Colored orange/pink screen at character selection screen, stuck

Whats this? Why I got pink/red/orange colored screen at character selection screen? I did looked up on google it seems this is a multi monitor problem but I have only one, after a relog problem went away, should I run a repair in launcher? For the record I was alt tabbing to my firefox while game loads at background and suddenly my mouse cursor repointed at middle, so it is possible game think I have a second monitor? is this possible?

It seems this is a problem since release

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=540209

Pink surfaces are usually mssing textures, but since it works after a restart, you don't need to repair the installation.

It may have been be an unique issue caused by alt-tabbing in the wrong moment. When it happens more often, stop alt-tabbing during the load screen (:p) or try the fix from that old thread (Change to Fullscreen (Windowed).

Edited by Mubrak

Two common things can cause this:

1) Alt-Tabbing at the wrong moment during game startup. This is often the mail culprit. Try to avoid Alt-Tabbing until you see the character select screen.

2) Hardware issues, and more specifically: overheating. I know when my machine was overheating the game would start up to pink or orange screens (often followed by a PC crash). Sometimes it would stay "in-game" for a few minutes. Could hear sounds etc., but then bam, crash. The fact you can relog and it be fine I'm gonna assume this isn't your issue though. See #1.

• 1 year later...

I was getting Pink screen. I recently allowed a Windows update which resurrected Xbox Overlay (from the dead). It was producing an error box during swtor loading: You'll need a new app to open this ms-gamingoverlay.

This error box pulled me out to desktop, which stops my video card from loading, and then Pinkscreen. Windows:settings:Xboxgamebar:disable, and fixed. A thrilling Halloween scare from MS.