Not able to buy Barrel from Spoils of War vendor on saber user character

Kaskitt

Not sure if this is working as intended or if its bugged out but me and a couple other people on fleet have had this happen. Example is, you are 306 iLVL on your sorcerer and want to get your powertech up to 306 so you transfer all the gear over via legacy, but you need a barrel. You go and purchase one from the vendor but the only thing that happens is your Tech Frags are deducted but get nothing whatsoever.

Can anyone confirm if they are able to buy barrels on force using classes or is this just some kind of bug or restriciton?

DELETED - never mind, never tried it tbh and didn't correctly read.

Seems like a bug to me, but fits the principle: you can't buy gear that your character can't use at vendors (e.g. Kai Zykken). So losing out on tech fragments without getting the item seems like a bug, but not being able to buy it seems design.

Edited by Sundown
misread initial post

• Dev Post

Hi,

Thanks for the report concerning the bug with the Spoils of War Vendor.

The bug you're reporting is a known issue:

• Unidentified barrels and hilts purchased from the Spoils of War vendor on the Fleet are not granted into the inventory when the character cannot use it. Lightsaber Classes are not receiving barrels and blaster Classes are not receiving hilts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks for the report concerning the bug with the Spoils of War Vendor.

The bug you're reporting is a known issue:

• Unidentified barrels and hilts purchased from the Spoils of War vendor on the Fleet are not granted into the inventory when the character cannot use it. Lightsaber Classes are not receiving barrels and blaster Classes are not receiving hilts.

So what is your current fix for this? I did the same thing, bought 3 barrels on a JK and got nothing, except - tech frags.

• Dev Post

Hi all,

For those who didn't receive anything when purchased Unidentified barrels and hilts purchased from the Spoils of War vendor on the Fleet, I invite you to directly contact our support team to request a restoration of the tech fragments used.

To contact our support team, you can directly create an in-game ticket:

1. Click on the question mark icon on the main menu, (or press Ctrl + /).
  2. Click on Create ticket, then follow the on-screen instructions to provide details and submit your ticket.

Hi all,

For those who didn't receive anything when purchased Unidentified barrels and hilts purchased from the Spoils of War vendor on the Fleet, I invite you to directly contact our support team to request a restoration of the tech fragments used.

To contact our support team, you can directly create an in-game ticket:

1. Click on the question mark icon on the main menu, (or press Ctrl + /).
  2. Click on Create ticket, then follow the on-screen instructions to provide details and submit your ticket.

I did this and was told I would be getting my tech Fragment in the mail. I got 1, instead of the 675. So I opened another ticket and am still waiting for a response. Just FYI for all who get refunds, check your fragments before just in case this happens to you too.

• 4 weeks later...