on one team and none on the other. So it’s a forgone conclusion which team is going to win at the start. Match making is horrible, much worse than I experienced 5 months ago. Class stacking is worse as it seems to pick all one class for one team.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

PLEASE FIX THE MAP ROTATION, so it's not always the same 2 maps. Doesn't matter how good a map is, if it pops all the friking time is gonna be really boring to queue or watch streams.

Thank you.

I could not agree more.

For the love of all that is good and wholesome, FIX THE MAP ROTATION!!!

Still only getting Quesh ball each day. It’s so broken that I think it’s worse than before (which is saying a lot).

Bioware, why did you bring Quesh ball back. It’s so obviously still broken. Did you even do anything because it’s worse from my perspective.

Also has anyone got an Odessan map lately? I haven't seen it in at least a couple of weeks now

I've gotten it twice in the last week, so it's definitely still in the rotation. On the other hand, I haven't seen the Pit at all since 6.3, but I did get Queshball once. (My first time on that map, and overall a really good experience. Both teams were playing to win; I had a blast.)

But my approach to PvP is very casual, and I don't queue every day, so I've got no read on total map frequency.

I personally fail to see how less Huttball is a problem. Vandin and Quesh didn't get like any noticeable fix at all

IMO, Quesh is worse than before. I’ve not had Vandin yet to see if it’s any different, but I assume if Quesh is worse, Vandin won’t be much different.

I’m not sure why they even bothered to added them back in because they certainly aren’t fixed. And the new slow Nerf if you get the ball makes it 100% worse for the ball carrier unless they are an operative that can ignore the new slow by rolling all the way to the end zone while desyncing. If they want to Nerf all other classes speed or distance abilities, they need to disable operative roll too if they get the ball. That’s the only way I can see getting around this desync problem they have.

IMO, Quesh is worse than before. I’ve not had Vandin yet to see if it’s any different, but I assume if Quesh is worse, Vandin won’t be much different.

I’m not sure why they even bothered to added them back in because they certainly aren’t fixed. And the new slow Nerf if you get the ball makes it 100% worse for the ball carrier unless they are an operative that can ignore the new slow by rolling all the way to the end zone while desyncing. If they want to Nerf all other classes speed or distance abilities, they need to disable operative roll too if they get the ball. That’s the only way I can see getting around this desync problem they have.

it absolutely amazes me that warriors/knights cannot leap to opponents on the upper platform (i.e., through acid) but ops can roll it, mercs can rocket out, inquiz can sprint. it's quite possibly the dumbest thing in the world. and presumably so what? a warrior can't leap with the ball up the level? just incredibly dumb. like leap is what breaks these maps. lol

there's no chance I play objectives on a warrior/sent in that place with that fascist ****.

Edited by foxmob

it absolutely amazes me that warriors/knights cannot leap to opponents on the upper platform (i.e., through acid) but ops can roll it, mercs can rocket out, inquiz can sprint. it's quite possibly the dumbest thing in the world. and presumably so what? a warrior can't leap with the ball up the level? just incredibly dumb. like leap is what breaks these maps. lol

there's no chance I play objectives on a warrior/sent in that place with that fascist ****.

Drives me nuts too. Bioware admitted via an interview that Musco did with Snave, that it was a bug. But it’s never been fixed after 4 years now?

We can’t even get them to admit again that it’s a known bug or that it’s a purpose driven Nerf.

I’ve not tested it since they added the maps back in, but before they took them out, I could still leap into the area occasionally. Maybe 1 in every 20 attempts would work. Which supports Musco’s statement that it’s a bug.

Broken game full of bugs that Bioware won’t attempt to fix unless it affects ranked maps. Even then, they’ve broken many of those maps trying to fix others.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Who designed the Vandin Huttball, it's complete Garbage. I woulda of thought Bioware devs would of learned that quesh huttball is garbage and the solution isn't to make another huttball. Keep the original, definitely scrap the brand new one it's crap. If they need to make a new map for whatever reason do it without having it be a huttball. Edited by Ibokagain

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it s basically just Voidstar and Hypergate now... almost ALL the time...with some Yavin/Alderaan (which is more or less the same mode, just reskined BG) thrown in the mix

I queued for about 6 hours ish total today, this is basically what I got after adding it all up.

1 Novare

2 Vandin

1 Queshball

1 The Pit

1 Yavin Ruins

7 Hypergate

8 Voidstars

Bioware pls give us more variety in these map pops for warzones

I get “batches” of the same maps. They always come in 2s or 3s before a different map pops. And yes I have had more void stars than others, but that’s because it always seems to start out with voidstar first. Once I’ve played my 3 VS, it swaps to Hutt Ball and I get 3 HB style maps, then Yavin/CW, then usually arena because the pops slow. The one map I’ve not seen since playing pvp again is Nova Coast and I’ve only had a few Hypergates. I’ve actually had more Odessen matches than Hypergates. The majority of my games are arena because it’s mostly outside of primetime.

I will say that Vandin and Quesh need to be removed again. The performance tweaks have made it worse. I’m not even sure what they did besides putting an extra slow buff on the ball carrier. The Desync from Operatives is worse, passing the ball yesterday missed every player in the games I played. I fell through the floor on Quesh multiple times and once on Vandin. The slow buff stays after you unload the ball or die and you can’t go two feet with the ball before you get caught.

Hutt Ball is much, much worse than before they removed them. Bringing them back in the state they are in with the speed debuff is ruining it more.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I feel like there are certain days where more some maps pop more than others. I can't put it down to a tee but feels like we get a lot more of said 2 maps per day on different days. After my 5th voidstar or hypergate, I don't want to even to do more pvp in case I get a 6th of either or.