Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no Black & White Dye on CM?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why no Black & White Dye on CM?

DarkTergon
01.09.2021 , 07:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatTax View Post
I'd rather advocate for positive change.
except you don't
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

ďThe problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.Ē

FlatTax
01.09.2021 , 07:59 PM | #22
I'm advocating for the removal of pay-to-win transactions and gambling products.

If that's not positive change, I'd like to hear how you define it.
Social Justice Advocate

Seven hours of paying to win in SWTOR can double a subscriber's monthly cost. Detailed figures available on request.

DarkTergon
01.09.2021 , 08:12 PM | #23
/snip
except there is no pay to win in this game, you are trolling, the mods should remove you, they have removed people for far less. Positive change starts with removing trolls.

ďThe problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.Ē

TrixxieTriss
01.09.2021 , 08:22 PM | #24
I'm advocating for the removal of pay-to-win transactions and gambling products.

If that's not positive change, I'd like to hear how you define it.
While I applaud the effort to remove the gambling aspect, your crusade against pay to win is false. There is NO PAY TO WIN IN SWTOR. You need to get over that part.
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a ďHow to PvP GuideĒ

FlatTax
01.09.2021 , 08:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
except there is no pay to win in this game, you are trolling, the mods should remove you, they have removed people for far less. Positive change starts with removing trolls.
The way real money leaks into gearing, crafting, and progression simply isn't up for dispute.
Social Justice Advocate

Seven hours of paying to win in SWTOR can double a subscriber's monthly cost. Detailed figures available on request.

TrixxieTriss
01.09.2021 , 08:34 PM | #26
The way real money leaks into gearing, crafting, and progression simply isn't up for dispute.
But you donít need money to win in this game. The only competitive part of the game is ranked pvp and even those guys know you donít need the new augments to win.

Itís your definition of pay to win thatís incorrect. Also, Iím a many times billionaire in this game. Iíve never once used or been enticed to us a credit buying service and I donít buy CM stuff to flip on the GTN for fast credits. All of my credits are from game play and crafting. Iíve never been held back playing pvp or content I want to play (except in 5.0, which was eventually fixed).
Do you want to be a better objective pvper?
Click here for a ďHow to PvP GuideĒ

FlatTax
01.10.2021 , 07:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
But you donít need money to win in this game. The only competitive part of the game is ranked pvp and even those guys know you donít need the new augments to win.

Itís your definition of pay to win thatís incorrect. Also, Iím a many times billionaire in this game. Iíve never once used or been enticed to us a credit buying service and I donít buy CM stuff to flip on the GTN for fast credits. All of my credits are from game play and crafting. Iíve never been held back playing pvp or content I want to play (except in 5.0, which was eventually fixed).
I agree, the monetization's tuning isn't particularly aggressive.

That said, there are a couple important things to get on the table: First, paying to win isn't limited to competitive PvP; SW Angry Birds is an aggressively monetized, single player, pay-to-win game. Want the Millenium Falcon to do a flyby? Need more birds? Pay up.

In SWTOR, the monetization of every core system, on top of a subscription, exists. Soft tuning doesn't erase this as a moral transgression, or as a future risk, when tuning is adjusted.

The soft tuning has a purpose: We're being groomed into acceptance of the systems themselves. And that's a problem worth speaking out about.

Any microtransaction that isn't cosmetic-only is pay-to-win.
Social Justice Advocate

SteveTheCynic
01.10.2021 , 10:02 AM | #28
Any microtransaction that isn't cosmetic-only is pay-to-win.
Nonsense. By that definition, the Cartel Market +XP boosters that let me level up X amount in four hours instead of five hours is pay-to-win, and I don't think you'll find many people who agree with that assessment. (I'd also point out that you've previously said that the *cosmetic* stuff is P2W because I can sell it for credits to buy the new augments. Which is it? P2W or not?)
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

DarkTergon
01.10.2021 , 10:12 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Nonsense. By that definition, the Cartel Market +XP boosters that let me level up X amount in four hours instead of five hours is pay-to-win, and I don't think you'll find many people who agree with that assessment. (I'd also point out that you've previously said that the *cosmetic* stuff is P2W because I can sell it for credits to buy the new augments. Which is it? P2W or not?)
You're just going to confuse the poor person, he won't know what he's fighting for anymore.....Not to mention he's brought this whole topic of thread, as usual.

And getting it back on topic, as people have said, it's the rotation of stuff, it was on the CM, it's gone, but it will be back. Or it got lost after it was on sale the last time (as sometimes seems to happen) and someone will eventually fix it, so it can come back then.

FlatTax
01.10.2021 , 10:20 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Paid boosts are absolutely a pay-to-win mechanic. The degree of advantage provided is a separate discussion from whether the mechanic itself exists. It does, and in its fundamental principles, is problematic.

As for cosmetics: A cash 'cosmetic' that's launderable into other benefits isn't cosmetic-only.
Social Justice Advocate