Where is the vendor for command crate shells?

Drenovade

According to the devs, there was to be a vendor that would allow us to obtain the fully customizable gear shells that used to drop from command crates. Vendors were provided for the pets and mounts, so where is the one for shells?

Source:

What happens to existing cosmetic shells and Crafting Schematics in Command Crates? Will these be made attainable elsewhere? Purchasable via Command Tokens and/or allow Reverse Engineering to learn how to craft items (especially the cosmetic items)?

Noice. Been looking forward to this question.

First, yes all cosmetics and schematics currently coming from Command Crates will be moved to a vendor so that these can still be acquired. - Tully

It's been over 3 months since 6.0, so where's the vendor?

The command crate shells were one of the only reliable ways to obtain classic weapon and armor models that were in the vanilla game. Since the original planetary commendation vendors, flashpoint drops, mission rewards, and crew skill schematics were removed in patch 4.0, obtaining many classic gear models has become difficult if not impossible.

Update - November 10, 2021:

Where is the vendor for command crate shells?

• These will be available for purchase on a vendor with 7.0’s launch for 3,500 Tech Fragments and 500,000 Credits.

Edited by Drenovade

I can't say for sure where such a vendor would be but, have you checked the gear vendor on the fleet, in the same section as the modification vendors? (He's in the first "booth" clockwise, before the mod vendors, if I recall.

EDIT - I've never liked any of those armors, and I just vendor'd them and I've never had any reason to note where they might be (or not).

Edited by JediQuaker

I can't say for sure where such a vendor would be but, have you checked the gear vendor on the fleet, in the same section as the modification vendors? (He's in the first "booth" clockwise, before the mod vendors, if I recall.

That's the adaptive gear vendor. They offer a minuscule selection of classic gear models, maybe 5-10% of what used to be available from all the planetary commendation vendors. The command crate shell vendor would be a different one.

My question was more in the sense of ,"Why haven't the devs added this vendor into the game yet when they said they would?"

I can say for sure... CC Shell vendor was never implemented.... tbh they should jjust put them back in renown crates... at least then I might get something wothwhile out of them.

Any chance this will make it into 6.1? If not adding the vendor was intentional, I think some explanation is needed.

As a player who started at launch in 2011, I have a fondness for classic armor and weapon models that were in the original game. Patch 4.0 wiping a lot of that out was a huge bummer. The command crate shells helped return some of it, especially weapons(the armor sets had new textures, but still looked good).

Any chance this will make it into 6.1? If not adding the vendor was intentional, I think some explanation is needed.

If it's not already planned, no chance at all, given that 6.1 is pretty soon, but I agree that some sort of explanation is a really good idea.

EDIT: it's worth noting that if it was just one vendor, he/she/it would probably have to sell *sets* rather than individual pieces, since there are 32 different sets of armour and at least one weapon for each one.

Alternatively a bay with multiple vendors, selling T1 Armour, T2 Armour, ..., T1 Weapons, ..., T4 Weapons. Like that, individual pieces of armour might seem more reasonable.

Maybe. Eight sets per vendor, seven pieces per set ... hmm ... That's still 56 items per vendor.

No, whole sets it is.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I would like the shells and set bonuses added back into game as adaptive gear shells that can be worn from lvl 10.

At the moment, you can only wear the gear that drops with the old set bonuses or you buy from Ossus when you get to lvl 70. Which you then take off at 71 to put on adaptive 268 gear, which also only works to lvl 75.

1. Add the old gear and empty shells to a fleet vendor at lvl 10.

2. Make them adaptive

3. Make 270-274 gear available from lvl 70. This would allow crafters an opportunity to sell their green gear instead of junking it. (Probably the dumbest crafting design I’ve ever seen).

4. Everyone is happier and old gear is relevant and crafters get a smallish reprieve for making junk green and blue items from lvl 70.

5. Another option is let crafters make the old set bonus gear to sell or use. Which makes crafting relevant pre end game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

2. Make them adaptive

If you collected the empty gear during 5.X, it's still lurking wherever you stashed it, and it's still adaptive moddable shells, so presumably if they added them to a vendor, they would remain the same.

One question, though. Why "requires level 10". The Command Crate empties didn't have a minimum level.

If you collected the empty gear during 5.X, it's still lurking wherever you stashed it, and it's still adaptive moddable shells, so presumably if they added them to a vendor, they would remain the same.

One question, though. Why "requires level 10". The Command Crate empties didn't have a minimum level.

I mean the old set bonus gear that’s only available now from the Ossus vendor and cannot be worn by anyone below lvl 70.

I would like to see the set bonus gear made into legacy gear and made available at lvl 10 so that people can get the most benefit from it as they lvl because you cannot use it at lvl 75 and it seems stupid to only sell it at lvl 70 when you have to stop using it 4 lvls later.

I’ve still got some old set bonus gear that I can wear from lvl 50, but I can’t use it on new Alts and I can’t get the same set bonus gear for them till lvl 70. It’s a really disappointing system.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I mean the old set bonus gear that’s only available now from the Ossus vendor and cannot be worn by anyone below lvl 70.

I would like to see the set bonus gear made into legacy gear and made available at lvl 10 so that people can get the most benefit from it as they lvl because you cannot use it at lvl 75 and it seems stupid to only sell it at lvl 70 when you have to stop using it 4 lvls later.

I’ve still got some old set bonus gear that I can wear from lvl 50, but I can’t use it on new Alts and I can’t get the same set bonus gear for them till lvl 70. It’s a really stupid system.

I'd like to see the Ossus sets converted to legacy bound. That way I might actually get full sets collected. Ossus has some great looking armor, but it's a real pita to get a full set on one character.

honestly the old sets should have been added to collections as you got them as adaptive shells usable by anyone on your account once you unlock them

i know they have added similar shells since, but stuff like the old tionese armor i still keep on my gunslinger because i really liked how it looks

• 3 months later...

Bumping to again point out that the vendor has not made its way into the game yet. An official response would be appreciated. I assume it's still in the works? I'm eager to collect more of these set pieces and weapon shells.

Honestly, you could just add them back into renown crates and that would work too. As long as they're still BoE so players can sell them. Renown crates are in need of some pizzazz anyway because they almost never contain anything useful or meaningful. Rewarding BoE cosmetic items was one of the only redeeming qualities of the crate system imo.

Trying not to be that one player "YOU PROMISED US", but it's been a long wait now and all we've got so far is crickets.

Bumping to again point out that the vendor has not made its way into the game yet. An official response would be appreciated. I assume it's still in the works? I'm eager to collect more of these set pieces and weapon shells.

While I already have all of the sets from back then, I never understood why there is no vendor for the shells. They sell the pets and the mounts. Why not the shells? Is it because all gear is now BoL and it would have been too difficult to do?

Honestly, you could just add them back into renown crates and that would work too. As long as they're still BoE so players can sell them. Renown crates are in need of some pizzazz anyway because they almost never contain anything useful or meaningful. Rewarding BoE cosmetic items was one of the only redeeming qualities of the crate system imo.

I don't think that it would be a good idea to add those shells to the crates. The benefit seems too little (e. g. no amplifiers, and we have a lot of new, more interesting armor sets since 6.0). But I fully agree to the suggestion to add something additional to the crates. Last week, I got a tactical and the Descent of the Fearless boots. :eek: This was the first time ever that I saw something special in a crate. I didn't even know that tacticals and special armor pieces could drop. At the very least, I would like to see companion gifts back in the crates.

I don't think that it would be a good idea to add those shells to the crates. The benefit seems too little (e. g. no amplifiers, and we have a lot of new, more interesting armor sets since 6.0).

The problem with that line of reasoning is that the *benefit* (if you can call it that) was *always* that they were usable in Outfit Designer slots. Well, unless you consider it a benefit that the crates dropped armour shells that you could pay oodles of credits to use as main-gear (by ripping mod-objects and transferring them...).

• 2 months later...

Day 302: Still no vendor. If the devs have changed their minds on this, please at least come out and say so. I would like to know the current position on this. Delayed, scrapped, forgotten? As it stands, the latest dev input remains:

yes all cosmetics and schematics currently coming from Command Crates will be moved to a vendor so that these can still be acquired.

• 3 months later...
Are they taking questions on the cantina tonight? could always ask there if they are.

Yah, good luck with that.

In my bank I have a ton of the crates you get from heroic missions at level 75, the ones you trade to your 4 contacts to boost your standing. Or did, not much point anymore. Anyhow, you get a some stuff back when you do that, including a ton of different armor bits. The problems is that there are a jillion different sets, and you'd need ridiculous amounts of storage to ever accumulate a set of any of those. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Eh, nm.

In my bank I have a ton of the crates you get from heroic missions at level 75, the ones you trade to your 4 contacts to boost your standing. Or did, not much point anymore. Anyhow, you get a some stuff back when you do that, including a ton of different armor bits. The problems is that there are a jillion different sets, and you'd need ridiculous amounts of storage to ever accumulate a set of any of those. I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Eh, nm.

That's an entirely different question, and at least you only need one set of each combination you like the look of (it's bound to legacy). And those sets are still available. The empty shells that dropped from the Command Crates are currently available *nowhere*.

Actually I set up a toon to store 1 set of each, as steve pointed out, they are legacy bound. I think i'm missing two pieces...lol. Only about 40 sets. If I want to stamp one on a char, I just log in to the 'fashion' store toon, pop it in to legacy bank, pop back to the other toon, and stamp it. No hassles. But as steve also pointed out, they are both different subjects :)

As for asking questions, not sure I'll be there, depending on the time difference. Not to mention, it was a suggestion to the other person that they might be able to ask. If I do get one, and they are accepting question, I have my own to ask ;) lol