Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How are swtor raids?

Ralph_Panda
09.30.2018 , 02:54 PM | #1
Recently returned from WoW and was wondering how are swtor raids?

I have almost 0 experience outside one time that we got a group and entered into the heart of chaos on that dread master planet and we got completely annihilated having no idea *** we are supposed to do xD

How do raids work in swtor compared to wow?

Difficulty compared to wow mechanic wise?
Are the rewards good?
How easy is to get a group or guild to do them?
Are there any damage meters or simming sites for swtor classes?

Thanks

Eloi_BG
09.30.2018 , 03:57 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ralph_Panda View Post
Recently returned from WoW and was wondering how are swtor raids?

I have almost 0 experience outside one time that we got a group and entered into the heart of chaos on that dread master planet and we got completely annihilated having no idea *** we are supposed to do xD

Are the rewards good?

Thanks
Hey,

Can't compare to Wow cause I barely played it, so I'll let someone else do it. For the other questions:
- Rewards are decent, but top tier gear is no longer locked behind operations like 3.0 and before. Operations is probably the fastest way to gear though.
- Lots of groups form on fleet for story modes every day (especially whatever op is on group finder that day). Some easy veteran modes (EV and KP) are pugged a lot. For harder veteran mode pugs lot of it happens on discord channels of servers. There is still an ok amount of guild that runs veterans pugs or guild runs. Master mode community is pretty small, but if you are good and willing to put the time, you'll find a place.
- Starparse is the way to track DPS/HPS/whatever in game. Has lots of good timers and tools: http://ixparse.com/
- Parsely is the place where people share top parses and such, can be a good way to compare rotations and numbers in general: http://parsely.io/
- For ops guides (and also any guides in general), this is a pretty usefull tool, tracks pretty much everything: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=947159&page=2. Lots of ops guides are not up to date, but in most cases, mechanics ahven't changed at all, just HP amounts.

Even though the amount of content is far from what Wow has, I think a new player can have a lot of fun for a good hwile in swtor ops, I enjoy them very much (and through the years I've raided at pretty much every level).
Nemio the Acceptable Player

fabsus
10.01.2018 , 04:51 AM | #3
i played wow during the burning crusade addon. compared to this time,
swtor raids are much more easy. but wow raids got nerfed from patch to patch,
to open them for a wider audience. in swtor this is all a bit fixed, caused by the
bad update philosophy.

also the combination of classes is no problem at all. you can run every
operation with 8 inquisitors (1-2 assassins, rest sorcerers).

so swtor is much more a casual game.

the plus for swtor are the storylines.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.

Jake_Kast
10.01.2018 , 09:19 AM | #4
Quote:
Almost the same with the exception to loot system, you get some random gear, token and command xp( new progression system like in WoW PvP system right now with conquest but you get loot each command lvl and ilvl of the gear you get scales up and it doesnt have a stupid weekly cap so its way better than what WoW have right now)

Quote:
You would find it really familiar and it's almost looks the same

Quote:
Are the rewards good?
Well you can get top tier gear by doing casual raiding and some other activities which I find really great

Quote:
There are guilds that do Vet and Nim ops and all SM ops are easily done with pugs

Quote:
You can get StarParse if you want to do more Vet and Nim ops but its not needed for SM ops
The Red Eclipse

Master Arcuis(Sage)
Darth Adrelios(Juggernaut)

AlrikFassbauer
10.02.2018 , 12:44 PM | #5
Just in case you might need it : SWTOR Acronyms Explained
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.