Enable Quick Travel in spaceports/orbital stations

MagikFingerz

If I'm going to a certain planet, to a specific location that I can Quick Travel to, I still have to move through the spaceport or orbital station before Quick Travel becomes available. There's been plenty of changes making travelling easier and less of a hassle/waste of time over the years, so I see no reason why this should still be a thing.

Alternatively, if we travel to a planet directly from the galaxy map (not from our ship), spawn us directly at the entrance of the spaceport (or by the Shuttle on the planetary surface for orbital station planets).

It's especially annoying when you log out on your stronghold, only to log back in and be at the spaceport, and not able to QT, or go to your stronghold

This has happened a lot to me recently, and yes, it's really annoying, my workaround is to use the ship QT as this one works in spaceports, and then i can either go to fleet or back to my SH.

But as the ship QT works in spaceports, i really don't understand why the fleet QT or the planet's QT don't.

For ground spaceports the absence of QT was supposedly fixed long ago (long enough that I don't remember exactly when), except that it mostly didn't stick. Sometimes it's available down there, sometimes it isn't. Even worse, sometimes it depends on how you arrive in the spaceport - if you walk/speeder in from outside, it usually isn't, but if you arrive by ship or by non-ship Galaxy Map, it is. Maybe.

But usually it isn't. Unless it is, except when it isn't.

I thought it was because of the very few times in various class stories that you MUST meet with someone in your hangar. I don't recall about the need to meet someone in the Spaceport in any class stories.

Even if the above IS the case, the game should be smart enough to KNOW that I'm not ON that mission and don't need take a tour of my hangar nor the spaceport. Especially the hangar on Fleet.

I thought it was because of the very few times in various class stories that you MUST meet with someone in your hangar. I don't recall about the need to meet someone in the Spaceport in any class stories.

Even if the above IS the case, the game should be smart enough to KNOW that I'm not ON that mission and don't need take a tour of my hangar nor the spaceport. Especially the hangar on Fleet.

A game is only as smart as its devs... :csw_jabbapet:

No, since those stories almost always tell you to go to your hangar on the way *back* to your ship (and you can accidentally bypass them by using the Priority Travel perk). The one exception that sticks in my mind (there may be others that I've forgotten) is Sharack Breev when the Sith Warrior first arrives on Tatooine - she's waiting in your hangar.

• 4 months later...