Screenshots - Not Saving

Synwulf

My last screenshot I was able to save to the SWTOR\Screenshots location was mid January. I have searched my entire hard drive for any screenshots taken after that date with no luck. So I can only assume that either:

1) My screenshots are saving in the path provided or any other location on my drive.

2) My screenshots are not being taken in order to create a file at the designated location.

I have attempted to do screenshots in multiple ways.

1) Ensured keybinding for "Screenshot" is correct. Set up the shot. Click the designated button.

2) Use the in-game provided "camera" to take screenshot. Set up the shot I don't really want because I want a picture of my character. Click the designated button.

I have reinstalled the game around mid March and had attempted screenshots both prior and after the reinstall. Nothing has seemed to help.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this problem as well. I find it is very inconsistent. I managed to take one screenshot on 9/20 (it is 9/24) today, but I took a whole bunch of them over the weekend (9/22-23) and none of them appear in the /Documents/Star Wars - The Old Republic/Screenshots folder.

I have ensured that my keys are correctly bound, I am hitting the bound screenshot key (Print Screen), and I grant admin privs to the game every time it runs (it always pops up the UAC window).

What's the secret to getting screenshots to save? Judging by search results in the forums, it's a problem that seems to crop up from time to time, especially after patches.

If you have Windows 10 and have not deactivated the game bar / Xbox thing, then Alt+Win+PrtScr ("Win" == the key with the Windows logo between Ctrl and Alt) will save to C:\Users\{your user}\Videos\Captures from any game. The name of the game will be in the filename of the capture, and it is capable of capturing SWTOR cutscenes.

• 5 years later...

hey  @OwenBrooks , now that you're a bit more in the TECH support mix around here these days,  any chance you might know  how to fix  this particularly aggravating & random type of  longstanding issue?  ( see thread ^ )  -- Is it just a Microsoft Windows  conflict?   I'm not sure tbh, only because it never happens in any other games for me  except SWTOR.

Basically,  after taking screenshots for a while on 1 character, then going to a different planet/phase (on that same character)  randmly then screenshots stop working/saving to your HD anymore. (PrntScrn button seemingly does nothing )

It can be very frustrating though, since often certain screenshots needed ( for Bug Reporting & such ) are locked inside a phase , but everytime  players  logout or restart,  the game pops you OUT of that phase.  Then upon re-entry of the phase after a quick relog , the ss's stop working/saving again.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nee-Elder said:

hey  @OwenBrooks , now that you're a bit more in the TECH support mix around here these days,  any chance you might know  how to fix  this particularly aggravating & random type of  longstanding issue?  ( see thread ^ )  -- Is it just a Microsoft Windows  conflict?   I'm not sure tbh, only because it never happens in any other games for me  except SWTOR.

Basically,  after taking screenshots for a while on 1 character, then going to a different planet/phase (on that same character)  randmly then screenshots stop working/saving to your HD anymore. (PrntScrn button seemingly does nothing )

It can be very frustrating though, since often certain screenshots needed ( for Bug Reporting & such ) are locked inside a phase , but everytime  players  logout or restart,  the game pops you OUT of that phase.  Then upon re-entry of the phase after a quick relog , the ss's stop working/saving again.

not something i have looked at 

maybe ensure launcher.exe and swtor.exe are both running as administrator , so right mouse click on both exe files in the game folder, select properties and tick run this program as administrator , may help if something blocks the write to the document folder 

4 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

not something i have looked at 

maybe ensure launcher.exe and swtor.exe are both running as administrator ,

Already been done every iteration since  i began SWTOR back in 2011 beta lol

oh well,  thx anyways  OwenBrooks  you were my only hope! :csw_r2d2:

• Like 1