How to get back Original Music at Selection screen?

Reeny

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're stuck with it till next xpac. I for one don't like it because it is too loud. The first couple times I started up SWTOR I nearly crapped myself it was so loud. Now I mute the game at launch and only unmute when I'm playing. If they do nothing else they need to lower the volume on it. Edited by Darth_Vainous
punctuation

While I initially thought it was ok, I'd now agree with you. The original music represents the game as we know it. If the new music was just in elements of the game play I'd be happy enough. I also think the loading screen this time is below parr and I don't like the photo bombing droids in the background at startup.

God I'm hard to please!

It sucks, and was a totally unnecessary change IMO. It doesn't even sound like Star Wars. It's just noise. This whole time, the original music has been just fine, and actually encapsulates the essence of SWTOR, so I don't know why they felt the need to change it now.

You would think they would have at least given us the option to pick what music we want, but ya know... It's EAWare, so what do you expect.

It sucks, and was a totally unnecessary change IMO. It doesn't even sound like Star Wars. It's just noise. This whole time, the original music has been just fine, and actually encapsulates the essence of SWTOR, so I don't know why they felt the need to change it now.

You would think they would have at least given us the option to pick what music we want, but ya know... It's EAWare, so what do you expect.

its like how i felt when they cut the original republic character creation music. was so good. then it became the imperial version.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

I'd like the option to switch back. I'm not slamming the talent involved with the new music. They are amazing. The original music always struck me as a grand, sweeping, "You are about to begin an epic adventure!" introduction to SWTOR. It made me feel hyped. The new music strikes me as a dirge-y, "The grateful villagers sombrely gather around the body of their fallen hero." With obligatory heavy gray skies, oppressive rain falling, and lots of mud. Edited by Nmyownworld

The music itself isn't bad, I just don't want it on my character selection screen, as I keep logging in and out to send my companions to crew skill missions on several toons. Hearing the loud, first few bars over and over again makes me want to mute the game. There was no need to change the music, especially to something as loud that it is now.

I for one don't like it because it is too loud. The first couple times I started up SWTOR I nearly crapped myself it was so loud. Now I mute the game at launch and only unmute when I'm playing. If they do nothing else they need to lower the volume on it.

I don't hear any music on the selection screen. Why, you ask? Because I turned the music volume down in game.

If you find the music too loud, turn it down in-game in Preferences. Turn it to zero if you don't like it.

Meanwhile, get a recording of the original music - or any music - and play it through your favorite mp3 app while you play. 😊

I don't hear any music on the selection screen. Why, you ask? Because I turned the music volume down in game.

If you find the music too loud, turn it down in-game in Preferences. Turn it to zero if you don't like it.

Meanwhile, get a recording of the original music - or any music - and play it through your favorite mp3 app while you play. 😊

This post isn't helpful on the current topic. People want music in game and at character selection, but they want the music volume to be normalized to what is in game and some people would prefer alternate music from the game to play on character select. Turning down the music because it is loud at character select makes it too low in game, so it would be a constant change when logging out and in. Suggesting they play their own music isn't an option as they want the music from the game, they only want to change the music on one specific screen.

For a smaller expansion than usual, it seems very odd that they changed the menu music. I thought it was supposed to signal a huge expansion, but nah, it's just change for the sake of change.

While I don't actually mind the new music, I would have to agree with this statement. It seems to me the change was window dressing to make a small xpac seem more grandiose.

• 1 month later...
The music itself isn't bad, I just don't want it on my character selection screen, as I keep logging in and out to send my companions to crew skill missions on several toons. Hearing the loud, first few bars over and over again makes me want to mute the game. There was no need to change the music, especially to something as loud that it is now.

I've posted already on this topic but now in January 2020 this post really sums up my feelings better. The music in full is nice enough but all I'm getting to hear is those crashing intro bars multiple times and I'm really not happy that the original music is not available to us.

This post isn't helpful on the current topic. People want music in game and at character selection, but they want the music volume to be normalized to what is in game and some people would prefer alternate music from the game to play on character select. Turning down the music because it is loud at character select makes it too low in game, so it would be a constant change when logging out and in. Suggesting they play their own music isn't an option as they want the music from the game, they only want to change the music on one specific screen.

I disagree. There actually are players who don't know they can adjust the in-game music level. So, like most of my posts, this is mainly aimed towards those forum readers, not just the OP.

Also, it seems a bit of a nit-pick to be concerned about the music on the Character Selection screen. How long do you expect to take to select a character?

I'd have to admit though that, since I have the music turned off, I tend to forget there even is music. While I'm playing I'm usually also listening to podcasts, or Youtube videos, or live tennis. Or, if I'm in a group (FP) I'll just be paying attention to the FP.

I hear they're planning on a dubstep version of the intro for the next patch. Looking forward to that. :cool:

That would be nice. I like dubstep. But... where did you hear that rumour? ;)

I find the current intro too hard to listen to. The song is great, but the first bars... it's too much an audible slap in the face. :D I, too, wished I could adjust this somehow. Like the title screen, replace a file or change a line in a config file...

I recently returned from a 7 year hiatus. The character select music is absolutely terrible. That blast of screaming voices at the beginning of the music is almost enough to just make me logout. In fact I canceled my sub today.

And the login picture? It is not even 'Star Wars' art. I'm guessing it was drawn by some 15 year old kid of one of the developers. Prove Me Wrong.

I recently returned from a 7 year hiatus. The character select music is absolutely terrible. That blast of screaming voices at the beginning of the music is almost enough to just make me logout. In fact I canceled my sub today.

And the login picture? It is not even 'Star Wars' art. I'm guessing it was drawn by some 15 year old kid of one of the developers. Prove Me Wrong.

Get serious and/or get over yourself. 😏

People are always so averse to change...

You had the same music for nearly 8 years. I for one am happy for the change, though it would be great to have an in game option to pick music and load screen picture without altering game files.

Edited by Nemmar

People are always so averse to change...

You had the same music for nearly 8 years. I for one am happy for the change, though it would be great to have an im game option to pick music and load screen picture without altering game files.

Agreed, although I will say that the new opening music somewhat reminds me of Duel of the Fates from Episode I. The change never really bothered me; surprised me when I first heard it but I don't mind it. Looks like I may be in the minority though.