Alderaan Stronghold Bugs

Nmyownworld

- It's hit or miss for the taxis to be available in the Stronghold.

I logged in on one character, and there were no taxi droids, their pads were empty. I logged on with second character, and the two taxi droids were there, and working. I logged out to the character selection screen (hoping to get A Thranta Also Rises to complete), and logged back in on that same second character, and the taxi droids had disappeared.

- The Alderaan Stronghold does not seem to be a rest zone. Logging out to the character selection screen while in the Alderaan SH brings up the, "You are in an unsafe area, and will log out shortly" message. This one that appears whenever logging out to the character selection screen when not in a rest zone.

eta:

- Setting an arrival point does not take. I selected the Mountain Retreat as my character's arrival point, but the Landing Zone arrival point is where she always returns.

-------------------------------

Edit 2-14-20: Go-rogue posted map co-ordinates for the location of the fourth item to click for "The Thranta Also Rises."

Edit 2. Location I meant to give was vicinity -371, 373 in the Mountain Retreat. It's on the outside of the Ancient Ruins. Be careful going around it.

Following their information, I was able to complete "The Thranta Also Rises."

- This thread, "The Thranta Also Rises" achievement only completes for SH visitors. In my own Stronghold, I scanned the five areas; clicked the three items, and the achievement did not happen. I truly hope that the way getting the achievement is detailed in the linked thread is a bug.

Edited by Nmyownworld

I'll add to this thread so as not to make a new one.

Bugs:

In the back of the Killik cave there is an open section that makes it look like the cave continues on. It's blocked by mounds and an invisible wall. It causes people to get stuck in mid air when trying to jump on mounds.

Invisible Thrantas stations

Combat dummies keep you in combat.

After breaking down starships hooks into smaller layouts in the open field, you can no longer place decorations down.

I can confirm:

Invisible Thrantas stations (taxis)

Combat dummies keep you in combat.

In all the times, and on all the characters I've logged into my Alderaan SH while decorating, the Thranta taxis have only appeared once.

The combat dummies really like to fight. They hate to stop.

On a side note, I would rather be able to place Personnel combat dummies anywhere I like. I had plans for those ruins...

Please? Pretty please?

Edited by Xina_LA

Whenever I leave the Alderaan SH, going to Fleet or a to planet to purchase decos, returning to the Alderaan SH -- without having logged out of that character -- always leaves my character at the Landing Zone arrival point, not where I last was in the Stronghold.

I engaged the level 10 Training Dummy (my character was level 66, so I didn't try the level 75 Training Dummies that time) with a Gunslinger. I was eventually able to get out of combat with the Training Dummy, but it took a while. One of my guildmates (level 75) engaged one of the level 75 Training Dummies, and the Training Dummy would not disengage combat. My guildie moved their character as far away as they could (since they were in combat, they could not use the Mountain Retreat's elevator) -- still in combat. They did /stuck and rezzed in the SH near the castle entrance -- still in combat. We wound up trying kicking them from the Alderaan SH (it's my personal SH), and finally my guildie was no longer in combat. Please address this. Having Training Dummies no one wants to use because they might become stuck in combat is frustrating.

Periodically, clicking a decoration hook clears the decoration window, and prevents entering the name of another decoration. This has occurred with a number of hook locations, always (so far for me) when using a small floor hook. It doesn't happen with every small floor hook, though.

And, the ongoing "now you see it, now you don't" protocol droid taxis. This has happened to me, as the SH owner. And, to my SH's visitors. It seems very random, meaning there can be multiple players in the Stronghold at the same time, and some will see and be able to use the taxis, and some won't.

There is a lot of bleed through of companion decos from other Alderaan Strongholds. I've entered the Throne room (which is my library, thanks for the idea Xina_LA!) and been met with the sight of the room filled with the decos I placed, and companion decos in their skivvies, which another player(s) used to decorate their Alderaan Stronghold's Throne Room. I don't know if the other player(s) placed their companion decos in their skivvies, but if so I'm not going to judge. I just want the scarcely dressed companions from someone else's SH to stop showing up in my SH, please.

for those having trouble getting the hidden achievement to pop, it's helpful to know one clickable item has 3 possible spawn locations, some items may not spawn after you unlock an area until you leave and re-enter the strong hold, and the macrobinoculars tasks seems to work more consistently if you user the binoculars found inside the killick cave..

Adding to these bugs I've noticed that the Ceiling Light hooks in the main room of the Western Lodging (one with the large window) do now show up purple, can click on them but lights placed there do not show up- tried it with all of the lights I own, none of them appear at all.

Am also having the invisible Thranta station issue, and the stronghold not being considered a rest zone.

for those having trouble getting the hidden achievement to pop, it's helpful to know one clickable item has 3 possible spawn locations, some items may not spawn after you unlock an area until you leave and re-enter the strong hold, and the macrobinoculars tasks seems to work more consistently if you user the binoculars found inside the killick cave..

I have tried that for a while, still unable to get it to work. I haven't had problems with the macrobinoculars, just two of the span areas

Found another bug.

One of the small hooks (the left one) right in front of the entrance is broken.

I've placed a Republic Guard on the hook, after returning to the stronghold I notice that the guard has sunk into the floor.

Moving the guard back and forth will bring it back on the floor until you leave the stronghold again.

• 2 weeks later...

My current main beef with this SH is the fact that all but ONE of the floor hooks in the main room in the Western Expanse float above the floor so that you actually step up a bit when running over them. These need to be fixed pronto.

My other beef is that they seem to have forgotten to place a few wall and floor hooks in the Western/Northern Expanse that should've been there - really obvious ones that you go "Hey! Why is there not another hook here?!?!" :(

My current main beef with this SH is the fact that all but ONE of the floor hooks in the main room in the Western Expanse float above the floor so that you actually step up a bit when running over them. These need to be fixed pronto.

My other beef is that they seem to have forgotten to place a few wall and floor hooks in the Western/Northern Expanse that should've been there - really obvious ones that you go "Hey! Why is there not another hook here?!?!" :(

I can confirm this bug.

A lot of decorations are floating above the floor like rugs etc (because of the floating hooks).

Same issue can be found in the Yavin Stronghold (temple grounds).

Adding to these bugs I've noticed that the Ceiling Light hooks in the main room of the Western Lodging (one with the large window) do now show up purple, can click on them but lights placed there do not show up- tried it with all of the lights I own, none of them appear at all.

Am also having the invisible Thranta station issue, and the stronghold not being considered a rest zone.

I used the crystal light found on Ossus, not the hanging ones. and they show up nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

/push

+

Same problem with decorations which are placed outside the building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting those bugs with the Alderaan Stronghold.

I've transferred those to our team. I'll update you when I have additional information.

For the 6.1.1 patch, our team is planning to fix a few of those bugs: The Alderaan Stronghold being an unsafe area and the bug with the decoration being above the ground.

Thank you.

Another bug for Alderaan (and all strongholds in general) is that when I log out on a toon still in the stronghold, instead of respawning where they last were like they do in every single other stronghold, they spawn in at the original spawn-in point. That is frustrating in and of itself, but (and this is with every stronghold) when the spawn in point is set for somewhere else, the same thing happens. There should be no reason that a toon in the Alderaan stronghold (or any stronghold for spawn-in points set for other locations) should be forced to spawn in at the spawn-in location when logging back in when they were logged out while in said stronghold.

I don't know if this has already been talked about or if this should be in suggestions section, but for all the credits in the world, make the doors in the stronghold clickable, I've had countless occasions where the door closes after someone else walks through and it doesn't open for me, i end up having to run backwards and forwards to get it to open, which it does, but after 4 or 5 attempts.

All the other strongholds with doors are clickable to open them, so why is this one different. It makes no sense. Also I've got trapped between the doors and unable to escape without using the /stuck command to send me all the way to the start, especially annoying if I'm in the retreat section of the stronghold. Please fix this, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this view.

Hi folks,

I've transferred those to our team. I'll update you when I have additional information.

For the 6.1.1 patch, our team is planning to fix a few of those bugs: The Alderaan Stronghold being an unsafe area and the bug with the decoration being above the ground.

Thank you.

Thank you for the response, and the team for working on the Alderaan SH bugs being addressed in 6.1.1.

Hi folks,

Thank you.

Alderaan Stronghold is still an unsafe place!

Carpets are still floating above the ground in the western lodging.:(