Resolution Question

Belpheghor

Just bought a new 4K TV to play the game off of and have it on max resolution which gives me a gorgeous picture, but noticed even WITH enlarging my global ui in the user interface that elements like my pointer are extremely small.

Wondering if there is an adjustment I missed or maybe an addon I could use?

Just bought a new 4K TV to play the game off of and have it on max resolution which gives me a gorgeous picture, but noticed even WITH enlarging my global ui in the user interface that elements like my pointer are extremely small.

Wondering if there is an adjustment I missed or maybe an addon I could use?

No addons, no pointer size adjustment. Sorry.

For reference, I have the same problem. I'm kinda sorta getting used to it, a bit, but not much.

Oh, and it's clearly possible to do this right, since on GW2, the pixel-count dimensions of the pointer doubled (leaving it about the same size relative to the screen) when I switched from 1080p to 4K. Er. Automatically, without me doing anything.

The simplest solution would be to play the game at 1920x1080 resolution. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, 4K TV, detailed graphics, yada, yada - how much do you really notice the graphics during game play anyway? :)

(or maybe you could use an intermediate resolution like 2560x1440)

The only somewhat fix i've found is to go into your desktops resolution settings and set your scale to the max, think it is 350% or something. That will cause your cursor ingame to scale up whith those settings. That's what i do when I play this game, then just turn it back to normal after I'm done, not a perfect solution but it works

To be a bit more specific, its the option under Scale and Layout to change the size of text,apps and other items

Edited by Hunterr

The only somewhat fix i've found is to go into your desktops resolution settings and set your scale to the max, think it is 350% or something. That will cause your cursor ingame to scale up whith those settings. That's what i do when I play this game, then just turn it back to normal after I'm done, not a perfect solution but it works

To be a bit more specific, its the option under Scale and Layout to change the size of text,apps and other items

I tried that, increasing scale to 350% but didn't work. I wonder if there is a value in the files you could increase that would do the trick? I'm going through the ToR game files atm but can't find anything.

I tried that, increasing scale to 350% but didn't work. I wonder if there is a value in the files you could increase that would do the trick? I'm going through the ToR game files atm but can't find anything.

Check the properties of your swtor exe or shortcut. Go to the compatibility tab and click on the high dpi settings. Mine is checked to override the applications setting with the desktops. With that checked it works, without it it does nothing. Hopefully it'll work for you because that's how it fixes it for me

Edited by Hunterr

Check the properties of your swtor exe or shortcut. Go to the compatibility tab and click on the high dpi settings. Mine is checked to override the applications setting with the desktops. With that checked it works, without it it does nothing. Hopefully it'll work for you because that's how it fixes it for me

Tried it, mine was already checked as a default when I went into properties, my bad luck is endless lol.

Tried it, mine was already checked as a default when I went into properties, my bad luck is endless lol.

Sorry to hear it. I don't know what else to say then, that method pretty much doubles/triples my cursor size when I play the game compared to the default. I tried to take some in game shots to show the before and after but it doesn't seem to like to keep the cursor in the image.

Update: Here's some crappy cell shots to show the difference from the default 150% to the 350%

350: https://i.imgur.com/pmgCI68.jpg

150: https://i.imgur.com/3fMTsWI.jpg

Edited by Hunterr