Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mercenaries are extremely over-performing, and pvp is broken..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Mercenaries are extremely over-performing, and pvp is broken..

alienwareguy
12.04.2016 , 12:29 PM | #1
Well, I want to start off by saying that I just came back to SWTOR after taking a 5 month break to play another MMORPG, Guild Wars 2. But I gotta say, SWTOR always has that special place in my heart and its really difficult to part with Star Wars, as its part of me now, and part of our culture. I strongly believe its that Idea "Star Wars" that keeps many of us planted in this game for so long.

Well, coming back this time was obviously quite planned as i wanted to check out the new content, and see how classes were doing in terms of overall balance.. And having played gw2 for the past 6 months, i wanted to come back to swtor, not only to enjoy the new content, but compare it to the other MMO ive been enjoying and supporting, just to see if MAYBE swtor can pull me back in as a full timer.

Well sadly this time around, SWTOR wont be holding me very long. I felt like the content was very reused and re-skinned, and doesn't promote group play to any degree whatsoever.. Also, the new gearing system is just totally horrible for thoes who might have a job, or do anything else with their life other than PVE content. As a pvper, gearing in swtor was always decent enough, that i could acquire gear in a timely manner, even gearing up alts.. Well this is no longer the case... I must say it was really enjoyable to be a pvper prior to this patch, now gearing in SWTOR just took a turn for the worst.

On to class balance.. Mercs are just totally broken right now. Even trying to kill a DPS merc is nearly impossible unless you can stealth out while their OP cooldowns are rolling. Even then, if u manage to fight through their god mode defensive systems, they have the highest single target burst in the game, all from range... It just makes no sense to buff the class to the extent that they did. AND GIVING DPS GUARDS!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?... What were you guys thinking with that decision. Now u get into a match, and every deception sin, and veng jugg is guarding their OP merc/sorc healers. Its just a mess. I'm having trouble even finding the words right now im so aggravated with this game.

To all you out there looking to escape this mess, and get into a competitive scene i highly recommend gw2. You might have tried it, and didnt like it, but give it another go and i promise you wont be let down. Gw2's combat system is genius, and much more flexible in terms of builds and self expression with how you play your chosen profession.

Swtor was a great game, but right now its super messed up and i hope this development team comes to their senses. Swtor hasnt got much life left in it, as its getting rather old at this point and its not WoW. So, i really hope changes are made to at least attempt to keep whats left.

One thing i will say about swtor, is the classes theme, and overall design is really more interesting than most MMO's. The classes are something you would REALLY want to be if you could live in that science fiction universe of saber wielding heros.

Anyways. Mercs are OP, and sins are trailing right behind them. The new gearing system is a disaster. Please remove alliance proving grounds. Then end..

DenariusJay
12.04.2016 , 01:15 PM | #2
I don't even see Mercs kiting anymore in WZs. They get guarded, and just stand there and face tank everyone with all the new defensive buffs and healing they have now. If a healer is with them its practically impossible to get them down, Must be nice.
server: The Hot Prospect (10/4/2017 #NEVERFORGET)
Characters: Billie Eilish/Jessica Alba/Olivia Munn / Rashida Jones / Alicia Keys / Colin Kaepernick

QuiveringPotato
12.04.2016 , 02:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DenariusJay View Post
I don't even see Mercs kiting anymore in WZs. They get guarded, and just stand there and face tank everyone with all the new defensive buffs and healing they have now. If a healer is with them its practically impossible to get them down, Must be nice.
Yeah, you something's wrong when a ranged class' main defensive strategy is to facetank.

Inb4 mercs reply, "lol just don't attack me, or CC me while I have my DCDs up!" You know, it'd be nice to just ignore you guys when you popped things, but unfortunately, you're also doing the most ranged burst right now. BW dun ****ed up with this class. Merc is now like the unholy spawn of a sorc healer and a skanktank jugg.
Arvengis | Akanias Taleri | Mhyrah | Arcuneth | Tol'ika
Arteum | Celden

The Ebon Hawk <Nerf Operatives> Youtube Channel

Karolinakracka
12.04.2016 , 02:31 PM | #4
You are complaining about a class being OP that has been **** on in pvp since launch. I have mained a merc healer since 1.2 and it finally feels good to play the class i love without getting blown up in 4v4's. I am willing to bet that most of the complaining is coming from sorcs, who have been OP since God Bubble came out. It is your turn to get the bottom end of class balance. let us mercs enjoy our one patch to be useful.
Foodstamp/Merc Heals
Welfare-Check/Sniper

The White-Trash Legacy

Tsetso
12.04.2016 , 02:35 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Karolinakracka View Post
You are complaining about a class being OP that has been **** on in pvp since launch. I have mained a merc healer since 1.2 and it finally feels good to play the class i love without getting blown up in 4v4's. I am willing to bet that most of the complaining is coming from sorcs, who have been OP since God Bubble came out. It is your turn to get the bottom end of class balance. let us mercs enjoy our one patch to be useful.
Noone is complaining about merc healers. The issue is arsenal.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deaconik View Post
You may have a different opinion and that's your opinion and I don't care.
#RemoveRNG

Thessal
12.04.2016 , 02:36 PM | #6
The class has reflective shield, great escapes, heals, cc, electro net......ummm a bit much don't you think?

Snipers got a roll heal......wow, that's cool.

teclado
12.04.2016 , 02:39 PM | #7
I'm not even mad. I'm just LOL'ing at the beautiful justice of a class that has been so terrible for so long finally getting its moment.

Soljin
12.04.2016 , 04:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Thessal View Post
The class has reflective shield, great escapes, heals, cc, electro net......ummm a bit much don't you think?

Snipers got a roll heal......wow, that's cool.
So what you are saying is they are about even with Operatives trading Electro-net for stealth/combat vanish.......

My Merc feels about equal in survival to my Sorc at this point. Damage wise Mercs are up there but I feel like my combat sentinel has more burst than my Merc....as it should be.

It kinda seems like people are accustomed to Merc/Mando under performing and are a bit bias towards putting them right back there....

I shelved my Mercenary about 3.0 and decided I would not play it again until it could survive without the entire team trying to prop it up....that time is here but I'm guessing the Sorcerer/Operative/Assassin classes will try to put a stop to a new 1v1 master entering their ranks....

Mercenary has the skills to compete at the top tier in this games PvP now and people really don't seem to be happy about it....
I want my SWG...
Server: Satele Shan
Now, we must all fear evil. But there is a specific kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good people.

RACATW
12.04.2016 , 05:14 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
So what you are saying is they are about even with Operatives trading Electro-net for stealth/combat vanish.......

My Merc feels about equal in survival to my Sorc at this point. Damage wise Mercs are up there but I feel like my combat sentinel has more burst than my Merc....as it should be.

It kinda seems like people are used to Merc/Manod under performing and are a bit bias towards putting them right back there....

I shelfed my Merc about 3.0 and decided I would not play it again until it could survive without the entire team trying to prop it up....that time is here but I'm guessing the Sorc/Operative/Sin classes will try to put a stop to a new 1v1 master entering their ranks....
Merc is overperforming... A good merc can't lose many 1v1s if any right now.

Soljin
12.04.2016 , 05:21 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Merc is overperforming... A good merc can't lose many 1v1s if any right now.
How so? what are you basing this claim on? Do you play Merc/Mando? have you been dueling one on your main class to test how to fight them rather then previously just straight focus firing one down?

You have not provided any relevant information in this post.

Try stunning them through their DCDs and not just pour your damage on them.....That doesn't work anymore. Mercenary isn't my main... The only thing that is a bummer would be there are more Merc/Mandos and as a result Net is being used often in WZs....But that is a result of increased numbers....People actually starting to play the class again...
I want my SWG...
Server: Satele Shan
Now, we must all fear evil. But there is a specific kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good people.