Camera Rotation Speed too high!

Darqu

My mouse is set at 800 DPI, 1000Hz polling rate and while moving over the screen 3840x2160 speed at which the cursor is moving is too low (I can increase it, no problem), however when pressing the right mouse button and rotating the camera left right up or down it does wild. It's like 50G, I can do like 8 rotations in 1 swing.

The slider is set at 0%. Mouse acceleration is turned off.

- I have gone into my SWTOR .INI file and set [ Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.08 ]. When you set the camera rotation speed slider in game to 0%, it goes down to "0.1" at the minimum. You can get slower camera rotation speeds by modifying the file directly. Changing the slider and applying in game will overwrite this. However, I have already overwritten my previous settings with the in-game settings slider. This .INI file is located in ( C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings \%ACCOUNTNAME%_Account.ini )

The issue is ~still~ there. The variable setting in (on my computer), C:\This PC\Users|Owner|AppData\Local|SWTOR\swtor\settings\ YOURLEGACYNAME_Account.ini called (default) Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 3.09999990463 had to be reduced to 0.57 in order to prevent instantaneous camera excursions that force the screen view into full top down or under floor up, when adjusting camera pitch. ("Pitch" = depress and hold mouse button 2 and then move the mouse in order to change perspective from higher above and behind toon (third person view) to lower, or vice versa.) This seems less an issue of mouse pointer speed and more one camera pitch speed. In any event, the fixed variable works to adjust the insidious "I'm suddenly looking down at the top of my toon's head" problem, as well as others above.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=23214

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=342437

It still works

The line isn't there and you will have to add it. I added it tonight and it works

I used:

Controls_CameraRotationSpeed = 0.08

Edited by Liquor

I'm actually trying to achieve the exact opposite. I prefer using my arrow keys to rotate the camera so it rotates at a far slower pace than it does with mouse input. I mean, if you can do it with your mouse then you should be able to do U-turns with your keyboard as well?

• 1 month later...
Its bugget for a long time.... Just edit it to 100% and hit "Confirm" , then turn it back to 0%. You`ll see a huge difference and your mouse speed will be normal. The starting 0% and edited 0% isnt the same. Im sure about that cuz Im doing it everytime when I download the game on different PCs. Edited by iankalo

• 5 years later...