Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Masterwork-Monumental Crystal Reward Reform

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Masterwork-Monumental Crystal Reward Reform

jimmorrisson
06.13.2019 , 12:44 AM | #1
Wanted to post something like this for quite sometime. We are six months into Ossus which in retrospect was designed to kill time till the next expansion. Kiling time in the form of a slow-grind for gear currency.

Up until now (recent update dramatically increased drop rate in commend crates) Masterwork crystals were rewarded primarily 3 ways which yielded up to 4 masterwork crystals a week.

Below is how Masterwork and Monumental crystals are allocated, problems with the allocation process and a suggested solution.

Purchase Masterwork Crystals Directly (Two: First for 500 Unassembled Components, the second for 1000):

• Problem: none
• Suggestion: Second crystal should be lowered to 500 Unassembled with Rodian dialog updated to crystals being "rationed" which is more accurate.

Defeat Two World Bosses (Story Mode):

Kil'Cik (Bug): As of now there are no problems however during the first two to three months of Ossus the no-credit bug had quite a demoralizing effect on the player base. Especially if one didn't get credit from R8-X8

The bug for Bug (Kil'Cik) is the reason why R8-X8 is traditionally the first boss to dealt with for raiding groups.

R8-X8 (Droid):
• Problem: Recruiting a group with 4 healers and 2 tanks is a achievement itself. Getting a crew together then battling R8-X8 which involves multiple revives along with the back and forth between Sanctuary and Raid area takes up quite a bit of time and repair credits - not to mention trying the group's collective patience.

Now if boss is slain while the player is en route back from Sanctuary or in the process of reconnecting then they receive no credit. Many players instantly leave group making the next boss KilCik (Bug) a little more harder due to fewer members.

• Suggestion: Game error in this instance should benefit player. Everyone in group should get credit even if not present for bosses' final demise.

Timed Weekly Missions

Problem: While no doubt random, given we are in the second week for Master Mode Flashpoints (4x) for the second time within a month or so - it is now clear the RNG is weighted in favor of Master Mode Flash Points and Star Fighter.

Suggestion: Timed Weekly Mission should be for the weekly instead of PVP 8 medals, Star Fighter wins (3x) with the aforementioned Master Mode Flashpoints reduced to the Veteran Mode weekly. (Master Mode should give a Monumental at this point).

CHANGE:
PVP 8 medals TO PVP Weekly (20 matches) = 1 masterwork
Star Fighter 3 wins TO Star Fighter weekly (7 matches) = 1 masterwork
Master Mode Flashpoints (4x) TO Veteran Mode Flashpoints weekly (5x) = 1 masterwork

Mountain Queen World Boss (Story Mode)
- Given the time and effort to recruit a raid crew for this quest - everyone should receive a Artifact loot crate box in perhaps limited to 1 loot a week.

Monumental Crystals
- At this point players should have the opportunity to purchase Monumental crystals directly with Masterwork crystals.

Collec
06.13.2019 , 03:27 AM | #2
UC's, Masterwork crystal,Monumental Crystal, Command Tokens, Alliance Data Ret-something something will all go away with 6.0 . They'll convert to credits,so use them now,if you have any plans for it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv

taxidermis
06.13.2019 , 04:34 AM | #3
Tbh with 6.0 dropping in 3 months I cant be bothered to grind anymore 258 gear. I'm rather focusing on getting alts ready and then gonna be playtesting PTS a ton to make sure new abilities and tactical items and such work as intended
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

DarkTergon
06.13.2019 , 08:26 AM | #4
[QUOTE=jimmorrisson;9737877]Wanted to post something like this for quite sometime. We are six months into Ossus which in retrospect was designed to kill time till the next expansion. Kiling time in the form of a slow-grind for gear currency.

Purchase Masterwork Crystals Directly (Two: First for 500 Unassembled Components, the second for 1000):

• Problem: none
• Suggestion: Second crystal should be lowered to 500 Unassembled with Rodian dialog updated to crystals being "rationed" which is more accurate.

I like this idea.

Defeat Two World Bosses (Story Mode):

The bug for Bug (Kil'Cik) is the reason why R8-X8 is traditionally the first boss to dealt with for raiding groups.

Not true, droid is easier to get to for most people, which is why people start there, it also stops people only joining for one boss, if you have a set starting point.

R8-X8 (Droid):
• Problem: Recruiting a group with 4 healers and 2 tanks is a achievement itself. Getting a crew together then battling R8-X8 which involves multiple revives along with the back and forth between Sanctuary and Raid area takes up quite a bit of time and repair credits - not to mention trying the group's collective patience.
If you have 4 healers, the deaths should be minimal, if people are dying, it's usually cause people drop the circle on the boss, BW can't really stop that...lol

Now if boss is slain while the player is en route back from Sanctuary or in the process of reconnecting then they receive no credit. Many players instantly leave group making the next boss KilCik (Bug) a little more harder due to fewer members.

Most people know not to release once the boss reaches 15%, and even if they don't someone in the raid group usually shoutsm don't rez, or stay dead, if you release after that, it's their own problem.

• Suggestion: Game error in this instance should benefit player. Everyone in group should get credit even if not present for bosses' final demise.
No, cause people would release and not bother coming back , and they'd still get credit, It's bad enough people staying dead, when they have plenty of time to come back. Groups have wiped because of this.

CHANGE:
PVP 8 medals TO PVP Weekly (20 matches) = 1 masterwork

20 matches is way to much,

Mountain Queen World Boss (Story Mode)
- Given the time and effort to recruit a raid crew for this quest - everyone should receive a Artifact loot crate box in perhaps limited to 1 loot a week.
Neverr had a problem getting a SM queen going

Monumental Crystals
- At this point players should have the opportunity to purchase Monumental crystals directly with Masterwork crystals.
totally agree with this, especially as come spet, it will all be worthless anyway. (I don't want the gear, just the deco's...lol)
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”