Endless offensive or gathering storm ?

Yseut

Hello

I'm playing sage telekinetic and i can't figure out if i prefer one or the other. Gathering storm seems way better for mono target. Am I wrong? Is there a big dps difference ? Is one really better than the other?

I do unterstand that the endless offensive one is based on the new skill.

Endless Offensive :

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Telekinetic Blitz deals 10% more damage

(6) Energize now stack up to 3 times. Force Speed immediately recharges one Telekinetic Blitz ability charge.

Gathering storm :

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Force Speed makes your next Force attack deal 20% more damage and Force attacks deal 20% more damage while Mental Alacrity is active.

(6) Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Mental Alacrity by 10 seconds. Using Mental Alacrity immediately after adds 10 seconds to its duration.

Thanks for your advices !

Hello

I'm playing sage telekinetic and i can't figure out if i prefer one or the other. Gathering storm seems way better for mono target. Am I wrong? Is there a big dps difference ? Is one really better than the other?

I do unterstand that the endless offensive one is based on the new skill.

Endless Offensive :

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Telekinetic Blitz deals 10% more damage

(6) Energize now stack up to 3 times. Force Speed immediately recharges one Telekinetic Blitz ability charge.

Gathering storm :

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Force Speed makes your next Force attack deal 20% more damage and Force attacks deal 20% more damage while Mental Alacrity is active.

(6) Activating Force Speed reduces the cooldown of Mental Alacrity by 10 seconds. Using Mental Alacrity immediately after adds 10 seconds to its duration.

Thanks for your advices !

Get gathering storm as a priority for both dps specs ... it is simply better for 88% of situations or so lol.

Then if you are a class diehard or minimaxer get the other one and use it in aoe situations.

Tacticals you immediately want as well: Stormwatch/ Elemental Convection (TK), Tempest of Rho / Slow Mercy (Madness).

Then work on getting Eyrin's haste and Mystic Ruthless Blade as well as Life Warden (PvP)

Have fun and "play ur way"!

Get gathering storm as a priority for both dps specs ... it is simply better for 88% of situations or so lol.

Then if you are a class diehard or minimaxer get the other one and use it in aoe situations.

Tacticals you immediately want as well: Stormwatch/ Elemental Convection (TK), Tempest of Rho / Slow Mercy (Madness).

Then work on getting Eyrin's haste and Mystic Ruthless Blade as well as Life Warden (PvP)

Have fun and "play ur way"!

Thanks for taking the time to write this but one question , Elemental Convection is a very nice dps increase as it basically gives you chain lightning twice in the rotation plus the aoe dmg from volt rush but how would you include volt rush in the set rotation then.

Myself personally i like setting up the 3 combo : thundering > chain > lightning for big burst in pvp so after this combo using volt rush would give you back chain lightning 2 secs earlier and ofc your gonna use it but by the time thundering and lightning flash come back from cd you won't have a chain lightning as it's going to be on a CD :)

Just want ur 2 cents on it if ur still around. cheers

Edited by offence

Here's the thing, Endless offensive you can only get from new Dxun OP and is not available at the vendor, while Gathering Storm is, so if your eventual goal is to get Endless offensive might as well get Gathering storm from the vendor with tech fragments you get along the way while working on new OPS set. But before anything else, i would get your tactical. I personally prefer Stormwatch or Ticking Force-Bomb even as i like to keep Weaken Mind and Mind Crush up all the time on a target so these two work great to get more dps from that. Eyrin's Haste is another great one if you like spamming force speed and it pairs well with Gathering storm set. Elemental Convection is only useful if you use the new Dxun OP set and the new ability we got TK Blitz. All other sets i found to be sub-optimal from what i tested on PTS. Only other one i really like would be Stationary Grit if you prefer to stand still while casting, which is my prefered way to play this class. This one gives you 2% alacrity as 2 peace and 3% damage increase while standing still as well as 10% extra armor rating while moving as 4 peace which is great to mitigate some damage on movement heavy fights. So at the end of the day, go with what you are most comfortable with playing as none of these new sets are really overpowering like some were in the past, sadly TK/Sorcs are really behind the curve as dps this last few expansions and none of these sets really help much to get them ahead sadly