Increase hook cap on guildship

Soul_of_Flames

There are far too few hooks on the guildship. My guild has 14 / 15 rooms open and all 775 hooks slotted and we still have entire rooms that are empty. And some of the rooms that do have decorations are very sparsely decorated that they might as well be empty.

I see there being three solutions to this:

1. Increase the total hook usage cap by 50%. At least. Preferably more.

2. Change the way the cap works to be per-floor rather than one cap for the entire ship.

3. Change the way hook caps work to be proximity based. So you can put down as many decos as you want in your stronghold, just not densely packed in one room / location.

Suggestion 2 and 3 would be in the case the issue is performance/optimization based.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

Yes -- we need a higher hook limit on guild flagships.

Even an extra 25 would be a huge help, but 100 is better!

Some of those huge rooms look ridiculously empty, given the limitations.

Edited by Xina_LA

Oh good grief, yes. And yes. And yes please again. I know we've asked for this before, and there's been a decoration cap increase before, but it was just not enough.

This is not us being greedy, it's really not. The flagships are huge and there is absolutely no way to fully decorate every room under the current deco limit. The only way to do something with each room under this limit is to just use a few larger decos in a few corners and otherwise leave vast swathes of open/unused space. That completely defeats the purpose of a customizable ship. This isn't some PVE set that is meant to be hugely scaled and populated by mobs in mostly empty space.

On flagships where I have been going for very specific designs or concepts, I've found myself having to open new rooms entirely to increase the cap count for previous rooms, and blockading off the new rooms and leaving them empty. It's such a shame. :(

• 1 year later...
The unlock costs of said rooms and decks should change to be more in line with the new costs of the ships themselves too, the command deck alone can run a billion credit value. It's pretty ridiculous for a small to medium guild to be able to buy a ship but then have to buy or grind out 5 frameworks/250 encyrptions or dark projects for every room

Yes, the base number of hooks can we use on a flagship needs to be significantly increased.

Flagships have a lot of open space. When you reach cap, there are a lot of empty spaces. Ugh!

I also agree that small guilds should have some way, through steady progress and work, to earn encryptions.