The login service is currently unavailable.

TheNoremac

So I just resubscribed to the game not more than an hour ago, and I tried to login... but I'm getting the error message saying the login service is currently unavailable. I tried pinging "launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net" but there was a 100% timeout rate.

So I just resubscribed to the game not more than an hour ago, and I tried to login... but I'm getting the error message saying the login service is currently unavailable. I tried pinging "launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net" but there was a 100% timeout rate.

well best thing to do is to wait or call their CS. You can't play so this is an issue they will accept over the phone and chances are that one of their log in servers is screwed. You don't always get the same log in server mind you so waiting could help but I prefer to get things sorted right away. Here's the info https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support

Do mind the opening hours of support.

well best thing to do is to wait or call their CS. You can't play so this is an issue they will accept over the phone and chances are that one of their log in servers is screwed. You don't always get the same log in server mind you so waiting could help but I prefer to get things sorted right away. Here's the info https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support

Do mind the opening hours of support.

Called them, and they gave me a list of steps for changing the game client to Bitraider, but it doesn't seem to have worked. I've uninstalled the game completely and wiped everything I could find on my drives that had anything to do with the game, and then installed the launcher (onto the external drive I usually put games on) but I'm still getting the same error.

I was having an issue a few days ago, but my error message was different. Mine was "This application has encountered an unspecified error", and later, "Network error while downloading patch" when I was re-downloading the game.

I removed Bitraider and it fixed my problem, and now SWTOR launches faster as well it seems. This was the guide I used:

I also uninstalled Bitraider from my "Add or remove programs" tab. Had to install SWTOR again, but it was worth the wait. Not sure if it will solve your issue as well, but might be worth trying.

I was having an issue a few days ago, but my error message was different. Mine was "This application has encountered an unspecified error", and later, "Network error while downloading patch" when I was re-downloading the game.

I removed Bitraider and it fixed my problem, and now SWTOR launches faster as well it seems. This was the guide I used:

I also uninstalled Bitraider from my "Add or remove programs" tab. Had to install SWTOR again, but it was worth the wait. Not sure if it will solve your issue as well, but might be worth trying.

Tried to uninstall BitRaider, but it said that it couldn't because SWTOR was still installed... except I already uninstalled it... so I don't know what it's talking about.