Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

4.0 Alacrity Soft Cap?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
4.0 Alacrity Soft Cap?

LautrecofCarim
01.01.2016 , 05:05 PM | #1
At what point would I start to experience diminiahing returna from Alacrity rating? I'm looking everywhere and I'm only getting info from 3.0, amd even that doesn't give me a rwference
The to success is NERF OPERATIVES - DJ Khaled

knowmyname
01.02.2016 , 12:31 AM | #2
get to 7%. But not more than 8%
7 Day FREE Subscription + free stuff -----> REFERRAL LINK
SWTOR.tv <--- Link to all my streams
<KungFu Treachery> - Vtt / Vdr
AKA: Liquor -=- #NerfOperatives

Beilok
03.23.2016 , 11:37 AM | #3
8% really?! no the difference in gain between 100 alacrity and 1000 alacrity is .003%
at 1500 alacrity you only loose .006% to diminishing returns

StefanTOR
03.23.2016 , 12:39 PM | #4
Hmm for what class? On Arsenal Merc I find that having only one piece of alacrity is enough for the 1.4 sec TM & 2.8 sec blazing bolts. If i want to get that lower I have to sacrifice a lot of crit rating for alacrity. I'd rather get the 20k+ Heatseekers on sorcs.

sumquy
03.23.2016 , 01:07 PM | #5
you start getting diminishing returns with the second point you put into the stat. this is true for all stats, not just alacrity. according to this graph, (the only one i could find for 4.0) https://game-guide.fr/wp-content/upl...urbes-4.0.jpeg there is no soft cap for alacrity or any of the other stats in 4.0 anymore. rather they are all very smooth.

inb4: accuracy and alacrity being below the crit curve DOES NOT mean crit is more valuable. you can not draw any conclusions about damage or dps from the info on this graph. it answers the op's question about soft cap and that is all. for those not understanding what a soft cap, is look at this graph from 1.2: http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-co...04/iqlov42.png see that elbow in the top left? that is a soft cap.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

kweassa
03.24.2016 , 07:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
you start getting diminishing returns with the second point you put into the stat. this is true for all stats, not just alacrity. according to this graph, (the only one i could find for 4.0) https://game-guide.fr/wp-content/upl...urbes-4.0.jpeg there is no soft cap for alacrity or any of the other stats in 4.0 anymore. rather they are all very smooth.

inb4: accuracy and alacrity being below the crit curve DOES NOT mean crit is more valuable. you can not draw any conclusions about damage or dps from the info on this graph. it answers the op's question about soft cap and that is all. for those not understanding what a soft cap, is look at this graph from 1.2: http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-co...04/iqlov42.png see that elbow in the top left? that is a soft cap.
Frankly, all I notice is how pathetic and hopeless the curve stays for Defense, which is a main tanking stat for tanks, unlike how Alacrity is merely a support stat for DPS/healers no matter how you overemphasize its importance....
"To everything, there is a first step. The first steps in becoming better at PvP, is to acknowledge the fact that you totally suck. There's no shame in this -- even the greatest of players have been there, done that.
Stop complaining. Ask more questions. People are happy to help."

sumquy
03.24.2016 , 08:20 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Frankly, all I notice is how pathetic and hopeless the curve stays for Defense, which is a main tanking stat for tanks, unlike how Alacrity is merely a support stat for DPS/healers no matter how you overemphasize its importance....
2+2=4 is pathetic and hopeless. da***? when i said that you cannot use these graphs to draw any conclusions about damage or dps i assumed that you would make the logical leap to understand that that is also true of heals and damage mitigation, but it looks like i overestimated you. sorry.
...how i learned to love the dot and other short stories.

kweassa
03.24.2016 , 06:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by sumquy View Post
2+2=4 is pathetic and hopeless. da***? when i said that you cannot use these graphs to draw any conclusions about damage or dps i assumed that you would make the logical leap to understand that that is also true of heals and damage mitigation, but it looks like i overestimated you. sorry.
Where's the "logical leap" in merely stating what EVERYONE already knows, and simply confirmed through a visual representation that by itself display the discrepancies in the curves as well as initial differences the ratings itself?

You know what you're saying? It's like this. You show the graph that clearly displays the discrepancies of wealth distribution between the top 20% of the pop. and then the rest 80%, and then when somebody says, "hey, this country is f***up..." you're like, "Whoa! let's not jump to conclusions!".

That's what you're doing, right here. Friggin' number pushers.
"To everything, there is a first step. The first steps in becoming better at PvP, is to acknowledge the fact that you totally suck. There's no shame in this -- even the greatest of players have been there, done that.
Stop complaining. Ask more questions. People are happy to help."