Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug Report Sub-Forum Guidelines

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunityTeam
01.08.2021 , 10:13 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

In an effort to keep information in one spot, we are working to consolidate the stickied threads, update the info obtained from them, and will update this post as necessary. Treat this as a living document. Please read this post thoroughly as it contains a lot of information.

General guidelines about reporting bugs
  • Please search threads to see if someone else has already created a bug report and add to that instead of creating a new thread. This not only helps keep info in one spot, but it is also easier to update one thread with a resolution/answer rather than tracking down multiple. Duplicate threads can be deleted, merged, or locked.
  • Create one thread for each unique bug. This assists with tracking and keeping conversation and additional reporting to one issue at a time.
  • This sub-forum is used specifically for game bugs. If you need support for the following, please follow the respective steps:
    For tech issues that are not bugs, please go here. Answers HQ is a great resource for people with technical support or other general game needs.
    For issues concerning your account, please go here.
  • Exploits and/or Terms of Service violations should be reported in-game or privately to the account CommunityTeam, or to a Community Manager.
  • Suggestion and feedback threads will be moved to the appropriate location or deleted if they are duplicates.

How to report a bug
  • Players can create threads here to report bugs.
  • Players can submit bugs in-game by using /bug in chat. Be sure to select Bug Report in the dropdown so the report is sent to the appropriate team.
  • Players can report bugs in the new SWTOR AHQ Bug sub-forum here. This is an especially useful resource for F2P and Preferred players.

What to include in your bug report
  • Screenshots and videos are always helpful.
  • What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
  • What time did this happen? Please include the timezone.
  • What class were you playing?
  • What role were you playing?
  • How often does the bug occur?
  • What happens when the bug occurs?
  • What do you expect to see?
  • Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
  • Details. The more, the better. Give us full names of NPCs, gear pieces, locations, abilities, step by step in how to reproduce the issue, etc… If we cannot reproduce a bug, we will not be able to fix it.

Content that is (or becomes) inappropriate for the Bug Report sub-forums may be closed or removed without warning or notice. There are a few cases where other actions will occur (such as multiple threads being merged), but closure and removal are the most common things that will happen. Repeatedly posting inappropriate threads or posts can result in warnings or infractions.

Please note that while we will be reading the reports here in this forum, we will not respond to every thread. Additionally, a developer response in a thread is not an indication of the significance, priority, severity of a bug, or a guarantee that the bug will be fixed.

Feel free to use this specific thread to reply with ways to improve or clarify some of the information in this post.

Thank you!
Community Team

EDIT: Added link to AHQ Bug Report sub-forum and general questions to answer when submitting a bug report.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Mignolite
01.08.2021 , 03:00 PM | #2
Theres a lot of helpful information here, but this thread appears not to be sticky? Please make it sticky thread before it falls down and Valkorian consumes it

JackieKo
03.08.2021 , 01:28 PM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post

*Players can report bugs in the new SWTOR AHQ Bug sub-forum here. This is an especially useful resource for F2P and Preferred players.

What to include in your bug report
  • Screenshots and videos are always helpful.
  • What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
  • What time did this happen? Please include the timezone.
  • What class were you playing?
  • What role were you playing?
  • How often does the bug occur?
  • What happens when the bug occurs?
  • What do you expect to see?
  • Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
  • Details. The more, the better. Give us full names of NPCs, gear pieces, locations, abilities, step by step in how to reproduce the issue, etc… If we cannot reproduce a bug, we will not be able to fix it.

Hi everyone,

Wanted to bump this so everyone is aware of the addition of the above info made to the original post. There is a new AHQ Bug Report sub-form. This is helpful for F2P and Preferred players. I have also added the general questions (that line up with the form on AHQ) that will help our team process bug reports. Please use these as a template and/or guide when reporting bugs here. Thanks, all!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

KomutanC
04.07.2021 , 06:36 AM | #4
Hello, could you please quickly check my post about Vigilance Guardian burn damages? As far as I see, burn damage functions are not working as it is shown in tooltips. I explained everything in detail in my post below, and also included pictures to make you perfectly understand what I mean.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...37#post9933037

Bearded_Jonny
06.13.2021 , 06:22 PM | #5
Keep getting this bug where its says rishi dailies, but also says section x and yet neither complete the mission 3rd time getting this since start of galactic season...when will this be fixed and can I get the points back I've missed out on??
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...40/unknown.png

Vumelin
06.14.2021 , 06:03 PM | #6
with patch 6.3a launcher is stuck on initializing & states this application has encountered an unspecified error. please try this patch again. i'm already running it under Windows XP (service pack 3).